webfact

I'M off to see the wizard, The Wonderful Wizard of Dubai
I hear he is a whiz of a wiz, if ever a wiz there was
If ever, oh ever a wiz there was, The Wizard of Dubai is one because
Because, because, because, because, because
Because of the wonderful things he schemes
I'm off to see the wizard, The Wonderful Wizard of Dubai

Edited by kevvy

I think its farcical that people are saying she is innocent of anything and everything. A policy which her government promoted, she personally chaired and which monetarily was a complete disaster with many many allegations (some proven and some in the legal process currently) of corruption. It is only right and just that she gets pulled for negligence.

The endless stream of lies and broken promises, the mismanagement on an almost laughable scale and the 500 billion bahjt black hole which can't be accounted for, as well as the piles of missing rice would be enough to put a person with a less influential person away for many years. So quite why she should avoid any scrutiny at all just because she is Thaksin's sister is outrageous. She should be under house arrest if she misses even 1 court date, the military have more guns than Thaksin's private army so they should grow a pair and ensure she has to stick around and face the music this time (unlike mr T).

Throw the whole damn library at her. No mercy. no sympathy

So what was illegal?

Edited by dukebowling

I'M off to see the wizard, The Wonderful Wizard of Dubai
I hear he is a whiz of a wiz, if ever a wiz there was
If ever, oh ever a wiz there was, The Wizard of Dubai is one because
Because, because, because, because, because
Because of the wonderful things he schemes
I'm off to see the wizard, The Wonderful Wizard of Dubai

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The military government seems intent on making the deposed PM a martyr.

Dragging out the persecution or prosecution, depending upon's one view, will keep her name in the news and build sympathy for her.

No good will come of this. It is a recipe for civil disorder and will undermine the current military rulers' position. The courts are not seen as impartial, nor free of political interference from the military regime. A conviction, which appears to be preordained, will be treated accordingly. I genuinely fear the consequences of this as I believe that the majority of Thais will not support it. Despite what many foreigners assume about Thai people, they still have a soft spot for her.

So if you extend what your suggesting g'kid all past offenders should never be prosecuted or punished.

So that brings an obvious question: 'How can Thailand ever move forward if there continues to be a lack of respect for the law?'

By the way, I'm not so convinced of 'they still have a soft spot for her'.

Many of my university and business colleagues and personal friends have just the opposite view and want some punishment metered out (with fair trial and process of course).

It seems that I have a different set of personal friends and their view, which can not be expressed, is opposite. By the way, I believe they are the majority.

Just out of curiosity. Did the scheme give the poor farmers a better standard of living? Begs the question because what i have read is she paid them double what they would have got at market prices. I have never read any reports of Suthep Thaugsuban giving the palm farmers double the market price when they where forced to sell it all to him at rock bottom prices which then made his palm oil refinery monopoly billions. Still i suppose it OK to lose money when it goes in the right pockets.

Links or you're trolling. I think you are trolling because there are no links to prove you allegation. In any case, this OP is about the PTP corruption. Let me know when you get some evidence to prosecute Mr. Thaugsuban as i wouldn't mind if he went to prison also.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes, the poor farmers have historically always been exploited by the middlemen. That's why Yingluck allowed her scheme to be exploited by middlemen and cronies aligned with the Shin family, so that they could get a cut of the action. Now, Yingluck will let her middlemen mouthpiece lawyers state her case in a trial, where she will remain conspicuously silent (save for a completely vague opening statement saying she was acting on the people's desire to be exploited).

Middlemen were across the political spectrum. If you believe otherwise you need to do a little more research. Also do a search for palm oils scams in Thailand while you are at it just to balance the books a tad.

It doesn't balance the books at all.

All people, whatever gender, whatever political color etc etc., should face the music, and be taken through proper legal process and be punished as fits the crime .

She is being tried for neglecting corruption that occurred under a scheme she was in charge of. Which she is probably guilty.

But, not one case of corruption has been taken to court and proven! Why not?? For her to be guilty in a normal court then the corruption would already have to be proven.

Why is this country so backward?

Why do you persist with saying she is being charged with corruption. She is not.

She is being charged with dereliction of duty in that she mismanaged the rice scheme. Big difference.

It is important if Thailand is to move forward that an example is made of senior politicians who do not their jobs correctly to show they cannot just do as they like. Then perhaps in the future Politicians will think twice before being corrupt and cheating the people.

As for YS still being very popular in the NE I dont know where this comes from. I live in the NE and no small rice farmer benefited from the scheme. Not one Baht. I defy you to show me one that did. It was the big farmers and owners of the storage that made the money by cheating the system. Thankfully the Military is slowly getting through and charging them as well. So your statement that "not one case of corruption has been taken to court" is not true. You are deliberately lying in an attempt to support a totally incompetent PM. The poor in the NE do not want a corrupt government. They want a government that will help them and this rice scheme certainly did nothing for them. In fact it put many into financial jeopody, 19 of whom committed suicide. I can assure you that YS popularity has substantially diminished but we will never know by how much as, thankfully, she will never stand for government again.

If you really believe what you write you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

• Like 2

'admit'? Why would I need to admit? Also if you agree it's impractical why do you suggest it?

Anyway, one needs to start somewhere and to start with the top which planned and directed makes sense. In parallel a campaign should be started to make people understand corruption is unacceptable, costing the country, holding her back.

It's like in other countries where the government uses strict law enforcement combined with media clips to 'guide' a society. Having been indoctrinated in the Netherlands I would still feel guilty and asocial when driving through Bangkok with a speed above 50km/h.

Because you are either serious about combating corruption or you are not, selective enforcement of political foes is not combating corruption, its selective enforcement based on political lines. And people are shocked that no one outside of Thailand believes the 2 year jail term on TS is anything but political.

Is he corrupt, of course he was, is he the first, middle or last of the corrupt, of course he is not, but yet he is the only one charged, along with his sister of course.....

So, should I invest in paper manufacturers as surely your suggestion will increase demand spectacular.

If you think that going after the master brains is selective, you seem to try to distract only. As we both agree going after millions of people is impractical. So one goes after those who order and control. Furthermore as I wrote you start campaigns to 'influence' the population's thoughts about corruption.

As for your reference to Thaksin, don't know why you feel you need to mention him. He's not involved in the RPPS, allegedly, as Ms. Yingluck stated in parliament she and only she was in charge.

Rubl, you know your post is completely irrelevant talking about paper manufacturer then have the brass neck to start talking about me bringing up TS.I am sure you don't (but you should) see the irony with me bringing up TS especially with you, given every single post you make.

Rubl can you honestly sit there and say that the charging for corruption and who they are going after is not selective? Please be honest.

Ah, so you don't agree with me and furthermore you fail to see how cynical it is that you bring up Thaksin. You try to distract from the topic and accuse others of being 'selective'?

With the 'self-financing' RPPS the largest crime of the previous government which even had the bloody cheek to push through a blanket amnesty bill which even covered their own two years in office, I think this is just justice. The country has been defrauded of 700++ billion Baht. There has been criminal intend to use tax payers money to reward the 'right' people for bringing in votes. That adds 'delayed vote buying' and 'corruption of people and laws'.

No, I don't see the charging of Ms. Yingluck as selective. She frequently and publicly defended her scheme and even had the gall to stand up in parliament and state that she and only she was in charge of her cabinet and government. Well, so be it.

• Like 2

If there is anything that will guarantee no reconciliation it's taking YL to trail over this. It's vindictive and misguided.

I refuse to believe she profited from any of this or ever had any intention to profit from it...why would she...she already has enough money. I also will not believe she did anything with malicious intent and those are the only reasons she should be found guilty if either of those two can be proved beyond any doubt. She might be blamed for poor judgement, for being naive, for not listening or not acting fast enough or just not being very bright, but none of those are jail-able offenses. This is simply an out-of-control, rabid government out to get Thaksin anyway they can and if that means putting his sister in jail in lieu of him then that is what they will do.

"she already has enough money." People who have "enough" money, never believe they have enough money. coffee1.gif

Ms. Yingluck's big brother was too rich to need to be corrupt. Still he couldn't help himself, he still took care of his company while Prime Minister of Thailand.

Mind you, Ms' Yingluck most likely did not profit financially, at least not directly. More indirect by having the State finance her backers through the 700++ billion Baht lost in the RPPS. A new form of corruption maybe?

• Like 2

I think its farcical that people are saying she is innocent of anything and everything. A policy which her government promoted, she personally chaired and which monetarily was a complete disaster with many many allegations (some proven and some in the legal process currently) of corruption. It is only right and just that she gets pulled for negligence.

The endless stream of lies and broken promises, the mismanagement on an almost laughable scale and the 500 billion bahjt black hole which can't be accounted for, as well as the piles of missing rice would be enough to put a person with a less influential person away for many years. So quite why she should avoid any scrutiny at all just because she is Thaksin's sister is outrageous. She should be under house arrest if she misses even 1 court date, the military have more guns than Thaksin's private army so they should grow a pair and ensure she has to stick around and face the music this time (unlike mr T).

So what was illegal?

How about go find out yourself. It's called the internet my friend. Lots of information there for one who searches for it. Now get to it if you really want to know all the key points, deeds and misdeeds of this scheme

• Like 2

The date of the first hearing is interesting.

If she is found guilty, cut a deal with her, Have her reveal her brothers location and she will not go to prison for 10 years. Once she gives the location, The Thai Army sends a helicopter with special forces to capture him and bring him back to Thailand to face charges. But it will have to be done in a way that she can not alert her brother that he is going to be taken. If the United States can do this getting Terrorist, why can Thailand do the same thing?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Dragging out the persecution or prosecution, depending upon's one view, will keep her name in the news and build sympathy for her.

No good will come of this. It is a recipe for civil disorder and will undermine the current military rulers' position. The courts are not seen as impartial, nor free of political interference from the military regime. A conviction, which appears to be preordained, will be treated accordingly. I genuinely fear the consequences of this as I believe that the majority of Thais will not support it. Despite what many foreigners assume about Thai people, they still have a soft spot for her.

So if you extend what your suggesting g'kid all past offenders should never be prosecuted or punished.

So that brings an obvious question: 'How can Thailand ever move forward if there continues to be a lack of respect for the law?'

By the way, I'm not so convinced of 'they still have a soft spot for her'.

Many of my university and business colleagues and personal friends have just the opposite view and want some punishment metered out (with fair trial and process of course).

It seems that I have a different set of personal friends and their view, which can not be expressed, is opposite. By the way, I believe they are the majority.

Yes, bargirls and most other lower class Thais believe what your 'friends' do.

Thailand is not a first world country. The poor people who I respect and represent a majority are none the less poorly educated and poorly informed. The yellow shirts are by western standards middle class but by Thai standards seen as elistist by poor Thais. It is true that a lot of the educated middle class Thais who represent the bulk of yellow shirts do tend to look down on the poor people red shirts. So there is plenty to critisize on all sides. That's just the way it is and one of the reasons Thailand has so much trouble embracing a working Democracy. Frankly, I think they should just keep things the way they are for the foreseeable future because Democracy in Thailand just doesn't seem to work very well.

Of course there is a danger that things could go too far the other way into a true military dictatorship so there needs to be checks and balances against that as well. The long term solution is better education imho. When a majority of the voting population only has a 6th grade education at best it's hard to have a working Democracy. The even bigger problem is poverty so we are back to 3rd world problems and there is no easy solution to that.

An argument for dictatorship using poor education in Thailand is laughable and has been proven wrong ad nauseam. They have a 92.6% literacy ranking.

He who is willing to give up liberty deserves neither freedom nor safety.

Edited by dukebowling

So what was illegal?

How about go find out yourself. It's called the internet my friend. Lots of information there for one who searches for it. Now get to it if you really want to know all the key points, deeds and misdeeds of this scheme

Exactly my point, there is nothing on the internet, in the news or posted here that shows any illegal actions.

Edited by dukebowling

I am neither for or against, but it seems that the longer the General can stretch out the time to the "Next" election and try to gain popularity by going after Yingluck, which will fail. It would seem since her brother is out of reach, the General, I mean the government, is going after her for his crimes as well. A very poor example of an unbiased criminal justice system for all the world to see. Are his subordinates the appointed Judges and Prosecutors in the case?

Exactly my point, there is nothing on the internet, in the news or posted here that shows any illegal actions.

If spending B700 billion of other people's money with nothing to show for it is not a crime, I don't know what is.

• Like 2

He is right I feel ....the most easy to see point is that quote ""No good will come of this"

I share the viewpoint civil disobedience will manifest for sure if she is jailed .

Of which the Military Government will then highlight the need for their retention as being paramount.

Hence most likely more delays in the running of elections and the PM standing down.

Internationally it will look bad for the Government.

Countries like Australia already ban them from visits and don't acknowledge their mandate to rule- let alone go after opponents , after removing her from office via a judicial that's already highly controversial and seen as no more than a tool.( of Army)

America and Europe might well consider tougher positions and show disapproval of the continued stay by this Government in its transitional role when it adds court prosecution of woman no less the democratically elected leader and prior PM .

Meanwhile the Reds up north might decide to mobilise and things could escalate into a far worse situation.

The generals within the Thai higher sphere of power could well perceive an opportunity to split .

This might be the very worst situation leading to a war within the country .

More likely will be large scale social unrest and wide spread arrests and a righting of power and media censorship on a greater level.

The only conclusion I can come to is the Military are very aware of the possible consequences of going after YS and they are either expecting it and have plans in place to use such problems to their advantage .

Or they have under estimated the passive so far Reds and majority of Thais who might not like this action and have started to grow restless.

Then there is a brother who is wealthy enough to arm large groups of men who could head to Bangkok and cause massive upheaval and widespread trouble .

The army might have a big issue on its hands this time , not a novel by George Orwell and uni students on a Sunday afternoon.

Edited by Plutojames88

"The incident has negatively affected the image to Pattaya."

Really.

Yes. Pattaya has a sterling image. A real wholesome place that attracts the best, the brightest, the most noble, and the innocent. It is a wonderful city that had an opera, a world famous ballet, many museums with billion dollar art collextions

Thailand had a hundred opportunities to capture him, or have him extradited, or have him taken out. The only plausible explanation, is that there was never enough political will to do so. That is the only thing that makes sense. To this day. Granted, the coward should have surrendered. But, a man child rarely does the right thing.