US tourist visa in old passport with pre married name

my wife's US tourist visa is still valid for 2 years, we want to go soon. the visa is in an old passport with her previous, unmarried name. from http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas/frequently-asked-questions.html

NAME CHANGE: If I already have a valid visa and I change my name (through marriage, or for other reasons), can I use my old visa?

Yes. As long as your passport is still valid for at least six months beyond the date you plan on traveling, you may use your existing visa. However, you should carry proof of your legal name change (i.e., the Thai name change certificate with a certified English translation) with you when you travel to the U.S. If you wish to reduce the likelihood of encountering a delay at the port of entry, you are welcome to apply for a new visa by following our normal application procedures.

my question is, all we have for proof is marriage certificate (tabien sam-rot) and passport, should we get the tabien sam-rot translated and is that going to be enough to enter the US?

who else has done this?

thx

Edited by stevehaigh

Did your wife also change her name on her ID card? Hmmm, guess she must have it she used that for her passport.

Our Thai step-daughter changed her last name a few years ago, there was a form to be completed at the amphur for her to do so. I needed that recently for U.S. health insurance purposes, so down to the amphur and they were able to dig it out. Had the form translated to English and will be sending out to the insurance carrier shortly.

Did your wife fill out a similar form to change her name on the ID card?

Mac