Professional Photographers one day shoot requirements

I work as a Photographer, though I work for myself which is not an issue.

I have been contacted by a law firm who want me to shoot this Saturday, wanting me to shoot various people and other things related to some case I know nothing about.

My question is, no way I will get a work permit for one day of shooting, so how do I do and what is the law about working for one day?

Thanks in advance^^

the law is the same whether 1 day or 365 days..a WP is required.

As already noted a temporary WP can be had which would be good for 14 days, typically issued within 24 hours of application and is free, its basically a letter permitting you to work temporary

What you don't mention is what visa your currently on, normally to issue such a temporary WP one needs to have a Non-imm B in ones passport, not sure if will be done on other visa types.

although these temporary WP are easily had, it is assumes the person is travelling into Thailand to carry out the "urgent work" and therefore they ask for a non-imm B

• Like 1

my brother in law came over a few years ago to film for 3 days in a local school;

I contacted the film association and he an the cameraman got permission,

no WP needed.

needed top pay $$ an it was all legal

http://thailaws.com/law/t_laws/tlaw10840.pdf

Well your BIL was scammed then, a temporary WP good for 14 days can be had from the DOL for free...rolleyes.gif

so rather than be patting yourself on the back stating he didn't need a WP and it was all legal, which its wasn't BTW

maybe your BIL needs to review how much "top $$" he paid as he didn't need to pay anything in the first instance and could have had a WP for free..

Farang tink so smart. more smart than kon Thai..cheesy.gif

• Like 1

my brother in law came over a few years ago to film for 3 days in a local school;

no WP needed.

Well your BIL was scammed then, a temporary WP good for 14 days can be had from the DOL for free...rolleyes.gif

so rather than be patting yourself on the back stating he didn't need a WP and it was all legal, which its wasn't BTW

maybe your BIL needs to review how much "top $$" he paid as he didn't need to pay anything in the first instance and could have had a WP for free..

he was 100% legal;

had someone on the set from Bangkok during the whole filming, Had to have approval on all scripts, had to have a thai fixer,Had to hire thai staff for set up,

rent equipment etc. Plus as he shot in the local Wat gave a contribution to the wat.

had all paperwork and permissions slips from Bangkok Film association. who helped with temp importation of their film equipment ( so it was duty free -200 kilos of equipment)

facepalm.gif

Edited by Mario2008
flame removed

no WP needed.

he was 100% legal;

had someone on the set from Bangkok during the whole filming, Had to have approval on all scripts, had to have a thai fixer,Had to hire thai staff for set up,

rent equipment etc. Plus as he shot in the local Wat gave a contribution to the wat.

had all paperwork and permissions slips from Bangkok Film association. who helped with temp importation of their film equipment ( so it was duty free -200 kilos of equipment)

facepalm.gif

"needed top pay $$ an it was all legal"

again why need to top pay $$ ?....A temporary WP cost nothing and its good for 14 days

Customs and import of equipment has nothing to do with a WP

if he paid over top $$ to become "legal" he was conned all he needed was a letter from the DOL which cost nothing ...thumbsup.gif

• Like 2