Koh Samui: Teenagers Gang Fight In Chaweng – One Dead, One Injured

webfact

Teenagers Gang Fight in Chaweng – One Dead, One Injured

KOH SAMUI: - At 5 a.m. on March 22, Pol.Lt. Yossakorn Thongnoon, the Samui District Police Station’s case officer, after being informed of a murder in the parking lot of a famous pub in Chaweng, went to investigate the crime scene with Pol.Col. Thavej Pleumsood, Pol.Col. Chaiyan Bandit, Pol.Lt.Col. Denduang Thongsrisook, Pol.Lt.Col. Apichat Chansamred, Samui Hospital medical team, and Samui Volunteer Rescue Unit.

On arrival police and rescue workers discovered fifteen year-old Mr. Piyapong Phromchan who had been stabbed several times in his chest and back. The boy died shortly after being rushed to the hospital.

At the same time, some of the officers were called to Laemdin Market after being informed of a shooting. On arrival there they discovered Mr. Manee Sooksri, 26, severely injured from a gunshot at his left hip and right leg he was also sent to the hospital. During their investigation, the officers found that Mr. Manee was the suspect who stabbed Mr. Piyapong to death, he was subsequently taken into custody.

During their inquiries police discovered that before the fight took place, the injured, the deceased, and five of their friends were drinking in a pub in Chaweng. They, then, got into a fight. During the altercation Mr. Piyapong was stabbed. After the stabbing the group of people who killed Mr. Piyapong attempted to escape, but Mr. Manee was shot by one of the deceased’s friends who pursued him. The investigation team examined the security cameras in the area, and identified those who committed the crime as teenagers local to the area, the police are confident they will soon apprehend all of the suspects involved in both the shooting and the stabbing.

National news reports suggest that local people feel that the dawn raid carried out by police and army soldiers last week was less than a success, and that the raid only resulted in the seizure of licensed firearms, leaving many illegal firearms in the hands of local young gangs. They said they had been promised an end to gun crime in Samui but only a few hours later one lay dead and another one wounded.

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2015-03-24

"National news reports suggest that local people feel that the dawn raid carried out by police and army soldiers last week was less than a success, and that the raid only resulted in the seizure of licensed firearms, leaving many illegal firearms in the hands of local young gangs. They said they had been promised an end to gun crime in Samui but only a few hours later one lay dead and another one wounded."

What did I say before?

All that raid was a waste of time.

Costas is correct........most of the time.............listen to me.............

May the deceased Rests in Peace and they all get what they deserve.

• Like 2

"National news reports suggest that local people feel that the dawn raid carried out by police and army soldiers last week was less than a success, and that the raid only resulted in the seizure of licensed firearms, leaving many illegal firearms in the hands of local young gangs. They said they had been promised an end to gun crime in Samui but only a few hours later one lay dead and another one wounded."

What did I say before?

You did, I read it.

Another Koh Samui free advertisement for their tourism industry. All these reports reach internet tourist bloggers and eventually and they build up an unwanted reputation for KS and Thailand in general. Famous pubs need to be avoided as one never knows why they are famous.

I'm with costas on this one. Murders on the Island are reaching epidemic! And they don't care when or where! Murders in front of tourists are damaging the tourist industry on Samui. Something has to change!

Yes epidemic proportions, we better all get out now whilst there is still time.

What did I say before?

Costas you can say what you like. Have you looked at all the crime figures in Thailand? What do you know about Samui? IMHO nothing. It's just another incident that can take place anywhere, when youth are drinking or fuelled up on a substance.

So please get off your high horse laugh.png , It's Thailand , could happen anywhere. Stop the nitpicking.wink.png

Alas costas is correct.

The murder rate here has rocketed over the last 6 months. At least 2-3 people a week are getting killed !!

Why this happening i have no idea but the police did not even scratch the surface with their raids. This place is still full of guns!

As for looking at the crime figures for Thailand im sure they are quite large but samui is one small island with far less residents than Bangkok etc.

So im sure the murders per person ratio are far larger here . Not to mention if you add the bike deaths every week!!

Edited by Rooo
separated quote & reply

I'm with costas on this one. Murders on the Island are reaching epidemic! And they don't care when or where! Murders in front of tourists are damaging the tourist industry on Samui. Something has to change!

Yea, I remember the good old days when murderers had the decency to carry out their acts of courage behind closed doors, for the sake of tourism..,

• Like 1

It shows again what kind of people the local Samuians are. Especially the younger ones, who think they rule the island.

The same can be said about Phangan and Tao. Sad to see a once paradise is destroyed by greed and macho behaviour.

It shows again what kind of people the local Samuians are. Especially the younger ones, who think they rule the island.

The same can be said about Phangan and Tao. Sad to see a once paradise is destroyed by greed and macho behaviour.

The Places mentioned are populated with criminals - stay away and let them scam and kill each other

The Places mentioned are populated with criminals - stay away and let them scam and kill each other

and do you really think that there are no criminals where you live?

• Like 2