Greatest living Englishman.

And for the modern English society this fellowattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Good one CC. Maybe this one is a tad more wholesome?

attachicon.gifAdventures_of_barry_mckenzie_daybill.jpg

As English as vegemite.

Who the heck is this fella??? Must be an Aussie thing...

Yes.

"Forgive me brother for I have sinned".

Ok, back to the English.

Aren't we all sinners...at least in mind...

I am somewhat dissapointed with the replies, while there have been many worthy contenders, there have been some omissions, Geoff Hurst, Bobby Moore, Minnie The Minx, Desperate Dan, Roger The Dodger etc etc.

However the greatest living hasnt yet been mentioned, we have met him everywhere in Thailand from Pukhet, Samuai, to Pattaya and Bangkok.

Please gents get you thinking caps on, heres a hint, he even lurks on this forum.

I am somewhat dissapointed with the replies, while there have been many worthy contenders, there have been some omissions, Geoff Hurst, Bobby Moore, Minnie The Minx, Desperate Dan, Roger The Dodger etc etc.

However the greatest living hasnt yet been mentioned, we have met him everywhere in Thailand from Pukhet, Samuai, to Pattaya and Bangkok.

Please gents get you thinking caps on, heres a hint, he even lurks on this forum.

Stop it RGS, you're making me blush.

Australians are the greatest living english men.

Maybe this thread is more appropriate for our Aussie contingent, one suspects plenty of experience

So your a criminal in your homeland and you've come to Thailand to start afresh.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/810326-so-your-a-criminal-in-your-homeland-and-youve-come-to-thailand-to-start-afresh/

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pngtongue.pngtongue.pngtongue.pngtongue.png

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 2

In my opinion it is King George the 3rd.

Under his reign we lost the American colony, indeed he was a far sighted and wise man concerning his attitude to that colony. whistling.gif

"...he was a far sighted and wise man concerning his attitude to that colony"

You seem to be fashioning your very own historical revisionism ... a common practice among the English when reflecting on the nobleness of colonialism and who it was who engineered the end of empire.

King George III speaks to Parliament of American rebellion
On this day in 1775, King George III speaks before both houses of the British Parliament to discuss growing concern about the rebellion in America, which he viewed as a traitorous action against himself and Great Britain. He began his speech by reading a “Proclamation of Rebellion” and urged Parliament to move quickly to end the revolt and bring order to the colonies.
The king spoke of his belief that “many of these unhappy people may still retain their loyalty, and may be too wise not to see the fatal consequence of this usurpation, and wish to resist it, yet the torrent of violence has been strong enough to compel their acquiescence, till a sufficient force shall appear to support them.” With these words, the king gave Parliament his consent to dispatch troops to use against his own subjects, a notion that his colonists believed impossible.

due of your above mentioned restrictions i will refrain from answering...wink.png

Oh come now CC, what about Jamie Oliver? biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

You can't even nominate the world's best chef, as he's Scottish.

OK a serious reply-Marco Pierre White(even he is just half a Brit)...

White is not the best but he is the biggest, pompous ass.

Rolf Harris.

Kylie Minogue!
Dame Edna Everage.

They're all Aussie - average hasbeans or ne'er wasers who drifted across to UK to make a few bob. Rolf finished up like most of his ancestors and their peers - in a British prison. wink.png

What is sad is that not so long ago people thought pedo perverts like Harris, Jimmy Saville and their mates to be "great" blokes. Just goes to show, you can never judge a book by it's cover.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 2

No offence intended but the best description about England I heard in "Snatch"..

London? London! ...you know : bad food worst weather Marry f%#^^>Poppins London...

No offence intended but the best description of Australia I heard was "less culture than yoghurt". wink.png

• Like 2

Rolf Harris.

GTF

Never met a decent Englishman ...... So one just has to go for the best of the worst, I guess.

???

Lousy Cricketers too

At least an Englishman would understand Rolf Harris is not English, he is a true Australian pedo.. Where did you say you're from?

• Like 1

There are no great ones. Their ancestors all left for Australia in 1788.

Greatest thing that ever happened!!!! Shipping off all the criminal to the other side of the World.

So why do you all want to emigrate to Oz? There are millions of you here. You have almost turned us into a third world country.