Bangkok governor admits mistakes in flood management

webfact

Sorry, I first thought I hit a publication out of 1994. Then... should be 2011 ... but.. no, it was really 26 March 2015.

A millennium ago, the Dutch started to build their dikes, as... 60 % of their country is under sea or river level. Around 1135 they even were invited to build the dikes at what is now Bremen and Hamburg. Their Dike Counts... had the power of a real medieval count: could sentence somebody to death when that person did not keep the waterways open or the dikes maintained.

In Thailand, government after government can continue to swindle the public without any repercussions.

Even.. the main roads are renewed on a higher level, so the houses around will flood ( see Ram Intra soi 13 etc ) , as.. no sufficent sewer pipes are layed down.

Amazing Thailand.... did not learn anything, even not the last generation... too stupid and too lazy... as always.

Ravaged by flood, Tops Sukhumvit 19 remains closed (PHOTOS)

By Coconuts Bangkok

flood6_1.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Tops Supermarket located on the basement level of Robinson Sukhumvit remains closed after the whole place was trashed by a flash flood Tuesday.

Central Food Retail said today they plan to reopen the market, but only after it has been sufficiently cleaned, inspected and determined to be safe.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/03/26/ravaged-flood-tops-sukhumvit-19-remains-closed-photos

cocon.jpg

-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-03-26

That happens when you are too stingy to install a simple check valve in the floor drain.

There area lot of comments about the rain Tuesday afternoon not being exceptionally heavy. I think it really depends where you were.

I was on Thong Lor at that time and it rained heavily but no flooding. As soon as it stopped ( about 1.30 pm) I headed for Asoke by taking the boat on Klong san Saeb. I don't think I have seen the water level as high as that for years. When I arrived at Asoke, I was surprised to see the whole area was flooded. My friend told me that it had been a really heavy downpour.

This is not the first time I have experienced something like that. Sometimes left heavy rain at Asoke and arrived at Thong Lor where there hadn't been a single drop of rain.

• Like 1