Can a UK business trade with a Thai SME?

A friend of mine has a business (a restaurant) in Thailand and she wants alot of work done by a UK company (based in the UK). Is this possible or does she have to use a Thai company? If not, how do I invoice her and how does she pay me so its legal?

Thanks

I would say there is no problem with that (based on other international businesses I know of who traded with UK companies I worked for), you just need to invoice her without VAT (as Thailand is outside the EU). Both companies should check with their accountants to make sure though.

Marketing.

Yes of course Thai companies CAN deal with foreign companies but do they need to be of a curtain size, or do they have to have a special license, etc, etc. I just doubt that a small Thai company could accept and pay invoices from a UK company. Just seems too simple and logical for Thailand.

There is no minimum size of a company to pay overseas invoices, or issue invoices to overseas customers.

If you want to import or export goods, you need to be registered with customs, which is a formality and again, it does not matter whether you are a big or small company.

We have some customers who even import goods under their personal name (Thai people) for their little shops in the markets.

• Like 1