Witness of 2010 temple crackdown deaths 'abducted by military'

webfact

Sorry, but there were tens of thousands of witnesses to this event. Its actually not too hard to determine what happened. Its just hard for some to admit it.

Tens of thousands?

The latest trend in urban anti-guerilla warfare. Form in column and march forward. Impress and frighten the opponent with numbers and a monotone drum play and frequent shouts of "vive l'empereur". Step over shot and fallen comrades and march on to glory.

Anyway, the final day may have had 2,000 to 5,000 soldiers active in the Radchaprasong crackdown.

Rather than blank out my mistake, let me just acknowledge I made a mistake. I read 'tens of thousands of soldiers', but actually 'tens of thousands of witnesses' was written. Embarrassing, somewhat.

Anyway, it's difficult to guestimate the number of witnesses and the limit to what they saw and didn't see. I still don't think anyone witnessed who dumped a grenade on vanderGrift and a few soldiers. Nearby reporters and journalist did witness the effect though. Same with people dropping, see them drop, but don't see who shot.

Of course between sunset and sunrise no real witnesses except does involved. As some reporters wrote, the militants mostly emerged in the night.

Considering there wasn't even tens of thousands of protesters there in the last days, I doubt there were tens of thousands of witnesses to anything.

"the military may detain individuals without charges for up to seven days"

She was arrested on the 11th of March meaning it is only 5 days so far. Would one not wait until the 8th day to start talking about abductions and disappearances?

This is the most obvious form of ​editorial bias in mass media that I have ever seen so far post May 22nd. They really are stretching more than a "Fitness First" fanatic to make up some dirt on the Junta. The news story is simply over-hyped to increase readership numbers ergo it is a sensationist story and the red apologists are salivating and clawing at the propaganda like a blooded pit bull on yaba.

All they have done is inadvertently shown the Junta to offer some semblance of freedom of speech by allowing this article to be published in the first place.

It is akin to a news story headlining "Man kept in jail for 6 years and the government refuse to free him" Never mind that he had a 7 year non parole sentence!!

Oh Khaosod. You really are going down hill yet the gullible are gobbling it right up.

Edited by djjamie

She was arrested on the 11th of March meaning it is only 5 days so far. Would one not wait until the 8th day to start talking about abductions and disappearances?

This is the most obvious form of ​editorial bias in mass media that I have ever seen so far post May 22nd. They really are stretching to make up some dirt on the Junta. The news story is simply over-hyped to increase readership numbers ergo it is a sensationist story and the red apologists are salivating and clawing at the propaganda like a blooded pit bull on yaba.

All they have done is inadvertently shown the Junta to offer some semblance of freedom of speech by allowing this article to be published in the first place.

It is akin to a news story headlining "Man kept in jail for 6 years and the government refuse to free him" Never mind that he had a 7 year non parole sentence!!

Oh Khaosod. You really are going down hill.

Why would a witness need to be detained? Wait, I know it, for an attitude adjustment.

Bet when the court case proceeds, she has forgotten everything she has witnessed.

• Like 1

She is for her free speech attitude adjustment, by the people who claim to return Thailand to a democracy bah.gif

Oh?

You appear to know more than the reporter.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out .

It will be indeed interesting.

I stopped at this point in the thread as I can see the way it is going..

This is the part that really intrigued me.

According to her cousin, Nattathida received a phone call from men who said they 
wanted to visit her home and discuss a possible land purchase.

Interesting new way to apprehend a suspect call them up and give them a dummy line and ask for permission to come out and visit her.

Sounds like there is a little room in there for non military or non police to show up. At any rate if it is a reality they have two more days to charge her or release her.

• Like 1

This is the most obvious form of ​editorial bias in mass media that I have ever seen so far post May 22nd. They really are stretching to make up some dirt on the Junta. The news story is simply over-hyped to increase readership numbers ergo it is a sensationist story and the red apologists are salivating and clawing at the propaganda like a blooded pit bull on yaba.

Why would a witness need to be detained? Wait, I know it, for an attitude adjustment.

Bet when the court case proceeds, she has forgotten everything she has witnessed.

Again, a logical fallacy.

• Like 1

This is the most obvious form of ​editorial bias in mass media that I have ever seen so far post May 22nd. They really are stretching more than a "Fitness First" fanatic to make up some dirt on the Junta. The news story is simply over-hyped to increase readership numbers ergo it is a sensationist story and the red apologists are salivating and clawing at the propaganda like a blooded pit bull on yaba.

Oh Khaosod. You really are going down hill yet the gullible are gobbling it right up.

Your beloved Junta are pushing for the ability to detain, without charge, for 84 days.

Fantastic dystopia you champion here.

Out of curiosity, how long can the Australian military detain Australian citizens without charge or legal representation? And if it is different than Thailand, in your humble opinion, whose system is right and whose is wrong?

Also out of curiosity, if your wife were to disappear at the armies hands, would your reaction be to sit back and do nothing for a week (soon to be 12 weeks) as you are proposing the friends and family of this individual to do? Are you a hypocrite?

Any chance of putting your other oar in the water and reposting. What has Australia or any other country got to do with it?

They have two more days before it becomes an issue. If and when it becomes an issue it will be a Thai issue.

Your beloved Junta are pushing for the ability to detain, without charge, for 84 days.

Out of curiosity, how long can the Australian military detain Australian citizens without charge or legal representation? And if it is different than Thailand, in your humble opinion, whose system is right and whose is wrong?

Also out of curiosity, if your wife were to disappear at the armies hands, would your reaction be to sit back and do nothing for a week (soon to be 12 weeks) as you are proposing the friends and family of this individual to do? Are you a hypocrite?

Any chance of putting your other oar in the water and reposting. What has Australia or any other country got to do with it?

They have two more days before it becomes an issue. If and when it becomes an issue it will be a Thai issue.

If it is a Thai issue why do you post anything at all here? It's all Thai issues on THAIvisa.

The reason I raise Australia is to raise the hypocrisy of a few here who champion despicable policies and ideologies in Thailand but not for their own countries.

• Like 2

Again, a logical fallacy.

Why, because you say so?

And may I ask why you consider yourself to know everything better than anyone else on this forum.

I bet you're on ignore with the majority of posters, since I see nobody bother to reply to your posts in most threads.

If it is a Thai issue why do you post anything at all here? It's all Thai issues on THAIvisa.

The reason I raise Australia is to raise the hypocrisy of a few here who champion despicable policies and ideologies in Thailand but not for their own countries.

Now, now, cool down. The fact that you think some policies or ideologies are despicable doesn't mean they are. Would you accept a statement by the 'great' North Korean leader that some countries, like Australia for instance, have despicable policies and ideologies? As 'elected' Head of state he'd be in a better position to judge than you, don't you think ?

Anyway, all this doesn't help the witness who may have been abducted, allegedly by army personel and maybe by others. On the other hand she might be on the run to apply for asylum somewhere. Who knows.

Now, now, cool down. The fact that you think some policies or ideologies are despicable doesn't mean they are. Would you accept a statement by the 'great' North Korean leader that some countries, like Australia for instance, have despicable policies and ideologies? As 'elected' Head of state he'd be in a better position to judge than you, don't you think ?

Anyway, all this doesn't help the witness who may have been abducted, allegedly by army personel and maybe by others. On the other hand she might be on the run to apply for asylum somewhere. Who knows.

The first half of your post makes no sense.

And what a system that can disappear a citizen for a week without question or explanation, do you think it a good one?

And what a system that can disappear a citizen for a week without question or explanation, do you think it a good one?

The first paragraph you don't agree with I would imagine. That's why stating not to understand is easier.

AS for your second sentence, you assume 'the system' disappeared a citizen. There's no proof of that. Allegedly the lady is abducted, allegedly by the military. as her relative said. That may or may not be true. That's bad, allegedly.

If it was the military they have the legal right under the Military Law. For two more days. If it wasn't the military than a crime seems to have been committed, assuming she was abducted.

PS I don't want to sound like a guardhouse lawyer, but when the lady voluntarily went with the alleged military strictly speaking she wasn't abducted. Mind you, by now she might be held by some against her will.

• Like 1

The first paragraph you don't agree with I would imagine. That's why stating not to understand is easier.

AS for your second sentence, you assume 'the system' disappeared a citizen. There's no proof of that. Allegedly the lady is abducted, allegedly by the military. as her relative said. That may or may not be true. That's bad, allegedly.

If it was the military they have the legal right under the Military Law. For two more days. If it wasn't the military than a crime seems to have been committed, assuming she was abducted.

PS I don't want to sound like a guardhouse lawyer, but when the lady voluntarily went with the alleged military strictly speaking she wasn't abducted. Mind you, by now she might be held by some against her will.

It's not that I don't agree with the first paragraph, it's that the first paragraph is indecipherable gibberish.

A young lady has been snatched away from her loved ones by the regime - where is your empathy?

Look what you have turned into.

Heartless and immoral - a perfect regime foot soldier.

this young innocent girl was there, she witnessed what went on

we also know what the army did - common knowledge - so no mystery

so what is missing and who would want to hide it - seems pretty simple to me

as for the family - I think they want their daughter back and have gained enough confidence in the present climate to actually bring it to someone's attention - the police need to get in there quick as I think this is a cry for help

where is the daughter ? there is much evil in this land, I hope I am wrong

the army had nothing to gain by removing her

• Like 2

as for the family - I think they want their daughter back and have gained enough confidence in the present climate to actually bring it to someone's attention - the police need to get in there quick as I think this is a cry for help

The army has yet to admit to what it did in 2010

Unelected, unaccountable military regimes tend to disappear people as they please for as long as they please for whatever reason they please.

And we are one step further down the road to becoming North Korea.

the army does not need to admit to what they did - it is common knowledge, so what are you going on about

I know who does need to admit to what they funded and did - the evil that lurks in the sand

The army has yet to admit to what it did in 2010

Unelected, unaccountable military regimes tend to disappear people as they please for as long as they please for whatever reason they please.

And we are one step further down the road to becoming North Korea.

the army does not need to admit to what they did - it is common knowledge, so what are you going on about

I know who does need to admit to what they funded and did - the evil that lurks in the sand

I've yet to see the headline where the military admits to slaughtering its own unarmed citizens.

"Evil" is a word that belongs only in the vocabulary of fundamentalist fanatics, your use of it gives us a clearer picture of the man you are.

Although I'm an apostate, I'll pray for her well-being.

She probably knows to much and could hurt the Junta, let's hope she is found safe and well. Edited by chooka

If she was abducted is a huge story and possibly a tragedy in the making. The murders at the temple were inexcusable and the people responsible have never been brought to justice.

you are right !

Thaksin have ordered from this red hordes to bring Thailand to such a messy dissorder !

And he still not brought to court !!

Yes you are right ! he still not senteced for this crimes to jail !!

I've yet to see the headline where the military admits to slaughtering its own unarmed citizens.

"Evil" is a word that belongs only in the vocabulary of fundamentalist fanatics, your use of it gives us a clearer picture of the man you are.

looks like you like the order and law we have in Syria and Irak !

Why dont you go there and shout around in front of ISIS !!

Than you know what is Junta , dictatorship !!

Why travel so far to see what I can see every Friday evening on TV.

Oh the happiness.

If she was abducted is a huge story and possibly a tragedy in the making. The murders at the temple were inexcusable and the people responsible have never been brought to justice.

you are right !

Thaksin have ordered from this red hordes to bring Thailand to such a messy dissorder !

Don't think the present bunch of rulers got balls big enough to go after him, must be enough evidence out there to charge him for treason against the state.

you are right !

Don't think the present bunch of rulers got balls big enough to go after him, must be enough evidence out there to charge him for treason against the state.

well if he ever has the ^alls to set his slimy foot on Thai soil again (never happen) and give his stolen billions back to the Thai people and beg on his hands and knees for forgiveness for the evil and death he has orchestrated in this country

you know what Thaksin even with all your billions you are the only human on the planet that cannot walk on the streets of Thailand ..........and you never will except in a jail where you belong - how is that margarita tasting by the pool in Dubai - very bitter I think lol

even my dog can walk on a Thai street - what happened to you

Edited by smedly
  • Like 2

A lot of hot air being blown about on this thread. Until the girl comes to light and tells of her experience no-one knows anything.

Assuming that she is still alive. She was taken by "military", the military is saying no we did not (but the military has done that before and they have also violated the law in regards to how long they can hold someone before -- but who is going to hold them accountable...). It could also be that she was taken into "military" but not aware to the top general, and it is possible she will never be seen again. In all cases, this can be blamed partially on martial law since they have set-up the process of being able to take people into custody without due process.... so even if it were a malicious third party, they are only exploiting the lack of due process itself.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Defending the indefensible

• Like 1