the dry weather brings rats into house to breed

opalred

Get a cat or two... don't over feed it/them, problem solved. Mice and rats generally don't hang around when a cat is in the immediate area.

Edited by djayz
  • Like 1

I have similar problems from time to time. The problem is that rats are smart. After a while they won't touch the baits if you use the same ones repeatedly. Go to a farm supplies/fertilizer shop and see what they have got. They usually sell the baits in bulk, and have a variety of types. If you've been using the blue ones, try the pink ones or another type.

The problem emanates from the rice fields. In this so called "chemical free" industry (It's far from it!) the farmers are using a strong pesticide to kill the snails - the rat's primary food source. So they are moving into peoples' houses instead, hence the farm shops stocking the baits in bulk. (This explanation was provided by the owner of one of the larger farm supplies centres in our district. Of course he sells both the pesticide and the rat baits - double dipping!!)

Edited by Iamemjay

The rats only come into our house during the rainy season, as they are not

your typical sewer rats, they are tree rats,and come inside to get out of the

rains, we find the best way to trap them is with those sticky pads,put some

bait in the middle,like popcorn,something dry that will keep a while.

regards worgeordie

i dont get rats I keep the place squeaky clean, I dont kill snakes, maybe ask more why are the rats coming, I have no way into my houses for rats and even jing joks struggle to get in

• Like 2

The rats only come into our house during the rainy season, as they are not

your typical sewer rats, they are tree rats,and come inside to get out of the

rains, we find the best way to trap them is with those sticky pads,put some

bait in the middle,like popcorn,something dry that will keep a while.

regards worgeordie

. Peanuts , I'm a Big Puss when it comes to Rats, I would climb over a woman to get on the Dining Table... Edited by Dannyboy666
  • Like 2

We had them in the house about 2yrs ago you would be surprised at how small a hole they can get through.

Used the blue stuff , but we get them in the carport separate from the house , living in the countryside everywhere are small

animals.

The car has been to the garage for repair to wiring, and even went through a petrol pipe on the tank although i think some are

down to the many chipmunks we have around. Happy hunting.

We had a rat gnaw a hole in the kitchen roof. I put the N-Rat glue on some cardboard near the hole. Next morning the rat was stuck to the cardboard and I swiftly dispatched it. Interestingly, there is no sign of others after three days.

We had them in the house about 2yrs ago you would be surprised at how small a hole they can get through.

Used the blue stuff , but we get them in the carport separate from the house , living in the countryside everywhere are small

animals.

The car has been to the garage for repair to wiring, and even went through a petrol pipe on the tank although i think some are

my smallest hole is about1/8th of an inch

Get a cat or two... don't over feed it/them, problem solved. Mice and rats generally don't hang around when a cat is in the immediate area.

I would prefer to have rats than a cat.

What's wrong with cats? They are very beautiful animals.

There are plenty of healthy rats around who live in the rice paddies.

My GF and myself saw one about over 600 meters away, in Korat countryside , Big Black Monster, her brother hunts them , Disgusting, I ask GF , you eat and she says lil bit, BS ,she's as skinny as a rail, constantly eating, she probably Ate most of it...

I would prefer to have rats than a cat.

What's wrong with cats? They are very beautiful animals.

They are predators.

animals.

my smallest hole is about1/8th of an inch

You can't do much with that then.

Our cat is brilliant, it not only takes care of the rat population it kills snakes too. Last week it brought a snake home for us to see, one of those green tree snakes.

Before we had the cat we had rats up in the roof, we could here them running around, I opened the trap door and put the cat up there after a couple of days silence!!!!

Every now and again we hear something moving about so we pop the cat back in and the problem just goes away.

Cats can be well-fed (and should be) and will still catch rats and mice. They're hard-wired to do it. Not a function of hunger. If they are hungry they'll travel further afield in search of food and not be around to offer rodent eradication services to you alone.

Edited by Suradit69

Cats can be well-fed (and should be) and will still catch rats and mice. They're hard-wired to do it. Not a function of hunger. If they are hungry they'll travel further afield in search of food and not be around to offer rodent eradication services to you alone.

Not every cat has the same wiring.

• Like 1