Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

1 minute ago, StewB1 said:

Having arrived on October 17 2018 to Chiang Mai I am due for my 90 day report by January 14 2019 I believe?

Here is a link that bypasses the accept terms page on the site. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm

Then click this to get to the first page of the application and then go through the steps to do it.

image.png.4cdf8fad6abc4d5d3066ac3f3c48d34e.png

• Like 1

Ok, completed the form online and submitted. I then received this below after submission.

"For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area."

Is this a standard reply ?

39 minutes ago, StewB1 said:

Is this a standard reply ?

That is what you get if your record could not found when you submitted page 1 of 4.

It means something on that page was not correct. Double check you entered everything correctly and only complete the required fields marked with a *. Be sure you use the drop down menu to select your nationality.

Tried 3 different browsers, accepted all the terms (you have to scroll all the way down) and still received  "For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area." In reading the instructions I ran across this

For foreigners who residing in Bangkok,contact Immigration Division 1 Office, Chalermprakiat Government Complex, Chaengwattana Rd., Laksi, Bangkok

So the question beckons itself...Does the site read your IP as Bangkok and it will not accept your application? Are 90 day reporters who reside in Bangkok not permitted to use online reporting? Any answers would be appreciated.

I've used the on-line system for myself and also assisted others. Main reasons for it not working that I've found:

• No recent entry to T/L.
  • Need to do at least one 90 day report in person.
  • Use drop-down menus wherever they appear.. incl. dates, since it seems some of the date formats are different in each location.

If these are OK, then it should accept the first page of data.  It then takes you into the second page where you add your address info

• Again, use drop-down menus, wherever they are, esp. dates. 
  • This includes the address.. you need to put the first letter to get the d-d menu, and often it's different to what you think it should be.
  • You need to use the same address that you've notified Immigration of using the TM30 system.
  • You need to have done at least one 90-day report in person at this address.

You need to check the box and acknowledge the T&C's which is right at the bottom of the page, and is easily overlooked.

And then you have to cross your fingers and hope..

1 hour ago, CaptainChris said:

So the question beckons itself...Does the site read your IP as Bangkok and it will not accept your application? Are 90 day reporters who reside in Bangkok not permitted to use online reporting? Any answers would be appreciated.

No and no.

The message only means your record could not be found. The info in the database it checks is from you your most recent entry to the country.

Have you gotten a new passport since your last entry? I assume you have entered the country since 2013 when that data based was set up.

Sometimes that message comes up if the system cannot access the database. Perhaps try later to do it.

Well I submitted this form several times and get the same answer. I assume it must be that I have never done a 90 report before?

I am under a Non Imm O A and will be applying at Chiang Mai immigration for my first 90 day and want direction on all forms needed and any tips for the line up while I am there including best times to goes.....

Is the following list of requirements for a 90 day report for Chiang Mai immigration accurate? If so how many copies of each document is required?

Documents  Required

--- Form TM47
--- First page of  Passport showing picture
--- Passport page showing latest VISA stamp
--- Passport page showing expiration date of passport (If different from 1st page)
--- Copy of Arrival Card (your passport may have the Departure Card)

--- Foreign National Information Form (with Passport size Photo) 
--- Proof of address (Ex: copy of Rental Agreement). 

5 hours ago, StewB1 said:

Is the following list of requirements for a 90 day report for Chiang Mai immigration accurate? If so how many copies of each document is required?

Documents  Required

--- Form TM47
--- Passport page showing expiration date of passport (If different from 1st page)

I can only speak for Surin Immigration but to conduct the 90 day report in person you need your passport and that's it. No copies of anything.

On 1/2/2019 at 2:33 PM, steve73 said:

I've used the on-line system for myself and also assisted others. Main reasons for it not working that I've found:

• No recent entry to T/L.
  • Need to do at least one 90 day report in person.
  • Use drop-down menus wherever they appear.. incl. dates, since it seems some of the date formats are different in each location.

If these are OK, then it should accept the first page of data.  It then takes you into the second page where you add your address info

• Again, use drop-down menus, wherever they are, esp. dates. 
  • This includes the address.. you need to put the first letter to get the d-d menu, and often it's different to what you think it should be.
  • You need to use the same address that you've notified Immigration of using the TM30 system.
  • You need to have done at least one 90-day report in person at this address.

You need to check the box and acknowledge the T&C's which is right at the bottom of the page, and is easily overlooked.

And then you have to cross your fingers and hope..

OUTSTANDING RESPONSE, thank you! I have a one year retirement visa, this is my first 1st 90 day reporting ever in Thailand. Are you a Bangkok resident?

*** My residence notified immigration of my residence status, never knew that was an option. They did so online.

On 1/2/2019 at 2:33 PM, ubonjoe said:

No and no.

The message only means your record could not be found. The info in the database it checks is from you your most recent entry to the country.

Have you gotten a new passport since your last entry? I assume you have entered the country since 2013 when that data based was set up.

Sometimes that message comes up if the system cannot access the database. Perhaps try later to do it.

No. This is the second time in Thailand in 2 years, same residence. I am on a retirement 1 year visa, acquired overseas. This is my first 90 day reporting ever, someone mentioned that could be the issue. Did you do your first 90 day reporting in person or anytime since 2013? Are you a Bangkok reporter? Thanks for your help !!!

11 minutes ago, CaptainChris said:

No. This is the second time in Thailand in 2 years, same residence. I am on a retirement 1 year visa, acquired overseas. This is my first 90 day reporting ever, someone mentioned that could be the issue. Did you do your first 90 day reporting in person or anytime since 2013? Are you a Bangkok reporter? Thanks for your help !!!

I have never been able to do 90 day reports because I have a very old entry and a new passport. I was advised to do a border hop to get a new entry if wanted to do online reporting.

Submitting a online report is the same for every office. Only the processing of it varies from office to office with some refusing to accept them.

There is no linkage between the database the system accesses when doing the online application and local office records of your reports. It does not matter whether you have ever done a report before.

Not being able to get past page one due to the message to contact you local office can be caused by an error made by the office when you last entered the country.

first time doing an online report. i obtained a 'retirement' yearly extension at jomtein last February, because Rayong would not do a conversion, i did one 90 day report at jomtein, then returned to the UK, on my return to Thailand in October i used my Rayong address for the tm6, and on wednesdy this week i completed a 90 day report on line using this address using brave browser, accepted the next day, my next hurdle will be to obtain a 'married' yearly extension using the 400,000 baht route at rayong next month.

On 1/4/2019 at 8:51 AM, ubonjoe said:

I have never been able to do 90 day reports because I have a very old entry and a new passport. I was advised to do a border hop to get a new entry if wanted to do online reporting.

Submitting a online report is the same for every office. Only the processing of it varies from office to office with some refusing to accept them.

There is no linkage between the database the system accesses when doing the online application and local office records of your reports. It does not matter whether you have ever done a report before.

Not being able to get past page one due to the message to contact you local office can be caused by an error made by the office when you last entered the country.

What Steve73 stated makes total sense. A new entry is probably the issue, thanks for your response!

12 minutes ago, CaptainChris said:

What Steve73 stated makes total sense. A new entry is probably the issue, thanks for your response!

Chris - do your first 90day report in person at the office where your address is registered (TM30), and providing you don't notify any change of address you should be ok to do it next time.

Documents  Required

--- Form TM47

There's nowhere on the form to stick a photo!!!!!Where's that rule come from?

Only needed passport .

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 minutes ago, roo860 said:

There's nowhere on the form to stick a photo!!!!!Where's that rule come from?

There is no photo needed for a T47 form used for 90 day reports.

This form is not required now.  Foreign National Information Form (with Passport size Photo) 

• Like 1

Quick question about timing of online report:  I've never done one and want to try but I believe the window is 7-15 days before due date.  If that's right, and if the system doesn't work for me, it seems that means I can't use mailing as a backup because the report must be mailed no later than 15 days before due.  In effect you can't file online until it's too late to mail.  Is this correct?  If so it means the only backup if online fails is to go in person to Immigration.  Seems strange that they would structure the windows (online/mailing) this way but ... can anyone please confirm?

6 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

If that's right, and if the system doesn't work for me, it seems that means I can't use mailing as a backup because the report must be mailed no later than 15 days before due. 

That depends upon the office you report to. Many only want it ot be r received no later than 7 days before the report date.

Bangkok immigration will still process the report if not mailed 15 days before but puts a note ot do it 15 days before next time.

Thanks Joe, I should have mentioned I file at Chaeng Wattana in BKK.  Does that affect your answer?  (btw as some others have mentioned on this site, it seems CW puts that note on your receipt even if you do mail it well before 15 days, seemingly just as a standard reminder.  I've had it several times although never mailed less than 15 days ahead).

I submitted my 90 report application online at 14.00 this afternoon. I received an email at 19.15 that my application had been approved!  Fastest ever!

If only TI could come up with a 'fast lane' concept for us expats on retirement visas when we need to do our extension of stays - especially when there has not been any changes to the information on the forms - other than being a year older.  For those of use who have been affected by our embassies withdrawal of income letters and affidavits, for those of us with pensions, we should be able to file our pension information and have it kept on file.  Might was well dream. If this 90 reporting is working so good now, why not??

3 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

With online reporting, what happens if you try to file more than 15 days ahead of the due date?  Say it's 17 days ahead, will the site just not work, or will it work but the staff refuse to approve, or ...?  

The system should accept the application but the office receiving it could deny it since it was done to early.

15 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

With online reporting, what happens if you try to file more than 15 days ahead of the due date?  Say it's 17 days ahead, will the site just not work, or will it work but the staff refuse to approve, or ...?  

I'm sometimes a day early due to miscalculating from the previous approval.  The system refuses to accept my application, and refers me to my local office.. Try the next day and it get's accepted fine.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The system should accept the application but the office receiving it could deny it since it was done to early.

I guess worth a try (to give myself more room to mail if I have a problem with online).  Does the online system work 7 days a week or only business days?

38 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

I guess worth a try (to give myself more room to mail if I have a problem with online).  Does the online system work 7 days a week or only business days?

You can submit it any day, but it seems that it only gets approved Mon-Fri.  They used to approve it at the earliest opportunity (i.e the next working day), but the last couple I've done they've left it to the last day to approve.

Edit.. did you see my previous reply... you can only submit in the window.

Edited by steve73

22 hours ago, pookiki said:

I submitted my 90 report application online at 14.00 this afternoon. I received an email at 19.15 that my application had been approved!  Fastest ever!

I've only been able to report on-line for the last 9 months. Normally it is a same day/next day approval. This time it was a week. Could be a holiday backlog, of course.