Male teacher under probe for molesting four boys

Thaivisa News

Bangkok: – The education authorities have launched a fact-finding investigation into a male teacher on suspicion of having molested four boys, aged 8 to 11, during a school trip to Singapore.

Education Minister Narong Pipatanasai has ordered for speedy legal and disciplinary action to mete out maximum penalty if the teacher is found guilty.

The case came to light after the parents of one of the four boys had lodged a complaint at the Office of the Basic Education Commission.

Based on the complaint, a high school in Ramkhamhaeng area organised a field trip taking 46 students to Singapore on March 8 to 11.

The trip was supposed to expose the students to international science studies. Three teachers, two males and one female, were designated chaperones.

After returning from the trip, one of the four boys told his parents that he and his three friends were molested by one of the two male teachers.

The parents said the teacher in question was effeminate.

OBEC secretary general Kamol Rodklai said OBEC’s Child Protection Centre has already taken steps to assist the victims.

The teacher in question was transferred out of the school, paving way for the probe into alleged sexual violations, Kamol said.

Thipa Bhawangkanantha, head of child protection, said the centre would provide counselling for the four victims.

In addition to petitioning the OBEC, the parents have asked police to look into the case.

Suphensri Phuengkoksoong, official of the National Human Rights Commission, said pending the outcome of the investigation, the teacher should be suspended from duty.

Suphensri said she saw the job transfer in lieu of suspension as a slab on the wrist.

The alleged victims were apparently aged 8 to 11 and male. They were prepubescent. That fits the definition of the mental illness paedophilia, in which an adult experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children, generally aged 11 years or younger. (Both DSM-5 & ICD-10)

Q: Where do paedophiles desire to be?

A: In places where there are many prepubescent children.

We all need to keep a vigilant lookout for these children. I'm glad to read in the OP that these kids did come forward and complain and that there was a system in place capable of accepting their complaints.

• Like 1

So now that this topic has come up. Prevention is better than cure. My son, 9, is very innocent about anything to do with s_x. I wanted to keep him innocent as long as possible.

How does one teach about dangerous teachers without going into too many details. I had thought to wait about 12 to talk about the birds and bees. But that little boy was 8. Should I teach him now?

The article has some issues that need to be answered.

High school children are typically age 12+

The "effeminate" remark bears scrutiny as it smacks of a witch hunt.

If the case is proven, the teacher should be jailed

It would also be too much of a coincidence for the boys to be between the ages of 8-11 and the travel dates to be from March 8th through the 11th.

I missed that.

Good spotting

• Like 1

Regardless of the outcomes, as this teacher is not guilty till proven , to emphasise a point all persons male or female dealing with children should be screened and policed cleared like what is being done in the West , this not necessarily removes the problem but slows the numbers down ,as most western countries have working with children clearance , international teachers would require a WWC from the relevant authority in their country of origin before signing on in Thailand. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

So now that this topic has come up. Prevention is better than cure. My son, 9, is very innocent about anything to do with s_x. I wanted to keep him innocent as long as possible.

How does one teach about dangerous teachers without going into too many details. I had thought to wait about 12 to talk about the birds and bees. But that little boy was 8. Should I teach him now?

Yes, now. And do not make it teacher specific. Inappropriate touching by any adult, teach him to run away, make a lot of noise, and come tell you.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

The article has some issues that need to be answered.

High school children are typically age 12+

The "effeminate" remark bears scrutiny as it smacks of a witch hunt.

If the case is proven, the teacher should be jailed

It would also be too much of a coincidence for the boys to be between the ages of 8-11 and the travel dates to be from March 8th through the 11th.

First of all i would say IF he is guilty, lock him up and throw away the key!

BUT, i would have to join the skeptics and look at the conspiracy theory too.....

No child of 8 is in high school ! (could just be shabby journalism) but until more info i am skeptic and smell a witch hunt.

All of us that have spent some time in Asia, know that there is always more to the story than it seems. or it is a totally different smokescreen all together.......

until then coffee1.gifwai2.gif

• Like 2

I've made my attitude towards paedophiles very clear, many times.....however, until more of this story comes out I do not in any way think of this teacher as a paedo. It's all too easy for disgruntled kids to make up a story to get back at a teacher who was simply doing his job, enforcing rules etc.

Yes, now. And do not make it teacher specific. Inappropriate touching by any adult, teach him to run away, make a lot of noise, and come tell you.

Yes....in fact the inappropriate touching lessons should have been instilled years ago....9 is way too late IMO.

Birds and bees...well that depends on the child and how well they can learn and understand....the birds and bees can be a gradual series of lessons that gets more detailed as he/she matures.

On the topic of "make the lesson non-teacher specific"...yes that's important. It's important for kids to see that inappropriate touching can occur from ANYONE, including Uncle and the nice old guy next door, even a cousin a few years older.

• Like 2

Your kid will find out more from his class mates, I learned from my classmates. Maybe all was not good, but it was a start. Keep him in a glass cage until he is 12 ?? There are books you know, for kids about the birds and the bees.

Basics are Not to accept money--chocolate etc from anyone to go with them. tell the child to report to you anyone that try's it ON.

I f this person was a Westerner, it would say "Farang" everywhere and would give his name and where he was from. Thai protects Thai. An awful story!

At least the education official did not say that "No Thai would do something like that..."

'Based on the complaint, a high school in Ramkhamhaeng area organised a field trip taking 46 students to Singapore on March 8 to 11.' Based on the complaint? I don't think so.

'Suphensri said she saw the job transfer in lieu of suspension as a sla(b - sic) on the wrist.' He has yet to be proved guilty, like it or not. It's something that they haven't named him.

Your kid will find out more from his class mates, I learned from my classmates. Maybe all was not good, but it was a start. Keep him in a glass cage until he is 12 ?? There are books you know, for kids about the birds and the bees.

Basics are Not to accept money--chocolate etc from anyone to go with them. tell the child to report to you anyone that try's it ON.

Well, I thought he would come and say things like.

Mum what are tits.

What is sex ?

When will I get public hair?

I was told when the kids start asking, that is the time to sexucate. But no nothing from the Thai schools. In fact it seems the science class of plant and animal reproduction has been skipped altogether. I always taught good and bad touching.

He is not going to learn anything in the Thai school.

So far, I taught bee pollen plant reproduction.

Then animal reproduction, without the sex word.

Shall I talk graphicly about human reproduction. Or wait a bit?