any feedback on this streaming TV service?

ezzra

Not everyone seems to share your experience with ilikehd.

Yes, but:

The free stuff buffers constantly and as far as I'm concerned, it's unwatchable.

No need to pay this price for free stuff.

Is just so true...

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been using XBMC and OpenElec for a long time, and you haven't mentioned any add on I haven't tried. I have 16Mb ADSL and they mostly still buffer. But maybe being in the sandpit is an issue.

BTW I've tried two android apps that are from the service mentioned in the op and they both work well, although it's an interesting selection of channels.

The best IPTV I've got is a mag250 from Spain with most of Sky TV. Near flawless.

Where do I start with your negative attitude? First paying for these services is crazy. Everyone of these paid services are stolen digital signals just like all the free ones. Again, why pay for something that is free? There are plenty of free. Shared .mu3 lists out there for simple client that are updated frequently. Many of these free channel sources are the exact same ones you pay for. Also, the new Robin Hood addon has many live streaming TV channels that work great. It only just came out this week and if you havent downloaded it recently then....

Kodi does not have TV enabled. Its up to the user to config for own use. Just because you dont have Kodi configured correctly with working addons, doesn't mean Kodi or addons suck. MANY youtube tutorials and facebook user groups that share great lists, sites and tips.

In the end if a person wants to pay for something that is free....up to them.

I've been using XBMC and OpenElec for a long time, and you haven't mentioned any add on I haven't tried. I have 16Mb ADSL and they mostly still buffer. But maybe being in the sandpit is an issue.

BTW I've tried two android apps that are from the service mentioned in the op and they both work well, although it's an interesting selection of channels.

The best IPTV I've got is a mag250 from Spain with most of Sky TV. Near flawless.

Where do I start with your negative attitude? First paying for these services is crazy. Everyone of these paid services are stolen digital signals just like all the free ones. Again, why pay for something that is free? There are plenty of free. Shared .mu3 lists out there for simple client that are updated frequently. Many of these free channel sources are the exact same ones you pay for. Also, the new Robin Hood addon has many live streaming TV channels that work great. It only just came out this week and if you havent downloaded it recently then....

Kodi does not have TV enabled. Its up to the user to config for own use. Just because you dont have Kodi configured correctly with working addons, doesn't mean Kodi or addons suck. MANY youtube tutorials and facebook user groups that share great lists, sites and tips.

In the end if a person wants to pay for something that is free....up to them.

Why do you think I don't know how to use Kodi?

coffee1.gif

post-198680-14274518096754_thumb.jpg

post-198680-1427451845176_thumb.jpg

This is why you dont pay for TV anymore. This is the Kodi addon AAA Live TV. As you can see in the first pic there are many categories to select your live streaming media from.in the second pic notice bottom right hand corner the 359 steams which is actually only 357. All the streams I want to watch work just fine. Of course once in a while one wont be working but thats the same even with paid sites. The guy who runs this addon does a wonderful job of up keeping and ensuring the links work. And he does it for free nobody pays him a penny.

Once you do a paradigm shift from having to pay for cable or something, you will see all the opportunities that are out there for on-line media.

This is just one of hundreds of different Kodi add-ons available for FREE.

The common denominator is FREE. Dont get scammed into pay services anymore.

No really it isnt. The streams are the exact same ones the pay sites provide. There are many great quality HD streams out there also. Do you think the Chinese, Thai or other foreign companies pay for these streams from the US and GB? No way! Actually the developers of Kodi and all the add ons do it for free for the world. Nobody pays them a penny. I think its a great information sharing technology still in its infancy. Its very much threatening the cable providers around the world. Im working on FTV right now trying to get it setup. Ill take a couple snapshots of it tomorrow so you can see what you are missing. Dont be such a Debbie Downer there Chicog :)

No really it isnt. The streams are the exact same ones the pay sites provide. There are many great quality HD streams out there also. Do you think the Chinese, Thai or other foreign companies pay for these streams from the US and GB? No way! Actually the developers of Kodi and all the add ons do it for free for the world. Nobody pays them a penny. I think its a great information sharing technology still in its infancy. Its very much threatening the cable providers around the world. Im working on FTV right now trying to get it setup. Ill take a couple snapshots of it tomorrow so you can see what you are missing. Dont be such a Debbie Downer there Chicog smile.png

"The streams are the exact same ones the pay sites provide."

Where do you think these streams come from?

2fishin2 - I tried downloading the zip file from http://aaastream.com/ and installing it to XMBC/Minix but a error message appears saying something about the 'layout' of the zip file being wrong.

Do you have a link to a different download site?

Cheers

Mick

And right there is why some people would prefer to find a reliable, commercial (yes, still illegal) stream.

biggrin.png

Hey, don't get me involved in your argument. I already subscribe to True, CTH, ILikeHD and ThaiExpat.tv!

I subscribe to BeIn Sports and a dodgy Sky service.

But I use Kodi as well, maybe when my fibre connection comes.....

biggrin.png

I could give you the details of a free service without proxy or vpn that gives you all the UK freeview channels - it does exist so have a look around - no boxes or subscription required so they do exist

Uh huh, but as soon as a few more people find the links, all the sudden they get over-subscribed and it's crap for everyone - then it gets shut down.

This cycle just repeats, and repeats and repeats..... That's why we have all these posters here saying "but, but but, I just found a new plugin that works!", rather than "hang on, this plugin I got two years ago still works".

I think the bottom line is, people like Chicog and myself do know what we're missing - the constant here-today-gone-tommorrow-stream-and-plugins merry-go-round ;)

Why were all my posts deleted? My argument is valid and relevant to topic. I was showing that you can get the same and even better service free. And it is legal. Could somebody please explain? At least have the courtesy to send a message to a poster and have human interaction....

So as promised last night here is a snapshot from Kodi with FTV guide enabled and watching NAT GEO WILD and the show Monster Fish ironic the show is about catfishing in Thailand this morning. You can see the stream bottom right. When watching it is full scream, I just have it set like that for photo op. If anyone has questions on how to do this please let me know. Many youtube videos on this and also many facebook groups to help out. Cheers and food luckpost-198680-14275094542552_thumb.jpg

This has been my experience with some of the various options mentioned above, with me living in BKK with a True cable 18 Mbps connection.

--ILikeHD - In the months I've had this service, it's streamed perfectly fine almost all of the time. The only big channel changes I've seen with them was having and then losing CNBC, and having and then losing ASN (the latter I gather due to a TrueVisions lineup change). Other than those, their channel lineup has been pretty stable and their streams usually OK -- though, you do have to have a Thai IP in order to access the service.

The one thing I find discouraging about the ILikeHD service is the lack of any kind of program guide that would give you any sense of what's on at any time with any of their channels. There are ways to tackle that, such as looking to TrueVisions online program guide, but that's not a complete or convenient solution.

--KODI - I break down this option into two very different sectors: video on demand vs. live streams.

--Once you get past the learning curve and what addons to install and set up, I've found the video on demand aspects of Kodi to be great. On apps like Genesis, you can find pretty much any movie and TV series you want, usually with your choice of SD or HD formats. And those stream fine here for me.

--However, I've found Kodi's live broadcast streams aspect to be very difficult and poor, especially for any quality commercial broadcasts that are originating from the U.S. You run an addon, go to its streams list, and 1/2 to 3/4s of them usually don't work. On the flip side, the UK streams aspect of Kodi seems to be much better with much more readily accessible and working streams.

If I want to watch streaming live TV from the U.S., I'd use USTVNow's free service (which also is available as a Kodi addon), but that only provides the major over the air networks -- not he main cable networks. If I wanted the main U.S. cable networks, I'd probably pay $20+ a month for a newer streaming service like SlingTV, which gives you channels like ESPN, CNN, TNT, TBS, AMC, etc.

But the downside of either of those approaches is the time-shift issue between the U.S. and Thailand. The primetime hours in the U.S. are the morning hours in Thailand. And the free version of USTVNow has no DVR/recording feature available. And the SlingTV paid service has only limited look-back capability, and little to none for the highest profile channels like ESPN and CNN.

All of that has pushed me more and more into the video on demand realm, via Kodi apps like Genesis and one of the paid streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu etc. That way, I don't have to deal with the time shift problem, or the lack of the programming guides on most of the Thai local solutions like ILikeHD. And instead, I can just peruse the available selections and watch what I want, when I want -- without worrying about anyone else's programming schedule. I'm setting my own schedule instead.

Im not great with computers but, I wouldnt call myself illiterate. When I first installed Kodi, I was overwhelmed. I then downloaded the TVaddons version and was able to work through the beginning learning curve. There are hundreds of BS addons that are pretty much worthless however, there are some very good addons eg Genesis, 1Channel, AAA live, Robin Hood and a few more. Like TG said the time difference makes watching home country shows real time pretty much useless. I do watch live streams when the opportunity arrises but, its much better to watch TV and movies with video on demand. My next step is teaching myself to find the urls and making my own playlists.

But the downside of either of those approaches is the time-shift issue between the U.S. and Thailand. The primetime hours in the U.S. are the morning hours in Thailand.

You may already be aware, but MaigeTV does 7 days of time shifting for most if it's live channels. Unless you can read Chinese, the EPG isn't much use though :(

And since some of my posts yesterday were lost to the TV black worm hole, here are some snapshots of AAA live streams. Notice the number of channels on the bottom right hand corner....this addon is one of Kodi's best.

post-198680-14275191855349_thumb.jpg

post-198680-14275191643644_thumb.jpg

There is another aspect not yet mentioned. On my "Sky Box" I consistently get decent picture quality.

As an exercise I stuck AAA on a barebones GBox MX2/Kodi 14.2 and every single channel is crap quality.

Edited by Chicog

Can you tell me where I can buy a "Android TV Box" today?

I stay in rawai - maybe they have some boxes inside homepro or big lotus chalong?

I know I can order over lazada, but I want to buy a box today.

What box can you recomment?

Regards