Can Anyone Work Out The Logic Here?

Vogele123

Not really motor related, more just a general enquiry into Thai logistics and pricing - if anyone actually understands Honda's method of calculating the service costs I would love to see the explanation...<deleted> is TOTAL/BAHT????

post-228437-0-56082800-1427288491_thumb.

Sorry!

Not sure how big I can link! I just cannot understand how they get their pricing from the "TOTAL/BAHT" columns - maybe this link will work?

http://www.aphonda.co.th/hondabigbike/after-sales-services.aspx#chart

Also, the Hire Purchase / Finance seems completely crazy, if you tot it up it works out as ZERO percent, yet they are asking 4.5%? I am lost with these people, they are clueless in everything they advertise on their site...

Check out this next grab (I don't know how to attach)

OK, the Honda 4.5% finance deal that lays it clear as mud!

So the Sale price is 300.000 Baht, the payments are 48 months at 5312.50 (48 x 5312.50=255000) then the deposit which is 45,000 - therefore the total is 255000+45000=300000? Where is the 4.5% interest?

post-228437-0-35321100-1427290044_thumb.

Edited by Vogele123

Eisfeld -Nah mate, I don't get it...there is no logic! show me how they get the totals from the pricing, it doesn't make sense. Maybe I can ask a friend or two! Usually when the price is in dispute.....maybe the escalating costs of Limes, he and his mentor can give us some well thought out advice -

"Oh Great Wise One I am having difficulty with Honda Thailand Pricing, can you and your mentor please use your great WISDOM to explain things to a mere mortal?"

Thanks!

Probably need to get 10 Rai and grow my own bikes! - leaving a few rai for fish and veggies eh!

"Yes, I love you too Father"

Edited by seedy
troll / flaming

You sum up all expenses for parts and labour and add VAT. Seems pretty clear and correct for the columns that I checked.

No idea about the financing though as that's always a stupid thing to do.

If you take a look at some bikes it is straight forward as you stated, but if you look at the service pricing for the CB650 it is complete garbage, the price varies from 1150 to 2450 on the first service!

Seems like an error in the website .. unless you pay 300.000 for a 260.000 bike

But like you said seems like there is no interest.

I can understand the usual errors on Thai websites, i.e mostly they are useless and don't work, (Try getting an RMA for a cooked spice grinder from Tefal!) but you would have thought Honda would have at least tried!

Edited by Vogele123

I guess there is a choice between two types of oil (most likely natural vs synthetic) which results in different prices. That might have confused you.

Note that for the financing it does not tell you the total amount you will have to pay and probably is omitting the THB value for the interest.

Sneaky like all financing crap.

• Like 1

I guess there is a choice between two types of oil (most likely natural vs synthetic) which results in different prices. That might have confused you.

Note that for the financing it does not tell you the total amount you will have to pay and probably is omitting the THB value for the interest.

Sneaky like all financing crap.

So basically it is a mess of a website like most websites constructed in Thailand, just look at Lazada the Lizard site, if you actually get the order you placed at the price expected then you have a good chance of winning the Lotto!

how do they justify the first column (1000km service) on parts? 775/1990? Is that to cover the cost of dropping a shim in the crankcase?

I guess a lot of it depends on the dealer. Years ago I put a Toyota in for a service at the Thieves Niyom Panich on Mahidol Rd Chiang Mai, an hour later they rang saying there were major problems with my pick up - brakes steering etc. like a newbie, I agreed over the phone to the repairs - about 500 USD!

When I picked the car up they threw the "defective parts in the back bed" They were neither defective or worn, these people were robbing scum.

I now take the motor to Niyom Panich in San Patong, who are neither thieves or scammers, in fact they are the opposite, they refuse to do unnecessary work, I totally trust them 100%, but I would avoid Panich on Mahidol.

The other branch of Panich in San Patong (not tried them yet) is next to the post office, bought some bike spares from them and they seem really professional so I need a bike service, head bearings and brakes so will report back when I get the gen.

Edited by Vogele123

OK, the Honda 4.5% finance deal that lays it clear as mud!

So the Sale price is 300.000 Baht, the payments are 48 months at 5312.50 (48 x 5312.50=255000) then the deposit which is 45,000 - therefore the total is 255000+45000=300000? Where is the 4.5% interest?

The 4.5% may have already been added to the 300,000 which is 66,666.66667 or they will ask you in later days for 4.5% interest rate increase to your monthly payment. To make clarification, you can ask the dealer what do they mean by their 4.5%. I'm sure they will explain it to you.

Unless the plugs are hidden under somewhere, the labour for changing them seems out of kilter with other labour rates.

But I guess if one doesn't like them don't buy the bike.

Edited by VocalNeal