Cannot lose money in pigs teerak...hmmmm

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do you mean these kind of ducks,

we have these too,

its not very often these go broody but the odd one will, but we have an incubator too to hatch when we need more,

my wife sells duck eggs every day, 120bht a pack of 30,

we also have peking ducks for eggs and meat,

also chickens for eggs and meat,

and moskovies for meat,

and fancy pigeons of all colours,

chicken and duck cant deside who nest it is, but they will both take care,,lol

post-32351-0-59409800-1426480242_thumb.j

post-32351-0-11534700-1426480456_thumb.j

post-32351-0-49206200-1426480513_thumb.p

post-32351-0-47807100-1426480600_thumb.j

JUST A THOUGHT...for all you haters and nay sayers , how many of you are knowledgeable about any kind of farming , yet come on here to put me down ? also , why would this girl tell me that her mum will even give me the chanote into my name if she wanted to rip me off ?

thanks to the likes of pigeonjake and isaan ausee etc for their helpfull replies wai.gif maybe some day i might just go into some kind of farming investment in isaan if i am to live in thailand later in my life, seems the best way to go instead of thinking about buying a bar somewhere and rotting your life away drinking. i love living in isaan, yes it gets boring but there is still plenty to do . i believe there is money to be made in farming pigs or ducks and done correctly and by doing your homework before setting out on anything and i can only think positive if i am going to succeed in anything on any venture that i will do in future.

the negative replies have fallen on deaf ears , i dont do negative .thumbsup.gif

for all you haters and nay sayers , how many of you are knowledgeable about any kind of farming , yet come on here to put me down ? also , why would this girl tell me that her mum will even give me the chanote into my name if she wanted to rip me off ?

you can't own land in Thailand chanote in your name (virtually) impossible.

for all you haters and nay sayers , how many of you are knowledgeable about any kind of farming , yet come on here to put me down ? also , why would this girl tell me that her mum will even give me the chanote into my name if she wanted to rip me off ?

thai limited company

do you mean these kind of ducks,

we have these too,

its not very often these go broody but the odd one will, but we have an incubator too to hatch when we need more,

my wife sells duck eggs every day, 120bht a pack of 30,

we also have peking ducks for eggs and meat,

also chickens for eggs and meat,

and moskovies for meat,

and fancy pigeons of all colours,

chicken and duck cant deside who nest it is, but they will both take care,,lol

who built the blockwork?one good flap of the ducks wing and that will be down, next time you build anything give us a shout il do it you can pay me in bacon..

thai limited company

Not legal but many do buy property that way, myself included. Just be aware that it is not legal and you do not really own the property.

when you split... (which is possible).,,, she keeps the farm. there is NOTHING you can do to get it back. it will be in HER name,, and most likely on HER FAMILIES land.

its a normal Trick to get you to build something (farm or house) on land that is already owned by her family.

just be happy with her in the city. 2 months of dating is not long enough.

I cant believe your even considering it after only a two months of being together.

I lived in Isaan for a few years too, and I think unless your getting married, FORGET IT.

oh no , no intentions after a couple months. just wanted to find out if there is any truth in what she says about pig farming as i allready suspected from the start that she doesnt know what shes talking about or else her mama would be doing it allready !!!

or she is trying to play me like a deck of cards whistling.gif

Good stuff actually.

You gave at least a little personal detail in your profile and that helps.

Are you a rich man not needing to work - have overseas income not needing to work etc?

What visa will you have to allow you to stay in Thailand? Your half mil would be good for five years...

What are your objectives in the short, medium and long terms?

In todays world, it seems quite rare for couples to stay together happily in the long term.

Rent or buy....

You cannot own land in Thailand.

My old Mum used to say, If you say it quickly, it sounds like a fantastic idea!

I'm glad to see that you are saying it slowly and thinking (asking) about all the possible pitfalls.

Good luck with all in your future and remember that when you are an old man like me,

the only things you will regret, will be the opportunities you didn't take a chance on.

The story is cattle not pigs.....farang and his sweety decide to invest in cattle and let the family look after then. So farang puts hand in pocket and out comes 2 million baht for a small herd. The herd of pregnant cows is procured and delivered to the family farm and with a big smile on his face farang and sweety head back to Pattaya to enjoy life by the sea.

A lot of phone calls to the family and there is reassurance all is well for a time....then farang starts to wonder, after 8 month why aren't the pregnant cows birthing? Another couple of months go by and farang, on the spur of the moment, tells sweety "lets jump in the car and go see what's happening". They do and when they arrive they see no pregnant cows or calves. blink.png

Apparently, this one and that in the family had sold cows when they needed money......and kept on selling......and sold some more......and in the end there were none left!

But that's cows. What could possibly go wrong raising pigs. rolleyes.gif

• 2 months later...

JUST A THOUGHT...for all you haters and nay sayers , how many of you are knowledgeable about any kind of farming , yet come on here to put me down ? also , why would this girl tell me that her mum will even give me the chanote into my name if she wanted to rip me off ?

thanks to the likes of pigeonjake and isaan ausee etc for their helpfull replies wai.gif maybe some day i might just go into some kind of farming investment in isaan if i am to live in thailand later in my life, seems the best way to go instead of thinking about buying a bar somewhere and rotting your life away drinking. i love living in isaan, yes it gets boring but there is still plenty to do . i believe there is money to be made in farming pigs or ducks and done correctly and by doing your homework before setting out on anything and i can only think positive if i am going to succeed in anything on any venture that i will do in future.

the negative replies have fallen on deaf ears , i dont do negative .thumbsup.gif

Guys I am new to posting here been reading for years but never found the time like most to spend hours writing, a lot of here say here guys, I have been in Thailand 20 years and have been married 17 years recently divorced as we just lost interest in one another, we parted on good terms and life is good.

Farming and assets I have plenty of both, trust the same, I have plenty of trust and money in farming can be made if you have the cash to outlay and don't try to farm Thai style.

My new girlfriend soon to be my wife is perfect and there are many out there if you get away from the bars.

Try to think about what you write as you are sitting in your Thai bar girl room as you have no money and spend your days here slagging everyone you stupid <deleted>.

• 2 weeks later...

i see there is a lot of expert pig farmers posting here, and i bet half of them have never seen a pig,

you can make money from pig farming,!

its all about getting the right contacts,

we buy our feed direct from a mill, saying on starter feed 200bht a bag down to finnishing feed we save 48bht a bag from the feed shop prices,

we buy our piglets in at 800 to 1200 bht a piglet depending on size,

it take us 4 months to grow them out to 100 kilo and at the moment its 55 bht a kilo farm gate price

its takes aprox 6 bags of feed per pig, so you can say 2700bht to rear,+ say 1200 per piglet= 3900

at 100 kilo we get 5500 per pig, sometimes more,

at the moment its at least 1600 bht profit,

and we sell between 20 and 40 pigs a month,

its 840 here and ive just finnished the cleaning and feeding,

we also have ducks for eggs and meat and chickens for the same,my wife sells eggs everyday, and we have just started selling a few fish as the pond behind the pig stys was just doing nothing, now every 3 month we put in and take out 1000 cat fish,

so please done comment unless you know what your talking about, thats the trouble with TV nowadays,

TO MANY EXPERTS WHO KNOW F££K ALL

Disagree. The girl & her family can make money from pig farming. Esp when the seed money is free. Yon clueless farang makes nothing. If they choose to give him anything beyond room, board, pocket money & a shared bed, consider it a gift. Beyond that, his ROI is zero.

disagree,

our farm is our home for us and our children,,i dont keep no family, my family is my wife and children, look at the pictures and posts i have posted in the past you will see our life,

i still work offshore, the pig farm is for when i retire,

yes im from farming stock in the uk my mum still has a farm, it was a natual thing for me to get into,

and as for a work permit as the cleaver poster stated,, its my wifes farm,,,

i really cant believe the attitude of some posters on here, they are allways ready to knock anyone who wants to try something,

there is good money in pigs,

just some of you cant get your ass out the bar to see what is on offer here in thailand, looking through your beer glasses you will never see thailand,

you will be sitting in the bar when your number gets called or when you run out of money,or the exchange rate get to bad you have to go home,

dont knock others for giving it a go,

some of us are very happy with our lifes here in thailand, just because we dont shout it from the roof tops,

PigeonJake,

I see exactly where you are coming from.

I am investing small amounts of money in the Thai girl's farm in Issan for the long term.

The Thai girl works in Bangkok and she sends money back every month for the up bringing of her children and the child of her brother.

Her family live in a house in the village and have farm land of 20 + rai about 1.5 kms away.

However, her family had been renting there farm land out (20+ rai) because they could not afford to buy seed, get a contract tractor in and pay labour when required.

The Thai girl and myself decided to rather than rent it, see if we could make it bring in more than the 5,000 bt per year rent her family was receiving.

I paid about 16,000 bt for 6 rai of sugar cane to be planted. That was sold still in the ground part grown for 45,000 bt. in the first year. That should give another two years of crop (second crop can be sold any time now).

I was impressed because the Thai's mother wanted to give me my 16,000 bt back plus half the profit.

I just told them to use that money to plant the rice crop (jasmin and sticky rice) on about 7 rai.

They grew the rice and that was used to feed the family and the rest sold (no pressure to sell as no agriculture loans) or given to poorer families in the village.

18 months ago I bought a cow with its three week old calf for 30,000 bt. The mother cow has now had its second calf. We have had no costs keeping those cows except the 1,000 bt for the hire of a mating bull.

This year the family has had no need for me to put money into the rice harvest as that is now self funded and also the family still have now 8 rai of Sugar Cane to sell.

I had built a simple farm building (70 mtr sq) that I designed that we will use to keep the cows in (cost just under 100,000 bt) as the herd gets bigger. I had this built to make it flexible for anything in the future (even can be converted into a house).

post-156308-0-74862200-1434086154_thumb.

Two weeks ago, I invested 10,000 bt into a Honda water pump and pipes that cost 12,000 bt. This will be used for pumping water to the fields and draining rice field into the ponds when necessary.

Like you; Pigeon Jake, I live in the UK. The money I am investing is not a great deal to a single guy like myself working in the UK. However, the farm is now producing rice for the family, fruit from the trees and a few vegetables and cash from the sale of the sugar cane and the three cows have marketable value.

My next investment will be a chicken house and 40 plus chickens for eggs and meat.

I am looking at this farm long term and intend to purchase farm land to add to it (when it come up at the right price).

I spend very little time at the moment at the farm (maybe 3 weeks per annum) because the Thai girl lives and works in Bangkok. But the intentions are to move to live on the farm on a permanent basis later.

Pigeon Jake, I actually think that self sufficiency is the future because looking at the UK; I see everyone ending up on minimum wage and the UK state pension will be "means tested" and more than likely private pension investments robbed by the financial markets and skint governments (watch what will happen to Greece in the coming months).

What I am trying to say is that there is the possibility to farm in Thailand and make a living and give you a lifestyle but I would not say it is an investment giving a return for a farang back in the west.

• 1 month later...

The best school is "learning by doing" But not start with 500000 Bath. 50000 Bath should be enough.

Start with a small pighouse for 10 pigs. After a while you will get a feeling about the work or not. Also the girlfriend will see if she have a hand for this or not.

Make one step after one step.

When the pigs are 80 kg try to sell them and yoy will see how it is about the buyers.

Enough customer for the 10 pigs or not? Next step.

did you get the pigs ????

yea she got them, her mums in process of transporting them back to sakon nakon now, she bought 1000 piglets allready. fingers crossed. i only gave her 500.000 baht to start .

so fingers crossed. and i trust her now because we marry soon.

did you get the pigs ????

yea she got them, her mums in process of transporting them back to sakon nakon now, she bought 1000 piglets allready. fingers crossed. i only gave her 500.000 baht to start .

so fingers crossed. and i trust her now because we marry soon.

wow, 1000 piglets will keep em busy .. thats for sure.

Anyway, well done and i'm sure if she manages correctly it will work.

A friend of mine had the same near khon kean, he said it's a matter of managing to keep costs down and recycle all you can to supplement pig feed .. like fish waste & corn waste & sugar cane etc...

well done... and you better start getting used to 5.00am starts, wet sloppy mud and have plenty of rubber boots on hand. w00t.gif

1000 piglets at one time,,,,

never in a month of sundays,

if she got them at a good price, say 1000bht each, thats a million,

i would be strugling big time to find a piglet supplier who could get me 1000 piglets in one go,

so right you have these 1000 piglets,, have you any idea how much food they are going to eat?

when you have finnished raising them, who is going to buy 1000 100kilo pigs,, talk about flood the bloody market, youll sink it,,,

1000 piglets,,cheesy.gif

im still laughing at the cost of feeding them, just the starter feed will be 2 million 160,000, thats just the starter feed,

the next feed will cost 1million 138,000

the finnishing feed 510,000 and that at cut cost prices,,,

so if i might ask, you have given her 500,000, who is going to give them the next 4 million,

the cost of medication for these 1000 pigs, wormer once a month, antibiotics should they get a cough, or if you have to bring a vet in,

god talk about jumping in feet first,,

a 1000 piglets

Archived