Prayut threatens to hold onto power indefinitely

webfact

Of all the Thai's I know where I am 100% are very happy with the current situation.

All of this 'personal freedoms' and even 'democracy' are over rated - why do we need full personal freedoms? Should we have the freedom to rob a bank? Should we have the freedom to destroy someone's life by maliciously and falsely accusing them of rape? Should we have the freedom of attacking someone's faith - resulting in the loss of innocent lives as a result of this? Should we have the freedom to blow up children in the name of political disagreements, I don't think that we should.

They didn't usurp power from a functioning government as the Yingluck has never been one and they had relinquished power BEFORE your so called coup.

Forget people's rights and freedoms and just compare the difference in how people generally are feeling with life post-coup NB: this excludes those that are protesting against the legitimacy of this government as they are not happy simply because Prayuth has denied them their precious personal freedoms.

Marshal law is harmless if you abide by the law - if you set off explosions, try to create disharmony, interfere with Prayuth's work by spreading lies about his accomplishments (of which there are many) then you may be taken in and receive a ticking off about your behaviour.

Just forget all of the freedoms, democracy and the fact that we have marshal law for a few months and 'real' democracy will come with greatly reduced corruption abuses and your personal freedoms!! Let him finish his valuable work and Thailand will be a different place to what Thai's have had to put up with in the past.

Of all the Thai's I know where I am 100% are very happy with the current situation.

All of this 'personal freedoms' and even 'democracy' are over rated - why do we need full personal freedoms? Should we have the freedom to rob a bank? Should we have the freedom to destroy someone's life by maliciously and falsely accusing them of rape? Should we have the freedom of attacking someone's faith - resulting in the loss of innocent lives as a result of this? Should we have the freedom to blow up children in the name of political disagreements, I don't think that we should.

They didn't usurp power from a functioning government as the Yingluck has never been one and they had relinquished power BEFORE your so called coup.

Forget people's rights and freedoms and just compare the difference in how people generally are feeling with life post-coup NB: this excludes those that are protesting against the legitimacy of this government as they are not happy simply because Prayuth has denied them their precious personal freedoms.

Marshal law is harmless if you abide by the law - if you set off explosions, try to create disharmony, interfere with Prayuth's work by spreading lies about his accomplishments (of which there are many) then you may be taken in and receive a ticking off about your behaviour.

Just forget all of the freedoms, democracy and the fact that we have marshal law for a few months and 'real' democracy will come with greatly reduced corruption abuses and your personal freedoms!! Let him finish his valuable work and Thailand will be a different place to what Thai's have had to put up with in the past.

Where is this place where 100% of the Thai Citizens are happy ?

My friends in the South and well educated (mostly Thai teachers) although none them are rich, just happy with life as it is.

Edited by lucky11

My friends in the South and well educated (mostly Thai teachers) although none them are rich, just happy with life as it is.

That makes sense. In Issan and in the north, the sentiment is quite different. But as you are happy, its okay then.

The children who sadly died who many like to attribute to Yinglucks government do this to stir hatred. It was a cowardly act perpetrated by loathsome individuals. Constantly blaming Yingluck and her party for the death of these children is also cowardly.

How is it Taiwan and Japan are able to achieve functioning, representative governments and allow its people personal freedoms where Thailand cannot ? Please answer the question without blaming Yingluck for something, If you can.

That makes sense. In Issan and in the north, the sentiment is quite different. But as you are happy, its okay then.

The children who sadly died who many like to attribute to Yinglucks government do this to stir hatred. It was a cowardly act perpetrated by loathsome individuals. Constantly blaming Yingluck and her party for the death of these children is also cowardly.

How is it Taiwan and Japan are able to achieve functioning, representative governments and allow its people personal freedoms where Thailand cannot ? Please answer the question without blaming Yingluck for something, If you can.

Can I blame the red shirts who cheered on one of their vitriol filled stages when they heard about it then?

Can I blame Yingluck about the rice farmers plight after they amassed massive debts and struggled to survive then - she is part of the equation and will not get away without criticism on your say so? I thought that you was a fan of freedom of speech for all, not only when it suits you!!

I can see why your thinking is this way now you state where you reside - ask them what they think about how the rice scam worked out for them!! Good idea, well executed, yes? When did they stop believing the government lies about the cheque arriving next week?

Yes, I am happy thank you - but I am always happy. If I was to say what the people down South are most happy with it is the 'death' of the Shinawatra's.

We will get a functioning, representative government once co-operation in achieving the mechanism for this is allowed to proceed without hindrance.

Sorry about not mentioning Yingluck (see I've done it again) but you shouldn't try to suppress me given your strong beliefs on this principle.

Can I blame the red shirts who cheered on one of their vitriol filled stages when they heard about it then?

Can I blame Yingluck about the rice farmers plight after they amassed massive debts and struggled to survive then - she is part of the equation and will not get away without criticism on your say so? I thought that you was a fan of freedom of speech for all, not only when it suits you!!

I can see why your thinking is this way now you state where you reside - ask them what they think about how the rice scam worked out for them!! Good idea, well executed, yes? When did they stop believing the government lies about the cheque arriving next week?

Yes, I am happy thank you - but I am always happy. If I was to say what the people down South are most happy with it is the 'death' of the Shinawatra's.

We will get a functioning, representative government once co-operation in achieving the mechanism for this is allowed to proceed without hindrance.

Sorry about not mentioning Yingluck (see I've done it again) but you shouldn't try to suppress me given your strong beliefs on this principle.

Your are entitled to your blinding hatred and beliefs regardless as to how toxic and vitriolic they may be. Was just curious if you could write something without blaming Yingluck.

"Can I blame the red shirts who cheered on one of their vitriol filled stages when they heard about it then?" So you are stating unequivocally that the death of innocent children was celebrated by Red Shirt politicos ? Is there a link to this unbelievable behavior ?

Your are entitled to your blinding hatred and beliefs regardless as to how toxic and vitriolic they may be. Was just curious if you could write something without blaming Yingluck.

"Can I blame the red shirts who cheered on one of their vitriol filled stages when they heard about it then?" So you are stating unequivocally that the death of innocent children was celebrated by Red Shirt politicos ? Is there a link to this unbelievable behavior ?

There are several so try Alt Thai news and put in the words Thailand Thaksins red shirts & the ongoing violence.

It happened just over a year ago on Feb 14th 2014 - I was shocked and sickened by what I read as it is a multitude of times worse than I thought it had been.

This is what I understand the red shirts to be and I hate the hard liners even more now having just read this sickening article - not all of them (red shirts) mind you, as I'm sure that a majority are sincere (just misguided and gullible) when someone promises the earth (but delivers nothing but problems) it is understandable!! Its just a shame they were let down so badly and abandoned when they ceased to serve any useful purpose.

Edited by lucky11

There are several so try Alt Thai news and put in the words Thailand Thaksins red shirts & the ongoing violence.

It happened just over a year ago on Feb 14th 2014 - I was shocked and sickened by what I read as it is a multitude of times worse than I thought it had been.

This is what I understand the red shirts to be and I hate the hard liners even more now having just read this sickening article - not all of them (red shirts) mind you, as I'm sure that a majority are sincere (just misguided and gullible) when someone promises the earth (but delivers nothing but problems) it is understandable!! Its just a shame they were let down so badly and abandoned when they ceased to serve any useful purpose.

What do you think brought this about ? What lead to these events ? How did we get here ?

What do you think brought this about ? What lead to these events ? How did we get here ?

Thaksin, Thaksin and Thaksin.

I have just finished reading the whole article. It has clearly been written by a reporter who is no admirer of the red shirts but it puts it into perspective what they (red shirts and Thaksin) are prepared to do to achieve and get what they want. What struck me is how disposable people's lives are to him. He doesn't care about them he just uses them for his own ends and purpose.

I hope that you were affected (as I was) by this sequence of events over the past 2 years. Look at it this way - how many people have died in the past 10 months as a result of Prayut's (bloodless) coup d'etat?

No protests allowed - no deaths. Sacrificing personal freedoms for a period (no great sacrifice) - no violence other than a couple of bombs going off in unpopulated areas.

Do you still regard Prayut as the next Hitler? Is he really disrupting peoples lives in trying to bring a 'proper' democracy to Thailand and not the sham version that Thaksin delivered?

I think more red shirt supporters should read this article as it might open their eyes just exactly what Thaksin and his terrorist unit wants (at any price) and shows him up for the evil tyrant he is!!!

I have just finished reading the whole article. It has clearly been written by a reporter who is no admirer of the red shirts but it puts it into perspective what they (red shirts and Thaksin) are prepared to do to achieve and get what they want. What struck me is how disposable people's lives are to him. He doesn't care about them he just uses them for his own ends and purpose.

I hope that you were affected (as I was) by this sequence of events over the past 2 years. Look at it this way - how many people have died in the past 10 months as a result of Prayut's (bloodless) coup d'etat?

No protests allowed - no deaths. Sacrificing personal freedoms for a period (no great sacrifice) - no violence other than a couple of bombs going off in unpopulated areas.

Do you still regard Prayut as the next Hitler? Is he really disrupting peoples lives in trying to bring a 'proper' democracy to Thailand and not the sham version that Thaksin delivered?

I think more red shirt supporters should read this article as it might open their eyes just exactly what Thaksin and his terrorist unit wants (at any price) and shows him up for the evil tyrant he is!!!

" Do you still regard Prayut as the next Hitler?" Don't use those sorts of terms lightly or carelessly and comparing anyone to Hitler in this conflict would be criminal. Imagine you would agree in regards to comparing the Shinawatras to such a person would be an unjust vilification ?

" Do you still regard Prayut as the next Hitler?" Don't use those sorts of terms lightly or carelessly and comparing anyone to Hitler in this conflict would be criminal. Imagine you would agree in regards to comparing the Shinawatras to such a person would be an unjust vilification ?

I was just emphasising the fact that some people on this forum see Prayuth as a severe danger to Thailand simply because of the way that he usurped power (from a political vacuum don't forget). No party was really in power as the interim PTT party were impotent in every respect - even more so than their abject and disastrous 'go' at running the country (down).

My turn to ask the questions. Well, what have you got to say about the red shirt leaders now having read of their exploits? Do you think Thaksin is a decent man that wants to help the farmers? If that is helping then thank god he isn't their sworn enemy as they would have all been annihilated by now as they have shown that they are easy meat for him, can be manipulated and clearly highly dispensable objects!!!

I was just emphasising the fact that some people on this forum see Prayuth as a severe danger to Thailand simply because of the way that he usurped power (from a political vacuum don't forget). No party was really in power as the interim PTT party were impotent in every respect - even more so than their abject and disastrous 'go' at running the country (down).

My turn to ask the questions. Well, what have you got to say about the red shirt leaders now having read of their exploits? Do you think Thaksin is a decent man that wants to help the farmers? If that is helping then thank god he isn't their sworn enemy as they would have all been annihilated by now as they have shown that they are easy meat for him, can be manipulated and clearly highly dispensable objects!!!

I do not see your answer as far as holding the Shinawatras in the same ilk as those who have committed atrocities. You asked a rather inflammatory question and were given an answer.

I do not see your answer as far as holding the Shinawatras in the same ilk as those who have committed atrocities. You asked a rather inflammatory question and were given an answer.

Come again!!

I was saying what OTHER posters are implying about Prayuth NOT my comparison of the Shinawatra's to the dictator so it was not inflammatory at all.

Could this lame post be an excuse to not answer my questions?

Edited by lucky11

SIR

You are right, IT IS CALLED COMMUNISM

Come again!!

I was saying what OTHER posters are implying about Prayuth NOT my comparison of the Shinawatra's to the dictator so it was not inflammatory at all.

Could this lame post be an excuse to not answer my questions?

You asked an inflammatory question for which you were given a direct answer. You have yet to answer. It is restated below and underlined :

" Do you still regard Prayut as the next Hitler?" Don't use those sorts of terms lightly or carelessly and comparing anyone to Hitler in this conflict would be criminal.

Imagine you would agree in regards to comparing the Shinawatras to such a person would be an unjust vilification ?

SIR

You are right, IT IS CALLED COMMUNISM

Well I never, I didn't realise that I had Communist leanings- I have always been a 'leftie' but maybe I am further left than I thought if that is indeed the case!!

• Like 1

So you are firmly against democracy and freedom. Got it.

I am against democracy for Thailand at this present moment - it can have it (real democracy) back again once Prayuth has finished his work and Thailand is ready to embrace it.

As for freedom, we have it already to go about our daily business, don't we? We don't have freedom to protest as Thailand is going through an important transition whereby protests are counter productive to what needs to be done to restore this precious democracy that you all so cherish. I'm afraid that is how it has to be. You have to make sacrifices sometimes if what you want is worth it.

Get off of Prayuth's back and stop interfering with his work if you want to have democracy again, instead of attacking and belittling him at every opportunity when he is trying to bring this about.

""If the situation remains like this I can tell you that I will hold on to power for a long time," he said after denouncing those who criticise the country's lack of democratic progress.

"Why is there all this fuss about elections?" he also asked. "(If there's no election) will anyone die?""

and some will just continue complaining about the lack of progress, the absolute power the PM is wielding (allegedly) and fail to see the contradiction.

Democracy, to some its that election once every four years.

• Like 1

Yes I agree that would be an unjust vilification of gargantuan proportions.

"My turn to ask the questions. Well, what have you got to say about the red shirt leaders now having read of their exploits? Do you think Thaksin is a decent man that wants to help the farmers? If that is helping then thank god he isn't their sworn enemy as they would have all been annihilated by now as they have shown that they are easy meat for him, can be manipulated and clearly highly dispensable objects!!!"

Decent, no. He could have been the greatest leader in Asia, but he chose poorly. As much as I disagree with coups, Yingluck took a gamble in getting her brother a pardon. Also the Rice Pledge was a bad idea. Governments over control of economics usually ends badly.

As for the other red shirts, there are some who are horrible, no doubt.

The trouble is under Thaksin's leadership there appeared to be hope. He understood economics and the future looked impressive. The coup leaders that took over from him did not. Baht sored creating issues for a country reliant on exports.

The current junta does little to put foreign investors mind's at ease including mine. Long term visa are a nightmare now. Forcing business people to look elsewhere. China is less trouble than China now. Many are flocking to Cambodia, as visas are not a consideration.

We make decision everyday whether we place orders in China or Thailand now. Our fear is that an elitist lead government will make Thailand unattractive to foreign business.

The topic is about a man who is seen to be obsessive about the imposition of personal and elitist Dogma.

And now shifted from a prior position of transitional governance to a threat to hold on to power indefinitely.

Daily considerations of his threats , this amongst many, are becoming taunting for media , observers , Thai citizens , human rights organisations, and international embassies based around Thailand.

The demographic is taking on new dimensions that only the most foolish will dismiss in their blind faith .

Thailand could possibly , even likely , be controlled by this man and his inner circle in far more radical terms in future based just on comments and announcements .

Media will be servers to position of state and possibly even be given what to print.

Certainly , it will not be free to tell the public or world the real position of events.

Polls we have seen weekly almost will be the norm.

Internal consequences for perceived threats to them ( the military ) could well be under the act rounded up and shot or held indefinitely .

This is not just speculative but common under these circumstances.

Protests would be dealt with harshly.

Sanctions may follow and Thailand economically fall away as an Asian investment market.

Recession , and instability , fear and isolation will more than likely see Thailand move towards Chinese power.

This is the beginning of a road many feared.

There is every reason to take the PM seriously.

And consider the metamorphosis of civil rights ahead including expats and their respective positions.

Edited by Plutojames88

"My turn to ask the questions. Well, what have you got to say about the red shirt leaders now having read of their exploits? Do you think Thaksin is a decent man that wants to help the farmers? If that is helping then thank god he isn't their sworn enemy as they would have all been annihilated by now as they have shown that they are easy meat for him, can be manipulated and clearly highly dispensable objects!!!"

Decent, no. He could have been the greatest leader in Asia, but he chose poorly. As much as I disagree with coups, Yingluck took a gamble in getting her brother a pardon. Also the Rice Pledge was a bad idea. Governments over control of economics usually ends badly.

The trouble is under Thaksin's leadership there appeared to be hope. He understood economics and the future looked impressive. The coup leaders that took over from him did not. Baht sored creating issues for a country reliant on exports.

The current junta does little to put foreign investors mind's at ease including mine. Long term visa are a nightmare now. Forcing business people to look elsewhere. China is less trouble than China now. Many are flocking to Cambodia, as visas are not a consideration.

We make decision everyday whether we place orders in China or Thailand now. Our fear is that an elitist lead government will make Thailand unattractive to foreign business.

APPEARED to be hope, impressive future - but the hopes were dashed when he tried to take all the money (or as much as he thought he would get away with) and his effort to copy Singapore's success failed dismally!! Perhaps Thailand isn't like Singapore after all or just maybe Lee was an honest and capable person whereas..............!!

Attempting to run Thailand like a company whereby he was the CEO and the one who benefits was not a very good idea. OK. we have established that he failed in every case - has Prayuth failed? people like you hope and want him to fail but I'm afraid that I think that you will be disappointed on that one.

The issue you have on visa's - I doubt its Prayuth's fault, unless you want to blame everything on him!!

He is not going to hang around longer than is necessary - surely, you don't live every word he utters. Simple rule - if he is angry then ignore what he is saying as he doesn't mean it. It is his way of showing he is boss and he does it to get a reaction, which he does clearly seeing the red side's hysterical rants at his sometimes bizarre behaviour!! It brings a smile to my face anyway.

The topic is about a man who is seen to be obsessive about the imposition of personal and elitist Dogma.

And now shifted from a prior position of transitional governance to a threat to hold on to power indefinitely.

Daily considerations of his threats , this amongst many, are becoming taunting for media , observers , Thai citizens , human rights organisations, and international embassies based around Thailand.

The demographic is taking on new dimensions that only the most foolish will dismiss in their blind faith .

Thailand could possibly , even likely , be controlled by this man and his inner circle in far more radical terms in future based just on comments and announcements .

Media will be servers to position of state and possibly even be given what to print.

Certainly , it will not be free to tell the public or world the real position of events.

Polls we have seen weekly almost will be the norm.

Internal consequences for perceived threats to them ( the military ) could well be under the act rounded up and shot or held indefinitely .

This is not just speculative but common under these circumstances.

Protests would be dealt with harshly.

Sanctions may follow and Thailand economically fall away as an Asian investment market.

Recession , and instability , fear and isolation will more than likely see Thailand move towards Chinese power.

This is the beginning of a road many feared.

There is every reason to take the PM seriously.

And consider the metamorphosis of civil rights ahead including expats and their respective positions.

Yeh!! right.

What a vivid imagination you have - eloquently put but sheer fiction out of a comic book.

APPEARED to be hope, impressive future - but the hopes were dashed when he tried to take all the money (or as much as he thought he would get away with) and his effort to copy Singapore's success failed dismally!! Perhaps Thailand isn't like Singapore after all or just maybe Lee was an honest and capable person whereas..............!!

Attempting to run Thailand like a company whereby he was the CEO and the one who benefits was not a very good idea. OK. we have established that he failed in every case - has Prayuth failed? people like you hope and want him to fail but I'm afraid that I think that you will be disappointed on that one.

The issue you have on visa's - I doubt its Prayuth's fault, unless you want to blame everything on him!!

He is not going to hang around longer than is necessary - surely, you don't live every word he utters. Simple rule - if he is angry then ignore what he is saying as he doesn't mean it. It is his way of showing he is boss and he does it to get a reaction, which he does clearly seeing the red side's hysterical rants at his sometimes bizarre behaviour!! It brings a smile to my face anyway.

Sorry, the coup is to blame for the visas and we have already pulled work from Thailand, as it is easier to manage in other countries.. It has been advantageous for China and Thailand's neighbors, if you are looking for a silver lining.

So you are saying promised the moon to the people of the north and east . That was his unfair advantage ?

Sorry, the coup is to blame for the visas and we have already pulled work from Thailand, as it is easier to manage in other countries.. It has been advantageous for China and Thailand's neighbors, if you are looking for a silver lining.

So you are saying promised the moon to the people of the north and east . That was his unfair advantage ?

Don't know enough about business in Thailand to comment on the visa issue. Just out of interest, can you explain exactly how this coup affected your business prospects adversely and just how it was better when Thailand had ground to a halt without a functional government and there was blood on the streets and violence on a daily basis as compared to the present day stability. I know which environment I would consider more certain.

Could you have misjudged the situation badly by any chance.

Yes it was his unfair advantage as they fell for it hook-line-and-sinker just how he had planned and dutifully extended his pillaging blitz.

Before the election he made promises he failed to keep and then after the election he set about the serious business of his amnesty. How ironic it was that it was this that ultimately caused the collapse of his government (sorry, my mistake,Yingluck's government) and brought it down!!

The violence that her brother promoted caused Prayuth to intervene so I guess it's his fault ultimately that made it so much more difficult to do business in Thailand and not Prayuth's.

I am against democracy for Thailand at this present moment - it can have it (real democracy) back again once Prayuth has finished his work and Thailand is ready to embrace it.

As for freedom, we have it already to go about our daily business, don't we? We don't have freedom to protest as Thailand is going through an important transition whereby protests are counter productive to what needs to be done to restore this precious democracy that you all so cherish. I'm afraid that is how it has to be. You have to make sacrifices sometimes if what you want is worth it.

Get off of Prayuth's back and stop interfering with his work if you want to have democracy again, instead of attacking and belittling him at every opportunity when he is trying to bring this about.

An erratic leader in charge of a corrupt military seizes power in a coup and maintains power through martial law, detention without charge, rule by decree, censorship, banning political gatherings, banning calls for elections and banning criticism of the government. You advise everyone to be patient because you think he is going to bring real democracy to Thailand. What is this foolish faith of yours based upon?