Thai Education system - Simple questions

What about the hospitality indusrty? The Asean Mutual Recognition Arrangements on Tourism Professionals awards a certificate for demonstrated tourism skills. The cretificate allows a person to work in any Asean country. English is a requirement for this. If she gets an international degree in tourism or hospitality she could increase her chances for jobs after study.

But poorly paid. But then, money isn't everything.

One of the sexy degrees for the lazy students. rolleyes.gif

• 5 weeks later...

First thanks to every one for their past comments and advice , I thought I would update the progress of my wife's sister and her daughters quest to enter a university .

So far , the daughter has been offered a place at Suranaree University of Technology in Korat ( Engineering )

She has all so just been offered a place at Khon Kaen University ( studying Environmental Science )

I'm not really sure what the future career prospects would be for some one studying '' Environmental Science '' in Thailand , any one have any thoughts or comments ? - Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

First thanks to every one for their past comments and advice , I thought I would update the progress of my wife's sister and her daughters quest to enter a university .

So far , the daughter has been offered a place at Suranaree University of Technology in Korat ( Engineering )

She has all so just been offered a place at Khon Kaen University ( studying Environmental Science )

I'm not really sure what the future career prospects would be for some one studying '' Environmental Science '' in Thailand , any one have any thoughts or comments ? - Thanks

Khon Kaen univ is a significantly stronger uni reputationwise, which matters a lot in gett a job. Also the major is less math heavy if that is a concern.

Khon Kaen univ is a significantly stronger uni reputationwise, which matters a lot in gett a job. Also the major is less math heavy if that is a concern.

Thanks for the comment

The daughters math grades are above average , one of the things that made me wonder was that after passing the Khon Kaen university entrance exam for environmental science ( only 70 places were on offer at the time ) the oral entrance exam was carried out on a one to one basis with an interviewer and it was conducted in the English language only .

Thankfully the daughter's ability to converse in English is above average .

Ive looked at the Khon Kaen university's web site and I found it a bit fuzzy in its description on just what some one who finally receives a degree for environmental science, can finally expect in the way of a career path and employment prospects once they leave the university.

I'm wondering just what sort of employment opportunities would be available for an environmental science , female graduate ?

Archived