Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I wish that my one would turn up. Am now down to a 20 year old Maxda and have a guest and we are off to Kanch for 4 days. Think it's the hire shop tomorrow. Ford have let me down. Still it's worth waiting for.

Edited by JAS21

See in the news today that Ford are going to build a second plant in Rayong to make the Everest and Ranger for the SE Asia Markets. Might finally get supply caught up with demand....

Also in the news today is that the Ranger will go on sale in the USA in 2018, with the Everest following in 2020, but likely rebadged as the Bronco.

Well I wish that my one would turn up. Am now down to a 20 year old Maxda and have a guest and we are off to Kanch for 4 days. Think it's the hire shop tomorrow. Ford have let me down. Still it's worth waiting for.

Maybe that Pattaya reviewer got yours? He drove a white T+...... :P

Just picked up my new 2015 Ford Everest and giving up my 2012 Everest.

It is like day and night the difference between the two vehicles.

Only issue with the new one (and they did not tell me this until after the fact) that the SYNC nav system is not available here in Thailand.

System comes with a SD card slot and I am wondering if I can try to install a after market nav system via the SD card to add the Nav capability.

As would be expected Ford dealer is no help at all.

The Myths and Legends of Thaivisa.

1. JAS21 will take delivery of his white T+ this year.

2. CQ will buy a decent car / bike.

JAS have you ordered the turkey yet? It may prove as difficult to get as the T+ :(

Only issue with the new one (and they did not tell me this until after the fact) that the SYNC nav system is not available here in Thailand.

System comes with a SD card slot and I am wondering if I can try to install a after market nav system via the SD card to add the Nav capability.

At this stage there's no simple "plugin" maps solution.

There are several aftermarket options available that integrate with the main LCD screen (but not the LCD's flanking the speedo) for under 30K, with GPS, video and phone mirrorlink support.

There are rumors that Ford is working on a GPS solution (as well as Thai character support for the SYNC2 system), but nothing concrete yet.

From the department of leaky secrets.....

With next year's excise tax changes, Ford will be adding a few new features to the top-spec Titanium+ variant for MY16, as 'sweeteners' for the anticipated 100-150K price increase:

* Adaptive cruise control

* Forward collision mitigation

* Lane keeping assist

* Automatic high beam control

* Driver alertness monitoring

Variants in the following exterior colors will now also get all-black interiors:

* Cool white

* Aluminium Silver

* Sparkling Gold

While these exterior colors will retain the existing black+cream interior color scheme:

* Black Mica

* Sunset Orange

* Reflex Blue

Word is that Ford will also introduce a new variant that sits below the 2.2L Titanium - most probably a "Trend" model with the major change being cloth seats.

For the second one down read as .The thing that leaves a space Tuna Man fills in seconds. Turn it off.

You can adjust the follow distance with Ford's adaptive cruise - but yes, the default when you first engage leaves way too much space in front for Thailand.

Side note: adaptive cruise also comes with a heads-up display.

The forward collision system only stops you from tailgating ;)

Edited by IMHO

All good but I would be surprised if these gadgets are that useful in LOS. More importantly are Ford gonna make any T+ available in Thailand for JAS and anyone else to actually take delivery ?

Edited by Jitar

All good but I would be surprised if these gadgets are that useful in LOS. More importantly are Ford gonna make any T+ available in Thailand for JAS and anyone else to actually take delivery ?

Adaptive cruise would be nice. I've never back-ended anyone, so don't put much value into collision mitigation, but would take it if it's there. Things like lane keeping assist will probably end up being a PITA you have to disable all the time anyway in Thailand (not too many road markings for it to follow), and the high-beam / driver fatigue bits I have to say I'm non-plussed about. Especially the high beam control - how do you give a recalcitrant approach driver some of their own medicine? :P

If I had the option to pay 100K-150K extra for them now, I'd say no thanks tongue.png

Buyer's next year have no choice to pay more though, so good for them I guess.

As for JAS21's mythical EVT+ *shrug* - if it were me I'd be running out of patience, so kudos to him.

Edited by IMHO

For the second one down read as .The thing that leaves a space Tuna Man fills in seconds. Turn it off.

You can adjust the follow distance with Ford's adaptive cruise - but yes, the default when you first engage leaves way too much space in front for Thailand.

Side note: adaptive cruise also comes with a heads-up display.

The forward collision system only stops you from tailgating ;)

...All true ,but as with the S class I borrowed ,and the wife's Coupe I don't like to alter settings. I only hit Sportsmode,the limit of my understanding.[emoji609][emoji106]

Yes ...wish I had it now ... just arrived in Phu Tub Berg ...climbing the hills in the bendy road the water high temp alarm fleeted on the Fiesta Ecoboost ... I'm beginning to think it's a load of .....

If it's any consolation, I've had overheated AT's on several brands of car after a well loaded and spirited hill climb.

And the new Revo/Tuna like to show low oil warnings on hill climbs too.

Yes ...wish I had it now ... just arrived in Phu Tub Berg ...climbing the hills in the bendy road the water high temp alarm fleeted on the Fiesta Ecoboost ... I'm beginning to think it's a load of .....

If it's any consolation, I've had overheated AT's on several brands of car after a well loaded and spirited hill climb.

And the new Revo/Tuna like to show low oil warnings on hill climbs too.

Couple of months, we were informed by T as one of their main suppliers that there would be a silent recall fixing these issues with the REVO. Not sure it went through or not.

Also recall for i-stop.

Witnessed my first (really) ugly Everest T+ the other day between the Chaiaypoonwithi (water works) and Sukhumvit-Pattaya Soi 15 crossings, northbound on the Pattaya railway track roads. It stopped at the market at the corner of the Soi 15 junction, next to the 7-eleven.*

White, red-plated with hideous additional plastichrome bling all over and pointless BLACK wheel arch flares while still sporting the original tires and rims. It really hurt my eyes so much I had to pull over.

* The specificity of the location is so that the owner, if a TV member, can post an apology for the senseless 'Tunarising' of an otherwise very decent SUV.

Yeah those wheel arches are something else... I guess guys go out and buy wheels with the totally wrong offset, then try to band-aid fix the ugliness of wheels that stick 2" out of the car body with these:

http://www.lovebodykits.com/product-inside.php?product_id=633&sub_category_id=133&category_id=5

I can only imagine what the Ford design team think when they see photos like this.

You know what they say... you can get the guy out of the Fortuner, but you can't get the Fortuner out of the guy :P

Edited by IMHO

Yeah those wheel arches are something else... I guess guys go out and buy wheels with the totally wrong offset, then try to band-aid fix the ugliness of wheels that stick 2" out of the car body with these:

http://www.lovebodykits.com/product-inside.php?product_id=633&sub_category_id=133&category_id=5

I can only imagine what the Ford design team think when they see photos like this.

You know what they say... you can get the guy out of the Fortuner, but you can't get the Fortuner out of the guy tongue.png

On the other hand, the guys at Toyota thought "hey man awesome design from those guys. Let's stick it on the TRD version of the Revo".

http://www.carrecent.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Toyota-Revo-TRD3.jpg

At this stage there's no simple "plugin" maps solution.

There are several aftermarket options available that integrate with the main LCD screen (but not the LCD's flanking the speedo) for under 30K, with GPS, video and phone mirrorlink support.

There are rumors that Ford is working on a GPS solution (as well as Thai character support for the SYNC2 system), but nothing concrete yet.

Here's a video showing one of the better aftermarket solutions:

This one integrates with the touch screen / SYNC much better than some others.