Credit Card

Minburi

Anyone else have this happen to them?

We booked a hotel for us and some friends visiting from Canada but they the friends cancelled a few days later so I went back and cancelled the booking and did the refund for the credit card.

First thing the tour company says is that it will take 15 days to refund the payment from the visa. Fine I can live with that even though they took the money off like with in a day from my card so why not return it as quick but mai pen rai right.

Well 25 days later I check and still no refund so we go back and the tour company says that they can not refund to an offshore credit card and they will write me a check for the amount I paid in 12 days. So on the friday they call and say that the check will be ready but they can not give it to me they have to deposit it in to a Thai account(grrrr and a slight groan) O.k so we give them my wife and my Thai bank account number(wifes very trusting me thinks) and they say we will deposit it on monday morning. The check was put in monday at 5 P.m but that is still morning some where right. what a hassle. :o

I strikes me they may have broken the credit company rules, I’m quite sure that cash refunds (in cash of cheque) are a breach of the credit agreements Credit Card companies use.

Nevertheless, count your blessings that you actually got your money back.