Toothfish poaching vessel detained in Phuket - Sea Shepherd

webfact

They have every right to do what they are going, and they are going to keep doing it!!! Go Sea Shepherd, and to all reading this, please support them. We can stop this madness if people start to care, and take action. If the Oceans Die, We All Die ==> Credit to Paul Watson!!!

I would shed very few tears for an injured whaler.

Anyone who has spent some time thinking about the best way to approach this issue knows that the actual "whalers" working on these ships are poor, disenfranchised labourers trying to make ends meet for their families. They are no more the evil-doers here than are oil patch workers are in the discussion of climate change. The criminals are the corporations which fund the boats, and make profits from the criminal activity and pad their shareholder's accounts.

Please - TAKE ACTION and care about this issue. But use your head and attack the real perpetrators - don't show-boat, grandstand, propagandize, and put human life at risk when it is entirely unnecessary.

Edited by mikebike
  • Like 1

Have nothing but contempt for the captain of the Sea Shepherd who puts his crew into harms way without conscience. The man is a disgrace to his profession.

Bizarre reply....

The ambition of Sea Shepherd is to intervene in these illegal actions, and the crew are all volunteers who knowing accept some risk.

Paul Watson is a legend, and has earned his reputation as a fearless conservationalist. Go Sea Shepherd. Go Paul!!!

As far as having no conscience, I would point to the illegal fishing outfits who are stealing from future generations by driving mass extinction and plundering the seas!!!

As I have been going to sea for 40 years, I know the responsibilities of a captain.

It's rather obvious that you don't.

Some of the things that the vessel does under the control of the captain, not only puts the lives of the Sea Shephard at risk, but also, the lives of the crew on board the target vessel.

He may be a legend amongst "Green at any Cost" activists, but, he is a complete joke amongst professional seafarers. I have not come across a single captain that doesn't think that the man is an unprofessional, egotistical idiot.

I certainly value their opinions as qualified captains over yours.

Are you a certified large vessel sea captain? Have you sailed with Paul or his senior officers? How can you judge his actions unless you have first hand knowledge? In any case, he hasn't been at the helm of a boat since 2013. The Sea Shepherd boats do not take risks without considering the consequences, and all crews volunteer for the activity. The crews are well briefed and screened before they set out. The activities the Sea Shepherd and her sister ships undertake while risky are no more dangerous than when coast guard vessels intercept foreign vessels.

The fact of the matter is that the Sea Shepherd society has assumed the financial burden and risks of preventing thugs, thieves and savages from destroying what's left of our ocean resources. Of course Norwegian and Japanese seafarers hate the Sea Shepherd. These two primitive nations insist on kiillng off the world's remaining whales. Even the Chinese and Indians don't do that.

They have every right to do what they are going, and they are going to keep doing it!!! Go Sea Shepherd, and to all reading this, please support them. We can stop this madness if people start to care, and take action. If the Oceans Die, We All Die ==> Credit to Paul Watson!!!

I would shed very few tears for an injured whaler.

Anyone who has spent some time thinking about the best way to approach this issue knows that the actual "whalers" working on these ships are poor, disenfranchised labourers trying to make ends meet for their families. They are no more the evil-doers here than are oil patch workers are in the discussion of climate change. The criminals are the corporations which fund the boats, and make profits from the criminal activity and pad their shareholder's accounts.

Please - TAKE ACTION and care about this issue. But use your head and attack the real perpetrators - don't show-boat, grandstand, propagandize, and put human life at risk when it is entirely unnecessary.

The seafarers on the Japanese and Norwegian whalers are well paid and know what they are doing. Western oil industry workers are in the industry because of the large salaries, and the difference is that they are not intentionally destroying the environment. The oil industry is not comparable to the hunting of endangered species and the removal of the last remaining fish from various regions. If a few more pirates lose their boats, they will get the message.

Have nothing but contempt for the captain of the Sea Shepherd who puts his crew into harms way without conscience. The man is a disgrace to his profession.

Bizarre reply....

The ambition of Sea Shepherd is to intervene in these illegal actions, and the crew are all volunteers who knowing accept some risk.

Paul Watson is a legend, and has earned his reputation as a fearless conservationalist. Go Sea Shepherd. Go Paul!!!

As far as having no conscience, I would point to the illegal fishing outfits who are stealing from future generations by driving mass extinction and plundering the seas!!!

As I have been going to sea for 40 years, I know the responsibilities of a captain.

It's rather obvious that you don't.

Some of the things that the vessel does under the control of the captain, not only puts the lives of the Sea Shephard at risk, but also, the lives of the crew on board the target vessel.

He may be a legend amongst "Green at any Cost" activists, but, he is a complete joke amongst professional seafarers. I have not come across a single captain that doesn't think that the man is an unprofessional, egotistical idiot.

I certainly value their opinions as qualified captains over yours.

Are you a certified large vessel sea captain? Have you sailed with Paul or his senior officers? How can you judge his actions unless you have first hand knowledge? In any case, he hasn't been at the helm of a boat since 2013. The Sea Shepherd boats do not take risks without considering the consequences, and all crews volunteer for the activity. The crews are well briefed and screened before they set out. The activities the Sea Shepherd and her sister ships undertake while risky are no more dangerous than when coast guard vessels intercept foreign vessels.

The fact of the matter is that the Sea Shepherd society has assumed the financial burden and risks of preventing thugs, thieves and savages from destroying what's left of our ocean resources. Of course Norwegian and Japanese seafarers hate the Sea Shepherd. These two primitive nations insist on kiillng off the world's remaining whales. Even the Chinese and Indians don't do that.

Norway and Japan are primitive nations because of whaling, I wonder what superior nation you belong to ??

And FYI the minke whale population that Norway hunts in the North Atlantic is estimated to be more than 100.000 individuals,so it's far from being extinct >_>.

I agree about Toothfish boat

crew, but Whalers from Japan, Faraeos, etc are not poor or deprived people. They are just murders with no conscience or soul....

What a ridiculous statement !!
Now that is a valuable contribution to this discussion. :rolleyes:

crew, but Whalers from Japan, Faraeos, etc are not poor or deprived people. They are just murders with no conscience or soul....

For sure it is....... That particular member claims that whalers are murderers without conscience or soul IS indeed ridiculous ;) Edited by Yahooka
  • Like 1

For sure it is....... That particular member claims that whalers are murderers without conscience or soul IS indeed ridiculous ;)
It, your statement, may be true, but that does not mean it adds to the discussion.