any feedback on this streaming TV service?

ezzra

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you rely on free streams then you get what you pay for, if you pay a supplier then you get a guaranteed service and do not miss the match because 50'000 other people want to watch for free. My neighbour purchased a 6000THB android box and would regularly joke about us spending over 20K on our system.. lets just say that buy cheap means buy twice. He has been back and forth to Pataya goodness knows how many times and spends more time updating his box than watching it. He regularly gets excited about a new plugin addon thats amazing for 2/3 days then is un-watchable. I paid good money for a good service and I am very happy.

Can you tell me where you bought your mag 250 box from as it seems ideal for me

This is the system I have been using since last August or so...with the Mag 250 box .... I believe now they have an updated box.... (so could be a different number now? There is a firmware update for the 250 box)

There have been a few problems along the way, but generally it's very good... Problems are ironed out fairly quickly.

I think the guys providing this, are going through a learning curve in getting this going, and seem dedicated to providing a good service...

I actually learned a few things watching that video....with the date parts and seven days to catch up ! thumbsup.gif

Contact contact@myiptv.org

This is the reason you dont purchase from these outfits....many of these places have actually not much experience in what they are doing. They see what they think is a simple and cheap way to make money. They soon find themselves way in over their head. Everyday on the groups, I see guys who sell these boxes ask the most basic questions. Everyday I see SPAM posts of scams concerning "the best box". There are so many piece of crap boxes out there and even many of those have been replicated and copied. A device should NEVER need firmware upgrades to work correctly. The best way is to spend the money and purchase a "good" box from a reputable dealer. Load Kodi yourself using the Total installer build as mentioned above. Learn the system. And dont ever purchase these services. Dont kid yourself, everyone one of the sources are free from somewhere. And lastly dont fall victim to the "lifetime" scam. Many of these companies will try and sell you that option.

The world of android boxes and Kodi is vast. Do some reading and research before you dive in. Otherwise, you might be disappointed.

If you rely on free streams then you get what you pay for, if you pay a supplier then you get a guaranteed service and do not miss the match because 50'000 other people want to watch for free. My neighbour purchased a 6000THB android box and would regularly joke about us spending over 20K on our system.. lets just say that buy cheap means buy twice. He has been back and forth to Pataya goodness knows how many times and spends more time updating his box than watching it. He regularly gets excited about a new plugin addon thats amazing for 2/3 days then is un-watchable. I paid good money for a good service and I am very happy.

Can you tell me where you bought your mag 250 box from as it seems ideal for me

We purchased from a chap called Jason his e-mail is [email protected] nice guy spent time showing us how everything worked, he let us try the system for a few days before we made our decision.

Please mention that Barry in Hua Hin gave you his email!

In my opinion; XBMC, KODI, SMART BOX, ANDROID etc is best left to people that have a lot of technical knowledge and or patience, since my last post my neighbor has now purchased the same system as us.

Edited by Hua Hin Barry

Kodi which is just xbmc renamed and updated, is software i.e. a program. I dont know what smart box is but I assume its just another name for "android box". Android is an os just like windows, linux or ios. Learn this yourself and dont get fooled into this fly by night dealers selling copied boxes which by the way MANY if not most are running on an Android os.

This is the reason you dont purchase from these outfits....many of these places have actually not much experience in what they are doing. They see what they think is a simple and cheap way to make money. They soon find themselves way in over their head. Everyday on the groups, I see guys who sell these boxes ask the most basic questions. Everyday I see SPAM posts of scams concerning "the best box". There are so many piece of crap boxes out there and even many of those have been replicated and copied. A device should NEVER need firmware upgrades to work correctly. The best way is to spend the money and purchase a "good" box from a reputable dealer. Load Kodi yourself using the Total installer build as mentioned above. Learn the system. And dont ever purchase these services. Dont kid yourself, everyone one of the sources are free from somewhere. And lastly dont fall victim to the "lifetime" scam. Many of these companies will try and sell you that option.

The world of android boxes and Kodi is vast. Do some reading and research before you dive in. Otherwise, you might be disappointed.

I have to contradict you on a couple of points.

(1) Firmware updates may be a necessity, for security reasons at least. Or they may offer new features. Having said that, my provider takes care of it and they are delivered OTA and installed the next time the box is cycled. I've never had a problem. Infomir are the ones that do the firmware updates for the Mag250 and they wouldn't release a new version without good reason.

(2) As has been well publicised (including in this thread), the "free" services of which you speak are unreliable and many of them come and go. Kodi is a nice to have but I will not rely on it to work one minute before a footy game I want to watch. I'd rather have a guarantee that I can watch it in English on the channel of my choice at the time it's being broadcast. Which is what I get for what I consider a nominal sum considering what I'd have to pay where I live.

I have "good" boxes and I like Kodi for the variety it offers, but it will not replace a reliable service, which I have now. It's more of an enhancement. I run it on my tablet and it's great to stick a match or the news on in the background while I'm watching a movie or whatever.

What I have noticed is that some of the people reboxing Kodi addons as a "managed" service and then outsourcing it to resellers are giving reseller status to some fly by night pin money TEFLers or bar owners in Pattaya, who are happy to flog their service but haven't got a clue what its about and are prone to a disappearing act, as has already happened with some..

But you are right, best to be careful who you go with, a lot of them are simply resellers and will run away at the first sign of problems.

Edited by Chicog

I never update firmware, and I never have computer problems. Quickest way to kill a computer is that done by a novice individual. The firmware updates are required because the box builders are just fly by night and dont do homework and ensure their equipment is up to current standards.

I can understand about you wanting to have "reliable service" me, I dont care about that and have no problem watching things days later. Kodi is perfect for me.

Recently have notice lifetime plans. Extremely bad choice of services.

Nope. Ive made it a point to never update a computer bios or any other driver unless, the need cannot be avoided. I have never flashed a bios on any computer I have owned or administered. Ive actively used computers since the first microsoft windows was deployed. If things are working, dont screw with them.

Nope. Ive made it a point to never update a computer bios or any other driver unless, the need cannot be avoided. I have never flashed a bios on any computer I have owned or administered. Ive actively used computers since the first microsoft windows was deployed. If things are working, dont screw with them.

Like I said, you're doing it wrong.

Your choice of course.

I'm a flashaholic with Android Devices. I play around with them until I get something I like.

My Satellite Set Top Box does firmware updates when they reconfigure downlink streams and channel lineups.

Very rare that I would need to flash a PC motherboard BIOS but I've done it in the past to give a data bus higher thoughput, and to solve data corruption errors due to a v1 BIOS flaw on another. If the OEM is just adding compatibility to a device I don't own, then I don't touch it.

Your choice of course.

Ok ill bite why am I wrong?

Your choice of course.

Ok ill bite why am I wrong?

Because there are often perfectly good reasons for installing new firmware.

E.g. from this very forum:

"For any of you using a Samsung 840EVO SSD (like me...I have their 512GB model), Samsung has just released (a few days ago) new firmware to fix slow read/write issues some owners may have experienced".

Another, from Apple: "This firmware update addresses possible intermittent flickering and compatibility issues."

Etc. Etc. You should at least see what firmware updates are for before you choose to disregard them.

Edited by Chicog

Hi, can you please confirm what addon your screenshot is from?

Thks

So as promised last night here is a snapshot from Kodi with FTV guide enabled and watching NAT GEO WILD and the show Monster Fish ironic the show is about catfishing in Thailand this morning. You can see the stream bottom right. When watching it is full scream, I just have it set like that for photo op. If anyone has questions on how to do this please let me know. Many youtube videos on this and also many facebook groups to help out. Cheers and food luck ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1427509431.141938.jpg

Edited by tezzaaa

What a pain! mad.gif1zgarz5.gif Only thing with free streamings is you cannot complain or speak to anyone about it!

The chap we got our box off is on whatsapp and on my facebook messengering gizmo so any niggles or questions I have had have been sorted out in minutes, they even put the big fight on the other week at no extra charge so cannot moan about that. Sometimes early in the morning a message will come up on the screen saying something like "We are working on changing some channels so you may find some channels will be off over the next 2-3 hours" but they all seem to work so looks like they do any fiddling around during the early hours.

I am borrowing my next door neighbors android box at the weekend and going to see how I get on having a fiddle around as we have a spare TV set in the study / spare room I am interested in the free stuff and possibly foreign language films with English subtitles, it can be difficult getting the remote back once the Mrs has it. I shall report back how I get on & any tips or help would be welcomed, anyway must dash as Wheeler Dealers is on Discovery Turbo.wai.gif

post-209707-0-87930500-1432111641_thumb.

Edited by Hua Hin Barry

That was from FTV guide and the free streams add on. The free streams has changed now and is mostly not english.

I fiddled around with the Electronic Program Guides on my PC Kodi installs some ways back, and ended up giving up after tearing my hair out a bit.

One challenge was finding the right/best/up-to-date data file containing the various channel links that needs to be fed into your guide. That file always seems to be changing, going out of date, and there are different files from different sources, making it hard to have any clear idea where to go.

Second challenge was, after installing the link for one of those channel files into my EPG, I had literally hundreds of channels suddenly listed in the guide -- most of which I had no interest in. So then it became a hassle trying to go in and get rid of the countless superfluous channels in order to bring the ones I actually wanted to watch to the top of my guide.

I still use Kodi, like Genesis and other apps there. But trying to deal with the EPG in its current state, AFAIK, was a royal pain in the A**.

Couple weeks back I was using iptv stalker with ivue. It was rockin! Then as usual somebody <deleted> with stuff and it stopped. Its back up and running again. Hushham has a good list 150+ channels that he keeps updated. I use that with simple client works great. Ill probably map my ivue to it next week

• 4 weeks later...

Hello
There are new TV Box
am just testing, many TV channels with replay function
got the TV Box for 7500 THB
without additional monthly cost !!
there are continually new channels with the automatic update

channels
English more 23
France 42
Italy 23
Nor. Sw. Den. 28
Sport 19
Kurdistan 48
Persia 20
Poland?
Arabia 5
Turkey more 150
Ukraine more 200

Reports you, after extensive testing
sorry for my bad English

Hello

There are new TV Box

channels

English more 23 France 42 Italy 23 Nor. Sw. Den. 28 Sport 19 Kurdistan 48 Persia 20

Poland? Arabia 5 Turkey more 150 Ukraine more 200

sorry for my bad English

Does the box sing and dance, make mixed drinks? Otherwise I'm going to say you overpaid by about 4000 THB.

Edited by RichCor

Hello

There are new TV Box

channels

English more 23 France 42 Italy 23 Nor. Sw. Den. 28 Sport 19 Kurdistan 48 Persia 20

Poland? Arabia 5 Turkey more 150 Ukraine more 200

sorry for my bad English

Does the box sing and dance, make mixed drinks? Otherwise I'm going to say you overpaid by about 4000 THB.

Or Bt6000 (Amazon Fire TV Stick + Shipping).

biggrin.png

I borrowed the neighbours android iptv box (cost him 6K in Pattaya) and have been trying to set it up for basic UK TV such as BBC and ITV etc.

I spent couple of hours watching some videos about XBMC & KODI on Youtube taking notes and pausing when needed, have so far spent about six hours messing about with this box and not really got anywhere with it, much to the Mrs enjoyment as she has had charge of the remote control to our MAG 250 box in the living room for the past couple of weeks in the evenings after tea whilst I have been fiddling around in my study. I wanted to avoid the cost of buying another MAG250.

Android Box for the study

So far; not so good. I managed to wipe the box clean as instructed and followed all the instructions to the letter, I then loaded Kodi, I then was prompted to download the updates, after this rebooted the box and was asked again to download updates. It seems that every time I turn the box on I get to the main menu and I get a message that I need to download something, this generally leaves me to make a cuppa and make a few calls although sometimes these downloads can take 30 minutes.

This week I managed to get the Filminon plugon working its a UK TV service and I can get BBC1 and ITV through this box although the adverts are annoying that keep popping up. I have tried to add on the plug ons as described on one of the Kodi set up tutorials but so far just keep getting error messages.

I must say that I am now fed up with this box, I can easily get Filmon on my PC in the study without the need of a box so unless I can get some special channels I simply cannot be bothered with it. The MAG box in the living room allows me to go back and watch what was on earlier so we can both get to see what we want although its usually me that does the catching up!

My Grandson is over in a couple of weeks, will see what he can do and report back.

I borrowed the neighbours android iptv box (cost him 6K in Pattaya) and have been trying to set it up for basic UK TV such as BBC and ITV etc.

I spent couple of hours watching some videos about XBMC & KODI on Youtube taking notes and pausing when needed, have so far spent about six hours messing about with this box and not really got anywhere with it, much to the Mrs enjoyment as she has had charge of the remote control to our MAG 250 box in the living room for the past couple of weeks in the evenings after tea whilst I have been fiddling around in my study. I wanted to avoid the cost of buying another MAG250.

Android Box for the study

So far; not so good. I managed to wipe the box clean as instructed and followed all the instructions to the letter, I then loaded Kodi, I then was prompted to download the updates, after this rebooted the box and was asked again to download updates. It seems that every time I turn the box on I get to the main menu and I get a message that I need to download something, this generally leaves me to make a cuppa and make a few calls although sometimes these downloads can take 30 minutes.

This week I managed to get the Filminon plugon working its a UK TV service and I can get BBC1 and ITV through this box although the adverts are annoying that keep popping up. I have tried to add on the plug ons as described on one of the Kodi set up tutorials but so far just keep getting error messages.

I must say that I am now fed up with this box, I can easily get Filmon on my PC in the study without the need of a box so unless I can get some special channels I simply cannot be bothered with it. The MAG box in the living room allows me to go back and watch what was on earlier so we can both get to see what we want although its usually me that does the catching up!

My Grandson is over in a couple of weeks, will see what he can do and report back.

Save yourself a load of mucking around and just install the android version of TVMC

http://www.tvaddons.ag/tvmc-android/

That was from FTV guide and the free streams add on. The free streams has changed now and is mostly not english.

I fiddled around with the Electronic Program Guides on my PC Kodi installs some ways back, and ended up giving up after tearing my hair out a bit.

One challenge was finding the right/best/up-to-date data file containing the various channel links that needs to be fed into your guide. That file always seems to be changing, going out of date, and there are different files from different sources, making it hard to have any clear idea where to go.

Second challenge was, after installing the link for one of those channel files into my EPG, I had literally hundreds of channels suddenly listed in the guide -- most of which I had no interest in. So then it became a hassle trying to go in and get rid of the countless superfluous channels in order to bring the ones I actually wanted to watch to the top of my guide.

I still use Kodi, like Genesis and other apps there. But trying to deal with the EPG in its current state, AFAIK, was a royal pain in the A**.

You can make your own custom EPG file using a program called WebGrab+Plus

http://www.webgrabplus.com/

Granted it is a bit of a pain to set up ( there is quite a bit to learn ) but once setup is done it works very well.

post-2109-0-83385500-1434872967_thumb.pn

post-2109-0-71378900-1434872992_thumb.pn

post-2109-0-12241500-1434873023_thumb.jp

post-2109-0-93402100-1434873047_thumb.jp