What would you do ?

Nakonamath

Why are so so many posters in here god dam permistic?.....starts with a few read it a few times then these guys belive every god dam cop is on the take.

Dont matter where in the world you live you can either report it to the police or move house, if you report it you could suffer possible retribution and since you have a family you will need to concider them.

Take mongandave" advice, move FAR and report it a couple of months after you move your lucky ur renting cause you wouldnt be able to sell the place with that going on.

when the music have been playing untill 03-04, but they are smooth and have an excuse.

Solution - you start playing your music at around 07:00/08:00 am preferably something in AC/DC or similar at full tilt with the speakers pointing in their direction...wink.png.pagespeed.ce.HJgPQ3U3SA8eASoOck they will get the message, it works

Acca Dacca,i'm there, and will bring beer and mobs of Ozzys with me.You buy the beer and we may go and have a punt as well and see what happens.Ozzys and Thais on the piss,bound to be fun.We can sleep on your floor for a week or two but then we have to go back to Phuket.Rock and Roll aint Noise Pollution.

• Like 2

when the music have been playing untill 03-04, but they are smooth and have an excuse.

Solution - you start playing your music at around 07:00/08:00 am preferably something in AC/DC or similar at full tilt with the speakers pointing in their direction...wink.png.pagespeed.ce.HJgPQ3U3SA8eASoOck they will get the message, it works

What an idiotic reply.

Methinks little Soutpeel knows nothing about Thai culture. I very much doubt he speaks Thai, either.

You think too much and know very little then, other that proving categorically your a half wit...thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me when i was renting a house in pattaya(adjoined townhouse type neighborhood), nice family lived next door but then the parents business improved so they moved to a better house and left the teenagers in the next door house alone!

w00t.gif

I think they were mostly over 18 so i guess that's why it was allowed, and there were some attractive girls hanging around there as the family had 2 pretty daughters to start with and 2 or 3 sons..

I was like wow, these kids got it good, they always had their friends over and they would trip-out motorbikes and drink beer and make some noise, but the noise wasn't too bad and i kinda took an interest in the motorbikes as i though maybe i could learn something on how to work on motorbikes-i had to admit the work they were doing on them was pretty good, they would make like these pyramids of beer cans and hang out outside alot so there was like a party going on over there.. but the bad thing is the place stated to smell like auto service center, like this dirty oil smell, or gasoline smell,the house didn't even have a garage they would just work on the bikes on the front patio.. one day the mom returned and asked me if the kids were a disturbances and i was like " well..whistling.gif you know kids will be kids, i guess, whatever, its not great but i guess if the Thai people on this street can deal with it so can i..can you afford not to sell it like that?" she said they were trying to sell it but no one wanted it unless for a lowball price.. i was like "well..yea, i mean you might fix it up a little" (the rest of the street looked like shit) a few months later the brats were gone and some quite, finally found a buyer from their people i guess..

The it got worse again when a late night outdoor karaoke place opened nearby and would make noise ALL night, until 4am atleast, and the noise was much worse i contacted the police a few times to report that they were opening way past the 2am legal limit if nothing else, police did nothing .. thats when i finally gave up and moved..

point is if your gonna live in cheap run down housing tracts because it's cheap.. your gonna get what you pay for...people don't complain about shit in poorer neighborhoods. its like that all over the world i guess..

• Like 1

This is actually a really F___d up thread- No! Not the OP, or the responders... the sorry state of affairs your in!

When I scroll through the responses I realize exactly how alone you really are with such a problem. You dont have any choices; not any good ones. A really varied cast of folks here have all said the same things to you. The problem you describe is so imaginable, so clear. Its even a shame you would have to equate your renting with a different value than their ownership, insofar has having rights to privacy, quiet, and a reasonable life. Brother, what a really shitty situation you are in. Your options are brutally clear based on a really good cross section of wisdom postings above. I wish you good luck and hope I dont have such a situation. As others have said, it is really quite difficult to see where this works out well for you.

agree agree

we lived here for 4-5 years and we know everyone around here, good place for living

i prefer staying, and not get in a "bar-fight"

plan is now, to take a small but serious meeting with them, when they are alone, and ask if it is a permanent thing that is going on, or if it is just a few months more, i, am easy, and i make noise too, i yell at the kids, and drill the wall at strange times, but if this is their new income, 5-6 day aweek then we simply cant stay.

I dont feel unsafe or anything we eat together now and then, help each other, share the internet stuff like that, but its just a fact that im not too interested in feeling trapped indoor, or think of staying out all day, so i come home when we close the curtains anyway.

I like to walk around in my boxers, but when there are 5 people sitting on the motorcycles outside our fence looking in, then its getting strange he he he

moving is the last resort, but i will not go to the police, that is not going to help me at all, i also have no interest in harming them in any way, i just want a peacefull life, thats all.

im not rich as everyone else, so i cant rent a super deluxe fortress somewhere, my budget is limited, and the place we have now is super duper, or it was....

J

• Like 1

You are lucky in one respect ..... you don't own the place .... that would have made things ten times worse ...

Should i hold out, and hope it will stop eventually,
Should i complain

or should we <deleted> off to another place ?

What would you do ?

Answer = Move .... it's the only way you will win with this !! wai2.gif

This is actually a really F___d up thread- No! Not the OP, or the responders... the sorry state of affairs your in!

When I scroll through the responses I realize exactly how alone you really are with such a problem. You dont have any choices; not any good ones. A really varied cast of folks here have all said the same things to you. The problem you describe is so imaginable, so clear. Its even a shame you would have to equate your renting with a different value than their ownership, insofar has having rights to privacy, quiet, and a reasonable life. Brother, what a really shitty situation you are in. Your options are brutally clear based on a really good cross section of wisdom postings above. I wish you good luck and hope I dont have such a situation. As others have said, it is really quite difficult to see where this works out well for you.

agree agree

we lived here for 4-5 years and we know everyone around here, good place for living

plan is now, to take a small but serious meeting with them, when they are alone, and ask if it is a permanent thing that is going on, or if it is just a few months more, i, am easy, and i make noise too, i yell at the kids, and drill the wall at strange times, but if this is their new income, 5-6 day aweek then we simply cant stay.

I dont feel unsafe or anything we eat together now and then, help each other, share the internet stuff like that, but its just a fact that im not too interested in feeling trapped indoor, or think of staying out all day, so i come home when we close the curtains anyway.

I like to walk around in my boxers, but when there are 5 people sitting on the motorcycles outside our fence looking in, then its getting strange he he he

moving is the last resort, but i will not go to the police, that is not going to help me at all, i also have no interest in harming them in any way, i just want a peacefull life, thats all.

&nbsp;

im not rich as everyone else, so i cant rent a super deluxe fortress somewhere, my budget is limited, and the place we have now is super duper, or it was....

J

J, just read your last post ... and just wanted to add something.

plan is now, to take a small but serious meeting with them, when they are alone, and ask if it is a permanent thing that is going on, or if it is just a few months more,

wrong idea ... think about it ... you go sit with them to ask them how long is there gambling den going to run for ... lol

you think h's going to say .. oh ' sorry, just a few weeks or just a couple of months .. ?

forget the talk and leave as friends ... just think about what your idea is ?? it won't do nothing IMO.

wai2.gif

Sad to say this,, as I'm NOT one to back down in a situation when I know I'm right,,, But move,,, you CAN complain to the BIB,,, but as many on here have already stated,,, They already know about it I'd BET!,,,, and you'll STILL end up having to move!,,,, save yourself the risk of getting shot, house robbed when out, tires slashed, etc, etc, etc,,,,

Jesper,

You have the right idea.

If you have a reasonable relationship with them then talk first - explain what you are concerned about.

If you need access to your driveway at nights - put chairs or something else sturdy to block cars from parking there.

If you don't need access but it pisses you off - get used to it, it is normal for Thais to park wherever they want.

I live in a small village in Buriram - the neighbours opened a general store that also sells noodles.

Every day we have cars/motorcycles parked in our driveway and rubbish everywhere.

I just go out each morning and pick up the rubbish and if I need to get the car out I just ask.

I could complain about the rubbish and the blocking my driveway but what would I achieve ?

The majority of Thais in my village don't care about rubbish so what will I do by complaining - alienating the rest of the village with my farang ideas of cleanliness.

Good luck with your problems (I spent 2 years living in Bangsaen Beach and loved it)

Cheers,

BB

• Like 1

I have to agree with many others, that to move is the only sure fire solution, though it's a big compromise.

If I were to complain, I would do it in a *very* non confrontational way (maybe take a present), and I wouldn't mention the gambling, just ask if it would be possible to turn the music a little lower after midnight or something so the kids can at least get a bit of sleep before school, to see if there's any response there. If there is no response then stronger measures will probably backfire.

If I were to take counter measures, it would be something like an earlier poster mentioned about their speakers/cabling. I'm not expert in that area, but curious to know if a discreet microphone on the fence could be used to collect their sound and give it back to them, possibly over driving the speakers. Also with the rubbish "give back to Caeasar what belongs to Caesar". Maybe even buy them a bin and ashtray, since they're not courting Chinese tourists.

Last case, EMP device as you make out of the village like a bandit (not a serious suggestion - completely illegal I'm sure).

Still, a move looks like the least risky solution.

In my opinion (and experience), it seems like your third option, "should we <deleted> off to another place", is the only logical solution – of course you can wait a little while and see if the backyard bar/gambling den continue for good...

What an idiotic reply.

Methinks little Soutpeel knows nothing about Thai culture. I very much doubt he speaks Thai, either.

That said, i have thought of, making my own noise, but plan was not to get in a fight he he he also i dont think it solve a thing

agree agree

&nbsp;

J

J, just read your last post ... and just wanted to add something.

plan is now, to take a small but serious meeting with them, when they are alone, and ask if it is a permanent thing that is going on, or if it is just a few months more,

wrong idea ... think about it ... you go sit with them to ask them how long is there gambling den going to run for ... lol

you think h's going to say .. oh ' sorry, just a few weeks or just a couple of months .. ?

forget the talk and leave as friends ... just think about what your idea is ?? it won't do nothing IMO.

wai2.gif

i would send my wife, i wouldent go my self, but i dont think its a crime to ask, if they plan on having a bar in the backyard for the next 10years, If so, then i can just aswell move now.

As said, we have a good relationship with our neighbours. i dont think it will harm to get an answer.

it will not change anything, they are not going to shut their things down, because i ask, and that is my job to play police and tell them what they should and shouldent, but with information, i can make my decision, i think that is the best way.

i wouldent just move, we have lived here in this house for around 5Y and its full of, what ever you gather in 5Y :-) its not just a 1 room studio that can fit in a truck.

J

In my opinion (and experience), it seems like your third option, "should we <deleted> off to another place", is the only logical solution – of course you can wait a little while and see if the backyard bar/gambling den continue for good...

Yes will try ask them soon what the long term plan is for their business.

i can accept if they need to keep it for a while because whatever reason.

J

• Like 1

What an idiotic reply.

That said, i have thought of, making my own noise, but plan was not to get in a fight he he he also i dont think it solve a thing

why would you get into a fight...your neighbors think its perfectly acceptable to have music blaring every night until the early hours of the morning, so why is it unacceptable for you to play your music during day light hours ?

just be smooth and have an excuse

• Like 1

Jesper,

You have the right idea.

If you have a reasonable relationship with them then talk first - explain what you are concerned about.

If you need access to your driveway at nights - put chairs or something else sturdy to block cars from parking there.

If you don't need access but it pisses you off - get used to it, it is normal for Thais to park wherever they want.

I live in a small village in Buriram - the neighbours opened a general store that also sells noodles.

Every day we have cars/motorcycles parked in our driveway and rubbish everywhere.

I just go out each morning and pick up the rubbish and if I need to get the car out I just ask.

I could complain about the rubbish and the blocking my driveway but what would I achieve ?

The majority of Thais in my village don't care about rubbish so what will I do by complaining - alienating the rest of the village with my farang ideas of cleanliness.

Good luck with your problems (I spent 2 years living in Bangsaen Beach and loved it)

Cheers,

BB

Yup i totally agree, i also collect their shit, i dont whine about it. it have been like this for 6 months now, i had hoped it would stop again, but it is growing instead

We make a mess ourselfs, we have 2 kids that are noisy ect.

Always need to be a little openminded against others ofcourse, and i think im am in general quite reasonable.

i would just love, they maybe educated their customers abit on parking on the designated parking spaces, instead of the entrance to them, would make things more easy :-)

And i love Bangsaen, i would find other place same area if moving.

J

If you rent then about all you can do is complain to the landlord that you will be forced to move as you can’t sleep. Landlord can complain as she was there before the gambling den moved in and is effecting her business. As a general rule the people that were there first have priority however, the longer they are allowed to get established the harder it will be to remove them. BTW - If you tell the police they will tell the people operating the den and you could be in danger. If it were me, I’d start looing for a new place asap.

Why do people always assume the "authorities know about it" or "the authorities are allowing it in the first place"?

It's a village, I doubt the "authorities" even know it exists.

I lived in a small village in Phitsanulok for a year. There is a village telegraph in every village its called gossip. They knew more about my business than I did. Yes tranquility can turn upside down at a moments notice in Thailand. Never buy here always be ready to fold up your tent and move on. Have a Nomadic mentality forget roots. Here its every man for himself and Thai's make a baht wherever they can. Its called surviving.

Yes i am abit reluctant to buy house/Land, we own a condo, and i couldent care less what others do, because there is a door between :-)

J

I actually had exactly the same thing happen to me. We went down the investigative route first, turned out the owner of the house being used was a Cop ! so useless complaining, we moved, luckily we were renting too and were able to do that. If I had bought the place I would be a real sick parrot as its still going on there to this day, and that was 8 years ago !!

Pack up, ship out, tell the landlord why, best of luck in your new place.

I too had a similar problem about three years ago, well before the coup, with one of my neighbours. They built a secret casino room inside their house. The noise was terrible.

We live in a Tamboon, under an Amphur in a Changwat. That's sub-district => town => province. My wife and a few other neighbors reported it to the police at the provincial level (no army involved as this was pre-coup) and after about a week the plain clothed police started hanging out right in front of their house wearing white T-shirts, walkie talkies, and shiny black boots. Within a short period their gambling den was closed.

The OP may not have to move.

Edited by 96tehtarp
  • Like 1

Same thing happened to me when i was renting a house in pattaya(adjoined townhouse type neighborhood), nice family lived next door but then the parents business improved so they moved to a better house and left the teenagers in the next door house alone!

w00t.gif

I think they were mostly over 18 so i guess that's why it was allowed, and there were some attractive girls hanging around there as the family had 2 pretty daughters to start with and 2 or 3 sons..

I was like wow, these kids got it good, they always had their friends over and they would trip-out motorbikes and drink beer and make some noise, but the noise wasn't too bad and i kinda took an interest in the motorbikes as i though maybe i could learn something on how to work on motorbikes-i had to admit the work they were doing on them was pretty good, they would make like these pyramids of beer cans and hang out outside alot so there was like a party going on over there.. but the bad thing is the place stated to smell like auto service center, like this dirty oil smell, or gasoline smell,the house didn't even have a garage they would just work on the bikes on the front patio.. one day the mom returned and asked me if the kids were a disturbances and i was like " well..whistling.gif you know kids will be kids, i guess, whatever, its not great but i guess if the Thai people on this street can deal with it so can i..can you afford not to sell it like that?" she said they were trying to sell it but no one wanted it unless for a lowball price.. i was like "well..yea, i mean you might fix it up a little" (the rest of the street looked like shit) a few months later the brats were gone and some quite, finally found a buyer from their people i guess..

The it got worse again when a late night outdoor karaoke place opened nearby and would make noise ALL night, until 4am atleast, and the noise was much worse i contacted the police a few times to report that they were opening way past the 2am legal limit if nothing else, police did nothing .. thats when i finally gave up and moved..

point is if your gonna live in cheap run down housing tracts because it's cheap.. your gonna get what you pay for...people don't complain about shit in poorer neighborhoods. its like that all over the world i guess..

I totally agree, cant expect everything for the half, however the village we live in, is nice and tidy, engrande guard, security camera, last house was finished last year, everything looks Not too Thai. it is cheap though. alternatives i can find is twice the price sadly

J

When you chose to live in Thailand you also chose, as a foreigner, never to have equal rights. This is a time to accept this. You are fortunate in that you rent the property and not own it, imagine the hassle of having to stay put until you found a buyer. Even if you find a way to make the entire mess stop I doubt the Thais could find a way to overcome their primitive urges of retribution - it's the way they are but you already know that. It's time to move.