Food prices and clothes sizes.

Costas2008

As I am in an excellent mood today, I would like to have some rants on TVF.

Yesterday went with the wife to Tesco extra in Khon Kaen.

No, no, I’m not going to discuss about farangs turning their faces the other way when you say hello to them.

Got used to that by now, so let the buggers in their misery.

But as the wife was feeling hungry, (she always feels hungry), went to the food area to get something to eat.

Haven’t been there for some time now and I noticed that all the food prices have gone up by 20 to 25 Baht, while the food portions are exactly the same as before.

So, I was thinking, where are all these promises by our government of controlling the food prices in malls and supermarkets?

Or it’s just rhetoric’s for public consumption?

Second rant………as I was going through the supermarket noticed some nice shirts and thought of trying some as my old shirts started deteriorating.

As I am “well fed”, I tried the XL size, usually in Europe I buy Large size.

No way…..needed about an inch to button it.

Next tried the 2XL, again it seemed the buttons would burst open in a minute.

Ok, I thought they cater mostly for Thais, that are smaller than farangs, but I would think as they have a big farang clientele to try and cater also for us.

Surprised the UK partner hasn’t put this idea forward up to now.

Anyway, these are the 2 rants for today…….if I think of anything else, I’ll come back to you.

Have a nice day.

Must have been awhile between visits....at the TL here CM 108 haven't noticed a big price change at the foodcourt or portion change....

Maybe your shirt size has changed since you've started sporting moobs.....I'm a 2X or 3X in the US and if I can find anything here it's shaped like a pillowcase billowing out at the waist....Easier to just have shirts made....the big C/TL sizing is not farang friendly....(along with some of the farangs that can't seem to manage a nod or smile as they plod through life).....

• Like 1

Thailand is a country with a large population so it has it's standard size charts are indeed "tailored" to the manufacturer's statistics on Thai body sizes. But still there is a lot of variance in the markets. Especially if you buy from places that sell clothes originally made for export to the west. Thai people are indeed getting BIGGER and I think the Thai manufacturers have not caught up with this trend.

• Like 1

i think the prices in the food halls have steadily been rising for a while.

i have my shirts made, fairly cheaply, can choose the design, with without pockets, square cut at the bottom, or tailed, look for some nice material and bob's your uncle.

• Like 1

Food court prices in malls have been high for a while now, well before the military government. Dishes at food courts are about 10-20 baht more expensive than on the street or in a small restaurant.

Thai t-shirt sizes have always been smaller than the ones back home. Always gotta try a shirt on first here.

• Like 1

Must have been awhile between visits....at the TL here CM 108 haven't noticed a big price change at the foodcourt or portion change....

Maybe your shirt size has changed since you've started sporting moobs.....I'm a 2X or 3X in the US and if I can find anything here it's shaped like a pillowcase billowing out at the waist....Easier to just have shirts made....the big C/TL sizing is not farang friendly....(along with some of the farangs that can't seem to manage a nod or smile as they plod through life).....

I have noticed a price increase in the food court. Not 20-25 baht but 5-10. I have noticed a decrease in quality though.

I have been losing weight so clothes are not a problem.

• Like 1