Florida Cops: 13-year-old kills brother, 6; wounds another, 16

webfact

Cops: 13-year-old kills brother, 6; wounds another, 16

HUDSON, Fla. (AP) — A young teenager shot his two brothers Wednesday during an argument over food, killing one and wounding the other, before fatally shooting himself.

The shooting happened shortly after 6 p.m. in Hudson, Florida, a community in suburban Pasco County about an hour north of downtown Tampa, said Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco. The three boys lived in the home with their mother and an 18-year-old brother. The mom was at work, and the 18-year-old wasn't home.

The three brothers were home alone eating dinner in the family's mobile home when an argument over food broke out, Nocco told a news conference.

The shooter, 13, shot and killed his 6-year-old brother, and shot and wounded his 16-year-old brother, who called police for help, Nocco said.

"This is a horrific scene," Nocco said. "This is a nightmare."

Nocco did not release the shooter or victims' names. He said it wasn't clear who owned the gun.

The 16-year-old's wounds were not believed to be life-threatening, the Pasco County Sheriff's office said in a news release. He was being treated at an area hospital.

The shootings happened about 2 miles away from the location of another family slaying. In August, three members of a family and a fourth man were discovered dead. The ex-boyfriend of one of the victims is awaiting trial in those deaths.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-03-26

Stupid country with stupid gun laws. A@#ssholes. The NRA kill people for profit!
Don't bother replying or arguing with my opinion because I won't reply, I won't even read it. I have had my say about this and that is all.

Stupid country with stupid gun laws. A@#ssholes. The NRA kill people for profit!

Don't bother replying or arguing with my opinion because I won't reply, I won't even read it. I have had my say about this and that is all.

Not a mature post.

• Like 2

Gun freedom. That's what happens. facepalm.gif

Ever been to Chicago?

Yes, I lived there for 30 years. Safer than places in the wild west pro-NRA states and the Stand Your Ground state of Florida

64fe1db4a3a86bfcb9d0831e400e5ac4.png?ito

gun-deaths-map.jpg

Well there are two sides to a coin my friend. Approximately 200,000 women the United States use guns to protect themselves against sexual crime every single year. Overall, guns in the United States are used 80 times more often prevent crime than they are to take lives. The United States is #1 in the world in gun ownership, and yet it is only 28th in the world in gun murders per 100,000 people.

I know Chicago has one of the strictest gun control laws in the nation.To my knowledge here aren't any gun shops in Chicago. Chicago ranked second behind New York in 2009-2010 for the number of young people, ages 10-19, who were killed by guns with 213 in Chicago.

• Like 1

If all the boys were armed maybe...?

USA have been at war 214 years since 1776. Still, there are more civilian gun related deaths than US war casualties !

Who needs Al Qaeda when there's NRA.

You guys keep pushing the anti-NRA remarks, but the article said it wasn't clear who owned the firearm. What if the firearm was legally purchased? What if the 18 year old, or even the 13 year old bought a stolen handgun, how would a background check prevent anything like this?

The fact is, it wouldn't, and most of you are just exposing your ignorance of the situation.

erm... where does a "stolen" handgun come from? Are they imported from other countries?

Who is the main manufacturer of "stolen" handguns in the USA? You imply that it is very easy and normal to get hold of a "stolen" handgun in the USA. Walmart?

If all the boys were armed maybe...?

USA have been at war 214 years since 1776. Still, there are more civilian gun related deaths than US war casualties !

Who needs Al Qaeda when there's NRA.

You guys keep pushing the anti-NRA remarks, but the article said it wasn't clear who owned the firearm. What if the firearm was legally purchased? What if the 18 year old, or even the 13 year old bought a stolen handgun, how would a background check prevent anything like this?

The fact is, it wouldn't, and most of you are just exposing your ignorance of the situation.

erm... where does a "stolen" handgun come from? Are they imported from other countries?

Who is the main manufacturer of "stolen" handguns in the USA? You imply that it is very easy and normal to get hold of a "stolen" handgun in the USA. Walmart?

Thank you for reinforcing my point about ignorance. Many firearms are stolen from vehicles, including police vehicles, shops, and homes, not limited to certain manufacturers. No, they aren't bought from Walmart, but from a trunk of a car, crack house, etc. That's why the application process by legal purchasers, does little to stop criminals from buying weapons.

That may not be the case in this OP, but it also stated, it wasn't clear who owned the firearm, but no need for facts to get in the way of the anti-gun people is there.

I haven't researched Florida law, but in most states, because of age requirements, the mother most likely would be the only person to legally own a handgun.

Edited by beechguy
  • Like 1

I'm wondering if these kids were into video games. That might be an interesting item to know.

Of course, let's ban the video games then.

As usual, you have no answers...only sarcasm.

Deal me out.

I have a pretty good answer, one that works pretty well everywhere else.

But spit the dummy then.