Up for auction

Lite Beer

Up for auction
The Nation

30256518-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Anti-Money Laundering Office will hold a second auction of 20,000 assets confiscated from former Central Investigation Bureau chief Pol Lt-General Pongpat Chayapan from tomorrow till Thursday.

They include paintings and drawing from famous artists, porcelain, silverware, crystal, furniture, handicrafts, artifacts, ancient Buddha images, watches and clocks. The first auction, held from March 5-8, saw 867 items being sold for Bt38 million.

AMLO chief Sihanart Prayoonrat said a major portion of the Bt7 billion in assets confiscated from Pongpat were company shares, land and houses. Assets that were not sold in the first auction would be auctioned in the second one and unsold items would be kept in the National Museum.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Up-for-auction-30256518.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-22

These ill gotten gains will be sold to people who will use their ill gotten gains to pay for them.

Commendable point but impossible to implement... we all should hope that by this action and the

fall from grace and power of the mighty errant gate keepers, should serve a s a lesson to others

who also intended to go down that road of misdeeds to heed the lessons learned from this case...

( yeah right, whom am I kidding?)

• Like 1

These ill gotten gains will be sold to people who will use their ill gotten gains to pay for them.

At least this time their ill-gotten gains go into the country's treasury instead of the auto gray market or private real estate developers.

The money is probably going to end up in the exactly same pockets as before!!

Just a different buyer.............coffee1.gif

• Like 2

At least this time their ill-gotten gains go into the country's treasury instead of the auto gray market or private real estate developers.

Maybe on paper at least.

Commendable point but impossible to implement... we all should hope that by this action and the

fall from grace and power of the mighty errant gate keepers, should serve a s a lesson to others

who also intended to go down that road of misdeeds to heed the lessons learned from this case...

"Commendable point..."

What? Misinformation, speculation and untruths, yes, very commendable.

• Like 1

Or maybe they will be purchased by honest people who have made a decent living and wish to take advantage of an opportunity to buy something that you could never buy because you've spent your life concocting irrational negative reactions to absolutely everything.

• Like 1

Other than the 1000's of trinkets etc, i would most like to see where the land title deeds, real estate and company shares end up. I am sure you could not even auction company shares.

Confiscated by AMLO, shares will be sold on the markets and the proceeds will go to the state. That's the idea of seizing assets of this nature.

Now someone explain how in the world are they going to fit a house or condo that is not sold into a museum? and who would pay to see that?

As there are no houses or condos included in this auction and there was no mention of assets of that nature being put in museums, could you explain how in the world you thought to ask that question?

I haven't really been following this saga, but the cynic in me can't help wandering whether he fell from grace because he was an "errant gate keeper" or because he found himself on the wrong side and didn't move fast enough.

Or maybe they will be purchased by honest people who have made a decent living and wish to take advantage of an opportunity to buy something that you could never buy because you've spent your life concocting irrational negative reactions to absolutely everything.

You've been missing for a while, been taking the meds and out for the weekend ?

• Like 2

Amazing how fast the system works against you, if you fall out of favor!!

A purge, anyone??

Just a good bloke doing a good deed for a mate that lives on the wrong side of the tracks. Or a mate that has just changed camps?

Did they audit all the ill-gotten gains and publish the list?

• Like 1

I haven't really been following this saga, but the cynic in me can't help wandering whether he fell from grace because he was an "errant gate keeper" or because he found himself on the wrong side and didn't move fast enough.

Bagman.....

Huh? What? Nonsensical quote if ever I have read....bah.gif

Bagman.....

Just holding the ill gotten gains for his cronies who promised they have to make him a scapegoat and then when all is said and done his sentence will be quietly commuted to life of being a good person on a Government pension and only one state owned home....thumbsup.gif