Tour Buses are making Pattaya almost undriveable

1BADDAT

I just go to see a friend in Na Jomtien. I used Jomtien 2nd Road, Beach Rd. and Trappaya Rd. I'm repeating myself when i say that the buses use this roads as a racetrack.

Downhill Trappaya Rd. to Jomtien they run at least 80-90kmh...occasionally even faster.

If someone mention that this kind of speed is not too hard on this roads then he don't know this area. Instead of enforce the laws they only blocking more and more u-turns. This causes more dangerous situations since mopeds like to use every small space between the blocks to pass it..

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make it all one way,no right turns

Is the Chinese probably Koreans,few Indian buses,bumper to bumper down Naklua road,loads of 'em.It becomes spot the white man drinking and eating down that road loads of em gawking,camera shots galore at white man,all pouring one side of the bus to the other when white man is spotted.

Cattle trucks easily springs to mind cattle trucks,feel like giving them the finger but turning your back on them achieves .

If that lot make for a tourist town god help it

For a 'white man' living in Southeast Asia, you've got some serious issues around race, particularly when each of the nationalities you've just named have large cities that are a hell of a lot closer than anything in the UK, US or Australia/NZ. We talk about the Thais being xenophobic and openly racist to their neighbours - might be time to take a glance in your mirror. Take a look at the cultures which have shaped Thailand and it doesnt take long to realise that the Chinese and Indians have been a major influence for centuries. Do you really care if a few people on a bus turn their heads to look at you ? For many of them, it could well be their first trip to Thailand - I'm guessing you did some rubbernecking the first time you got off the plane.

Grow up and accept that the world - particularly this part of the world - doesnt revolve around you.

Make it all one way,no right turns

Is the Chinese probably Koreans,few Indian buses,bumper to bumper down Naklua road,loads of 'em.It becomes spot the white man drinking and eating down that road loads of em gawking,camera shots galore at white man,all pouring one side of the bus to the other when white man is spotted.

Cattle trucks easily springs to mind cattle trucks,feel like giving them the finger but turning your back on them achieves .

If that lot make for a tourist town god help it

For a 'white man' living in Southeast Asia, you've got some serious issues around race, particularly when each of the nationalities you've just named have large cities that are a hell of a lot closer than anything in the UK, US or Australia/NZ. We talk about the Thais being xenophobic and openly racist to their neighbours - might be time to take a glance in your mirror. Take a look at the cultures which have shaped Thailand and it doesnt take long to realise that the Chinese and Indians have been a major influence for centuries. Do you really care if a few people on a bus turn their heads to look at you ? For many of them, it could well be their first trip to Thailand - I'm guessing you did some rubbernecking the first time you got off the plane.

Grow up and accept that the world - particularly this part of the world - doesnt revolve around you.

Mr Worldwide commenting yet again,but then loads of comments come springing forth!

"Few people" rubbernecking "few" never experienced it,never sat there Naklua bars restaurants,the buses virtually tip over with the enthused gushing and observation of white man,poring and pouring one side to the other.

Do not give a hoot if first trip,last trip or whatever,the only trip I am planning on is getting the hell out of it,you can keep it,this part of the world. Yes I admit after New Zealand the nearest public loo must feel like an adventure and a half,get sat on it and hoping its not muslimised.

But in the meantime they get the finger

... the buses virtually tip over with the enthused gushing and observation of white man,poring and pouring one side to the other... Do not give a hoot if first trip,last trip or whatever,the only trip I am planning on is getting the hell out of it,you can keep it,this part of the world. ...

Pictures or it never, ever happened.

Nah... it never happened anyway.

Must give you a warm fuzzy feeling knowing there's a door somewhere waiting for your ars3e.

Edited by NanLaew

... the buses virtually tip over with the enthused gushing and observation of white man,poring and pouring one side to the other... Do not give a hoot if first trip,last trip or whatever,the only trip I am planning on is getting the hell out of it,you can keep it,this part of the world. ...

Pictures or it never, ever happened.

Nah... it never happened anyway.

Must give you a warm fuzzy feeling knowing there's a door somewhere waiting for your ars3e.

Even better when I know what I'm leaving behind oops!

The big ugly rolling barns have made many parts of Chiang Mai un-driveable and and dangerous...they should NOT be allowed up Doi Suthep and many other small curvy roads...they are a menace and pain in the ass.
STOP the buses.

Mr Worldwide commenting yet again,but then loads of comments come springing forth!

"Few people" rubbernecking "few" never experienced it,never sat there Naklua bars restaurants,the buses virtually tip over with the enthused gushing and observation of white man,poring and pouring one side to the other.

Do not give a hoot if first trip,last trip or whatever,the only trip I am planning on is getting the hell out of it,you can keep it,this part of the world. Yes I admit after New Zealand the nearest public loo must feel like an adventure and a half,get sat on it and hoping its not muslimised.

But in the meantime they get the finger

Last time I checked, NZ has been very popular with Chinese looking for a backdoor into Oz - you may be leaping from the pan straight into the fire.

http://www.scmp.com/news/china-insider/article/1442525/china-top-country-origin-fresh-new-zealand-immigrants

Connor Brady, director of the Hamilton-based New Life Global immigration consultancy, said the focus of his business over the last half a decade had shifted from Europe and North America to Asia.

Currently some 35 per cent of his clients come from China, with around the same number coming from India.

Chinese and Indians, but apparently these are the 'rich' variety. Perhaps you'll spend your days staring at them, wondering how the hell they can afford to sit around in cafes drinking coffee and eating overpriced food.

Floating markets on Sukhumvit road

buses are parked often 3 deep

now when you are doing 90 -100 K along there and suddenly everyone is turning to the far right lane (the only lane left) then you have a problem

a disaster waiting to happen

beach road Jomtien the buses park on the wrong side and let the tourist open the baggage lockers on the side of the bus and then walk them across the road - the baggage locker doors are enough to block the traffic - but hey who cares

the turn into the bus terminal in Jomtien where the super market is - the buses are parked in the red zone and so when you are leaving the supermarket you cant see oncoming traffic - so its a bit hit and miss - I have seen plenty of hits there.

but hey this is Thailand

• 2 months later...

i started a post on tour buses 2 years ago,i saw this comeing ,I live in soi1 beach rd,these buses have changed pattaya,these drivers have no idea how to drive in a city to them sukumvit and beach rd are the same,they think beach rd has a fast lane so they flash their lights and blow their horn''big important bus comeing thru'' ,last year we had mabey one bus a day come down soi 1 now they all use it as a short cut,pattaya beach is just a on and off loading daock for the tour groups to get to the parasail on time then it is all the buses off to the evening buffet....nice work pattaya...thais can ruin anything...sawadee no crap

I used to walk Soi 13 off Third Road to get to Buakhao for a few years. Never ever saw a bus. This year, on many nights all traffic is blocked completely by big buses turning into a hotel from this tiny lane-and-a-half wide road. The bus tour groups are taking over Pattaya and area.