Is The Mooban behind Kad Farang a nice place to live?

sunoco27

I'm looking to rent a house in Hang Dong below the Samoeng intersection. I prefer a quiet/safe mooban that is preferably on the east side of Highway 108. I have no idea how to find a house for rent there since I can not read or speak Thai. Do they have an office anwhere on the premises?

Possibly can anyone tell me of other nice quiet moobans with rental houses in the southern part of Hang Dong or in San Patong, and I prefer to be on the east side of highway 108 if possible.

Thanks

Take a drive there 90% of houses for rent will have a sign on the front gate.Plenty of foreigners live in that Mooban sure you will run into some and get the info first hand if no one comes forward here.It is better if you can take a Thai speaker with you but you also do a search on Chiang Mai real estate sites there's quite few in English.

The office is directly behind McD's....the part that is gated has nice big 2 bedroom 2 bath homes more farangs there and it's a good starter neighborhood With a nice big pool...we were there the 1st year...from bike riding the neighborhood it is quiet and mostly Thai area but everyone seemed nice enough through random contact....there is a new international school there and don't know how it has impacted the area....Kan is the gal in that office for that area.....we were happy at the location but couldn't find the size we wanted at the time our lease was up....now we are off the canal road and miss riding the bike to Rimping but still within 10 mimutes....

It's like any Moo Bahn, you can be lucky and get in near really nice considerate neighbours or you can be unlucky and find that the neighbours you thought were nice and considerate turn out to be real <deleted>. It's a bit of a lottery, but if you see a place you fancy, go back at night time (late) to see if there's noise, you probably won't avoid dog noise during the daytime, but that's acceptable.

It's like any Moo Bahn, you can be lucky and get in near really nice considerate neighbours or you can be unlucky and find that the neighbours you thought were nice and considerate turn out to be real <deleted>. It's a bit of a lottery, but if you see a place you fancy, go back at night time (late) to see if there's noise, you probably won't avoid dog noise during the daytime, but that's acceptable.

Check out the night noise a bunch of times including some Friday and Saturday nights.

• Like 1

To find to office, look for the lane that runs along side of McDonalds and follow it all the way back (about 100 meters of less) and you will see a building on your right with a small parking area in front. Go inside and ask for Khun Kan, she speaks English and should be able to find you a house that fits your needs in that moo baan.