Beer Laos now at seven (eleven.)

infinity11

because we (in Thailand) have a very restricted selection of beers from which to choose.

You need to expand your sights and thinking a bit.. Times are changing as regards imported beers in Thailand.

Suggest you read the thread I'm linking here below, and in particular the post I'm specifically linking to.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/691531-british-real-ale-lovers-happy-christmas-from-villa-market/?p=9156012

Theakston Old Peculiar? never seen it in tops villa or wishbeer as claimed. I get youngers london pride and fullers ESB from wishbeer, good beer.

because we (in Thailand) have a very restricted selection of beers from which to choose.

You need to expand your sights and thinking a bit.. Times are changing as regards imported beers in Thailand.

Suggest you read the thread I'm linking here below, and in particular the post I'm specifically linking to.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/691531-british-real-ale-lovers-happy-christmas-from-villa-market/?p=9156012

I can expand my mind all I want, but I live 800km from Bkk. Non of those listed beers and ales are in the shops in Chiang Rai. Just a few Belgian and German brews.

Theakston Old Peculiar? never seen it in tops villa or wishbeer as claimed. I get youngers london pride and fullers ESB from wishbeer, good beer.

The stock varies from store to store branch and time to time. That list wasn't of all the beers in stock right now, but rather right now and/or ones that have been in stock during the past 1 year plus.

Here's my what local Villa in BKK had on their shelf this week re Theakston:

post-58284-0-94486700-1426943812_thumb.j post-58284-0-44444700-1426943817_thumb.j

• Like 1

I can expand my mind all I want, but I live 800km from Bkk. Non of those listed beers and ales are in the shops in Chiang Rai. Just a few Belgian and German brews.

No need to worry about the given list, if there is German beer available you will be on a winner.

Check on some of the wheat beers, Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier or Schneider Weisse Tap 6, if the budget allows.

Check on some of the wheat beers, Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier or Schneider Weisse Tap 6, if the budget allows.

The beers list I linked to above was in a thread BRITISH ales, so that's where its emphasis was.

And, while I can't speak for Chiang Rai, the German beer mentioned above is a regular stock at all of the Tops and Big C supermarkets around my area of BKK, and has been for as long as I can remember.

• 2 weeks later...

I checked my local 7-11 on the way home tonight...on a heavily farang soi in central BKK.

Nary a bottle of Beer Lao to be found. And for that matter, I don't think I even saw ANY non-Thai beer in the cooler at all.

I knew there was a reason I don't shop at 7-11 much for beer.

Went to 7 eleven here in Sukhumvit, Jomtien area, they had both dark and normal Beer Laos in stock. But I think I am the only customer buying , went there 4 days later and the same few bottles were waiting for me.

I can believe there might be isolated 7s here or there that stock different things, such a different beer from the normal bottled sewage.

But, I'm still waiting for any evidence/accounts that Beer Laos has become a standard part of 7-11 store inventories. And of that, I don't think we've seen any evidence at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought a case of Dark Beer Lao at Makro , 24 bottles 47 baht each. So saved 8 baht x 24 compared with Big C or 7 eleven. .

I promised myself to drink only one per day unless I have guests. rolleyes.gif

Edited by balo