Iron Supplement in Bangkok

mike324

I check boots, watsons and couldn't find any. They have some at the local pharmacy, but they are Thai made and it costs something like 5 baht per pill which I don't trust. Anyone know where to get imported iron supplements that don't cost an arm and leg?

Haemovit Plus may be of benefit to;

• People who suffer from iron-deficiency anaemia; mostly women with heavy menstruation, people who follow a vegetarian diet and people who have poor nutrition habits
  • People who suffer from neurological or cardiovascular disorders, fatigue and depression
  • Pregnant women (only after consulting with the doctor)at local pharmacy
  • The bottle i have is spelt haemo-vit so ask for either and looks like it from china
Edited by Brit_Doggie

Haemovit Plus may be of benefit to;

• People who suffer from iron-deficiency anaemia; mostly women with heavy menstruation, people who follow a vegetarian diet and people who have poor nutrition habits
  • People who suffer from neurological or cardiovascular disorders, fatigue and depression
  • Pregnant women (only after consulting with the doctor)at local pharmacy
  • The bottle i have is spelt haemo-vit so ask for either and looks like it from china

I have seen this for sale in 7/11 thumbsup.gif

Remember, Iron can make stools harder, but certainly darker! Don't be alarmed, just be aware.

I remember that happening to me after over consumption of Guinness laugh.png

which was at one time prescribed to pregnant women to increase their iron levels

Edited by Soutpeel

Price much better for vitamins at Iherb than in Thailand ( for example ever try to find high levels of vitamin d3 in Thailand ? Almost all are deficient in this one except maybe those that live at the beach or farmers . So many great brands and vitamins at IHerb with dosages that are helpful compared to the really awful selection here that is so expensive . Now that IHerb has cheap shipping if order is under 50 bucks no duty and most times postage under 5 bucks . Hard to imagine anyone could browse their website compare what's available here and not see the amazing opportunity that awaits . Thank you IHerb made another order last night and ordered things almost impossible to get here and got prices that are impossible to get here ( don't believe me go to their site or app and investigate for yourself ?

Last night order I made online to add to exercise I do and things already got from them to help with Glutathione production and it's already shipped with confirmation below (Details

#

Item

Price

Qty.

Discount

SubTotal

Now Foods, Silymarin, Milk Thistle Extract, 150 mg, 120 Vcaps(NOW-04737)

$11.46

$0.00

$11.46

Nature Made, Vitamin E, 200 IU, 100 Liquid Softgels(NDM-01155)

$6.82

$0.00

$6.82

Source Naturals, B-12, Sublingual, 2,000 mcg, 100 Tablets(SNS-00418)

$7.56

$1.51

$13.61

Natural Factors, Folic Acid, 1000 mg, 90 Tablets(NFS-01270)

$5.57

$1.11

$10.03

Now Foods, B-6, 50 mg, 100 Tablets(NOW-00450)

$3.81

$0.76

$6.86

Extra Discounts:

VIP Discount: 6% $40+, 7% $120+, 8% $240+

($2.93)

Order Totals:

Sub Total:

$52.16

Discounts:

($6.31)

Rewards:

$0.00

Shipping and Handling:

$3.56

Total Before Tax:

$49.41

Tax:

$0.00

Total:

$49.41

Edited by Lumbini

Any imported brand is going to be expensive, but why on earth get an imported brand?

There are plenty of locally made iron supplements, cheap and effective.

I've only found two, one is a chewable type and the other a pill made by a local company that are not that reputable and well known. Don't want to take my chances as the market has many inferior drugs / vitamins.

Don't think there are "plenty", hence I need to ask if anyone here has any advice other than ordering from abroad.

thanks

Be careful with iron and copper supplements. Possibly get tested before taking iron to see if you are deficient.

"The Physician Committee’s new report, Metals of Concern in Common Multivitamins, finds that common multivitamins, including One a Day Women’s 50+ Healthy Advantage and One a Day Women’s Active Metabolism, contain up to twice the amount of copper a person should consume in an entire day. In research studies, ingestion of copper and iron in even slightly elevated quantities is associated with increased risk of cognitive problems.

“We need traces of iron and copper for health, but because most people already obtain these metals from everyday foods, the added amounts in multivitamins increase the risk for overdose,” Neal Barnard, M.D., president of the Physicians Committee, writes in a letter to FDA Commissioner Margaret Hamburg, M.D. “Given that nearly half of Americans develop Alzheimer’s disease by age 85, we need to urge consumers to err on the side of caution.”

Dr. Barnard asks the FDA to work with vitamin manufactures to remove metals from the formulations.

“Research on the links between metals and brain damage is ongoing. Even so, the evidence that excess iron and copper contribute to brain deterioration has reached the point where we have to take it seriously,” says Dr. Barnard."

Edited by Lumbini

There are well over a dozen locally made brands. (It is, after all, given to all pregnant women, as well as used to treat anemia).

Ask at a pharmacy.

Yes, its for a my pregnant wife. Trust me I've went through a lot of pharmacies around town. A lot of the pharmacists have no clue what they are talking about, some show be vitamin B, some folic acid, others prenatal when I said I only want iron. Perhaps my only option is by prescription from hospitals. Thanks for the help folks.

During pregnancy, usually advised to take iron plus folate rather than iron alone

Try asking for this by brand name (and show it written down, they may have trouble understanding it as spoken by a farang)

Euro-fer

Maltofer

Ferli-6 (in addition to iron and folate this contains a small dose of B6, which can be helpful for morning sickness)

Ferosix (ditto)

If for some reason you want only iron without the folate (hard to imagine why), then these brands:

Ferrous Sulfate Asian Union

Ferrous Sulphate A.N.H.

Ferrotabs

Femarate

F-tab

I-RON

Ferium

Orofer

I am surprised though that she has not gotten this from her prenatal care provider. Any government health center or hospital can provide a prenatal check and iron/folate at very low cost (in case of Thai citizens, free at the hospital where she is registered).

• Like 1