How to contact Thai Airways, is there a code or a secret handshake?

In Thai Airways ROP (Royal Orchid Plus) mail, there is a tap for Get a Quote, but it simply direct you to their Special Fare Promotions, which are mostly local flight and some resorts. Not of interest really.

So I fill out the web based contact us form, but it will not load (send). Next try the e-mail address listed under the Bangkok office web site, and get the following:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

[email protected]

The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly.

Do they really not want to be contacted by customers?

• Like 2

How to contact Thai Airways, is there a code or a secret handshake?

Yes there is--we could tell you but it means we would have to kill you after.....................wub.png

Edited by oxo1947
  • Like 1

1. Contact Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines or Emirates instead.

2. AirAsia is much cheaper and no worse than Thai.

Problem solved.

If you REALLY (why?) need to contact Thai, try "do you know who my Daddy is".....

but farangs don't count....

revert to step 1 or 2 instead

Edited by eddie61

If you knew how to get a job at Thai airways. Than you understand the situation.

I can not tell you how to get a job there because they kill me if it comes out.

That is only the people know who asked for a job there, They are Thais of course, ordinary people who are without a job and full qualified for the job. They know it.

Is ringing them an issue?

Yes. When you call, you need to press '9' for English. That results in a recorded message telling you to send a facsimile (so 1980s). If you stay on the line, it is endless. No one will ever answer.

I press '1' to get the Thai-speaking representative and ask if they can speak English. Most of the time they transfer you to the same recorded message you get when you press '9'. Sometimes they do speak English and you can ask you question. They usually don't have an answer.

5 star customer service for a 5 star airline! Smooth as silk.

• Like 2

In Khon Kaen city there is a Thai Air sales office in the big hotel...was called Sofilus but changed name I think.

Its on the lobby level but way in the back corner around to the right.

I had to change a ticket I had booked on the net so I drove to KK city and it was easier.

There are thousands of Travel Agents in Bangkok who sell Thai. On their web-site you need to select International Travel. Download their App is another choice.

If you are near Nana Hotel, I use Nana Tours for all my business and pleasure travel.

Edited by gchurch259

In Khon Kaen city there is a Thai Air sales office in the big hotel...was called Sofilus but changed name I think.

Its on the lobby level but way in the back corner around to the right.

I had to change a ticket I had booked on the net so I drove to KK city and it was easier.

Sofitel changed name to Pullman eons ago, but thanks for the tip. Traveling from Bangkok to Khon Kaen to locate a 10 year old Thai Airways office is of course an option. I will put it on my list.

There are thousands of Travel Agents in Bangkok who sell Thai. On their web-site you need to select International Travel. Download their App is another choice.

If you are near Nana Hotel, I use Nana Tours for all my business and pleasure travel.

Now we are getting somewhere. I am a married man, but frequent trips to Nana to book tickets sound rather pleasant.

Using agents have its drawback, but maybe, just maybe Thai Airways product is so good that they simply have to use a middle man to keep the masses away.

Is ringing them an issue?

Yes. When you call, you need to press '9' for English. That results in a recorded message telling you to send a facsimile (so 1980s). If you stay on the line, it is endless. No one will ever answer.

I press '1' to get the Thai-speaking representative and ask if they can speak English. Most of the time they transfer you to the same recorded message you get when you press '9'. Sometimes they do speak English and you can ask you question. They usually don't have an answer.

5 star customer service for a 5 star airline! Smooth as silk.

Maybe the business of selling planes is so much better than transporting passengers and they simply don't want to talk to me!

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

Call the airline at 8.30 as they start up for the day. I've always got a quick answer then. And, despite what others have written at other times on here, almost every year for the past 20 years I have never failed to get a free mileage flight I wanted. Just booked to Madrid and back from London in June, no problem.

On the other hand, I have never got the USA number to answer whenever I called it, but THAI is not alone in that. Try calling Turkish in Bangkok. Or London. Or Birmingham. Or even Istanbul. I have never, in probably a total of 24 hours of calling to the various offices over the years, spoken to anyone. However, their website does work properly, most of the time. Unlike THAI ROP member section.

On another note re THAI, several times I have checked their special discounted senior domestic fares. Usually they are more expensive than the normal fare. If there actually is a discount, the biggest I've found is 30 baht. Pathetic. They havent got a clue.

All you people who have this type of problem, do you seriously not read the fora?

This entire site complains about Thai products and services, yet you still use them.

Is it possible that you use this site only to complain?

• Like 1

your post has tarnished the image of Thai Airways, the national carrier of Thailand. I see a public outcry forming after this has gone viral and a rush of overweight policemen are heading in your direction to invite you for an attitude adjustment session with the military.

Of course, this is not meant to fix your difficulties in contacting TA, that will not, can not ever happen - it's part of the magic...

good luck thumbsup.gif