Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

28 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Has anyone been able to get this to work for Chiang Mai? I have tried IE, Safari, and Firefox, but I always get the "contact your office" message.

Yes people have done online reports to there.

Getting that message has nothing to do with which office you are using. It only means your record could not be found.

Look at the posts before yours and you will see two reasons mentioned for getting that message.

It can also be from an error made when entering the info in the required fields on page one. Best to only to complete only the required fields marked with a beside it.

Common errors is not using the drop down menu for your nationality. Not entering all of the TM6 arrival card letters and numbers. Not entering the dates day, month and year.

31 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Has anyone been able to get this to work for Chiang Mai? I have tried IE, Safari, and Firefox, but I always get the "contact your office" message.

Thanks.

Just last Monday I did my 90 day on-line at Chiang Mai without problems. Got an email the following day, checked on-line and it was accepted.

Edited by rawhod
typing error
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 5:59 PM, ubonjoe said:

If you go back on the site and click check status you should be able to find the approval after entering the reference number or your passport number and etc. Which if I recall correctly says next appointment for it.

I did the online report yesterday morning and received the notification of approval email yesterday afternoon.

On the approval receipt itself, I do not see any reference to the next appointment.  My question is, what, if anything, do we staple into the passport?  Right now my old "next appointment" slip (obtained by an in person 90 day report) is in my passport.

28 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

I did the online report yesterday morning and received the notification of approval email yesterday afternoon.

On the approval receipt itself, I do not see any reference to the next appointment.  My question is, what, if anything, do we staple into the passport?  Right now my old "next appointment" slip (obtained by an in person 90 day report) is in my passport.

To get into the 90 day report online interface you have to check a box that says you have read the instructions which tells you how to print out the next appointment.

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, Kelsall said:

You have to go back to the online reporting site. Then after accepting the terms and conditions you will click this button.

image.png.bfdbc84f69d39668d9c406831c13a980.png

That takes you to here.

image.png.3957e92555f5acd07cda2a75514f0beb.png

Then you you will be taken to a page where you can print your next appointment.

On 2/22/2019 at 9:58 AM, Seismic said:

OK, thanks Ubonjoe, appreciate you explaining it to me.

regards

Just went to Samut Prakan Immigration today and explained how I was unable to do online 90 day reports since last year when i changed my passport and had to do it in person. Helpful young lady took my passport sat at the computer and two minutes later gave me back my passport and said, OK database updated no problem, next time you are due in April you can again do it online. So it seems there is no need to leave the country.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seismic said:

Just went to Samut Prakan Immigration today and explained how I was unable to do online 90 day reports since last year when i changed my passport and had to do it in person. Helpful young lady took my passport sat at the computer and two minutes later gave me back my passport and said, OK database updated no problem, next time you are due in April you can again do it online. So it seems there is no need to leave the country.

You should never have had to leave country for new passport - just make one report in person.  Those that have been told to depart have never been able to make reports online because they last arrived in Thailand prior to the current database being used.

22 minutes ago, Seismic said:

So it seems there is no need to leave the country.

I am almost willing to bet if try to a report online you will still get the message to contact your local immigration office.

Perhaps try it now to see what happens. If goes to the 2nd page then close the site and wait until your are within the reporting window.

35 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am almost willing to bet if try to a report online you will still get the message to contact your local immigration office.

Perhaps try it now to see what happens. If goes to the 2nd page then close the site and wait until your are within the reporting window.

In my experience it won't go on to the 2nd page if you're not in your "on-line" window.  Occasionally, if I've messed up my dates and I'm a day early or late it rejects me.  If early, it's fine the next day.  If late obviously not.

Although once you've made at least one successful on-line application you can always check their Status at any time - but until you've made at least one application that option might not be available to you. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, steve73 said:

In my experience it won't go on to the 2nd page if you're not in your "on-line" window. 

I think sometimes that is coincidental with a time when the system cannot access the database and that causes the message.

I have seen posts by people that had their application rejected or disapproved because they were able to do it outside the window.

As far as I know the system has no access to any records for when the previous report was done. To have that information it would have to link to the local offices to check for a when the last report was done and there is no linkage to them since they are a standalone system. Same for checking to see if you had done a new entry since your last report.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I think sometimes that is coincidental with a time when the system cannot access the database and that causes the message.

I have seen posts by people that had their application rejected or disapproved because they were able to do it outside the window.

As far as I know the system has no access to any records for when the previous report was done. To have that information it would have to link to the local offices to check for a when the last report was done and there is no linkage to them since they are a standalone system. Same for checking to see if you had done a new entry since your last report.

nope.. I did my 90 day report last week with my extension, so I'm well outside my window.. and it wouldn't let me to past 2.

But just I managed to apply for an on-line report for a friend who is inside his window.  

I've now used the system myself around 12 times, and probably done as many others for friends.  It's always been the same.  In the window, it goes to page 2, outside it doesn't. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, steve73 said:

nope.. I did my 90 day report last week with my extension, so I'm well outside my window.. and it wouldn't let me to past 2.

But just I managed to apply for an on-line report for a friend who is inside his window.  

I've now used the system myself around 12 times, and probably done as many others for friends.  It's always been the same.  In the window, it goes to page 2, outside it doesn't. 

Same for me, 14 successful online applications for myself in Chiang Mai, and 12 for a technophobic friend. I entered the country on 09/30/2013 and never left since then. The only time I had a doubt was about 2 years ago when they shut the site for a major upgrade which lasted several months. I had submitted the first day of my 14 days window, but the very last day before the shutdown and it was still pending. I could no longer check status the next day, so the very same day I sent a report by registered mail (original report, but only copies passport and other docs. and I included a return registered enveloppe with my address). I got it back approved within 10 days, all fine.

When the site eventually reopened I went back to check the status of my initial application and it had indeed been approved. So for a while I had 2 approved reports in the system and it did not create any problems on subsequent submissions. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seismic said:

There is some confusion over this, I was told exact same thing on my last report (I too have a new passport), some people have reported success doing online reports with new passport without leaving the country, some sort of update was performed at their local immigration office, some say on here that this is not possible, I don't buy the "Not Possible" conclusion but more like - nobody has been trained in the local office to do it - that might have changed recently based on my own experience and the your experience

Will have to wait and see when my next report is due

Edited by smedly
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

as mentioned I have made that error doing it a day early and the system was working at the time, I was able to do it when I correctly entered the date window next day, there is a lot of confusion going around with this issue

2 hours ago, steve73 said:

Well, hopefully i will be able to do this in mid April when my next one is due. I must say the young lady was quite aware that the change of passport was the problem and that she could fix it.

• Like 1

On Retirement visa for last 3 years, had multiple entry during 2018, traveled to US in June, returned to Kingdom 17 Oct., renewed Retirement visa on 13 Dec. 2018, 90 days up from that date is 13 March 2019, am currently in "window" to do 90 day report via mail or online....problem...can't get past step 1 on online form, I understand that a new 90 day clock will start upon arrival ie 17 Oct., therefore new 90 day report would have been due on 15 Jan. 2019, would think (hope) that the renewal of the Retirement Visa on 13 Dec. would start a new clock ie 90 day report due now in present time frame....however, given the Oct. 17 date on the TM 6, that would indicate that I am way late in the 90 day report...would like to think such a "conflict" with the "arrival" date and the Retirement Visa date can be resolved by mail or online, maybe not and will have to do in person, if the Renewal of a Retirement Visa (or any Visa) does not start a new clock it would be one helluva trap...maybe I am under/over analyzing this, maybe renewal of a visa and 90 day reporting are divorced from each other.......(or maybe my pic is already on a milk carton, sure hope not.) 

18 minutes ago, LS 36 said:

I understand that a new 90 day clock will start upon arrival ie 17 Oct., therefore new 90 day report would have been due on 15 Jan. 2019, would think (hope) that the renewal of the Retirement Visa on 13 Dec. would start a new clock ie 90 day report due now in present time frame....however, given the Oct. 17 date on the TM 6, that would indicate that I am way late in the 90 day report...

Only the first extension of stay application is considered as doing a 90 day report. Unless immigration did a report slip resetting your report date you are now late for doing your report by about 45 days.

You will need to do your report in person and pay a 2000 baht fine for doing the report late.

On 8/3/2016 at 12:52 PM, KarenBravo said:

Really, what is the point of these time and labour saving methods of doing the 90 day report, if, they don't work?

If your local Immi office accepts the report by mail, it'll work just fine. Have done this for years, never had a problem.

Date February 28

Somebody was on the ball.

Report date 12 March
Report filed online this morning Feb 28 10:53

email received 11:44 Notification 90 days is Approved

PDF received 
THIS IS NOT AN EXTENSION OF STAY PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR ADDRESS AGAIN ON
15 May 2019 / 15 พ.ค. 2562
KEEP IN PASSPORT

probably early as that is the extension of stay renewal date

So a 76 day reporting date 

55 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

probably early as that is the extension of stay renewal date

Any time you do a report early the date the report is done is the start of the 90 days. Same if you do it late within the 7 days allowance.

It does not matter if you do the report in person or mail or online it is the same.

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Any time you do a report early the date the report is done is the start of the 90 days. Same if you do it late within the 7 days allowance.

It does not matter if you do the report in person or mail or online it is the same.

I am aware of that. But going on that usual system a report processed on the 28th of February

IMG_6941.PNG.ae0526db552ff2ceff33bafb8f8a3e3d.PNG

should not have a next report date of May 15

IMG_6940.PNG.b2f0287504143c0cc49a2a3ebc5bc288.PNG

should it?

It is that discrepancy that prompted my post.

As I will be renewing my extension well in advance of the 90 day report date I will be asking if there was a mistake in the report date of if it is a change of policy.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

6 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It is that discrepancy that prompted my post 

I did not notice that.

You wrote this which distracts me from it.

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It could be a 76 day reporting date if the report was done on 14 days early.

The local office approves and sets the next report date so it could be their policy to date them for the date a extension of stay ends.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The local office approves and sets the next report date so it could be their policy to date them for the date a extension of stay ends.

It could also be that they have decided to have the extension renewal also count as a 90 day report for all renewals. If so it would be a welcome and significant change. So I will be asking that at my renewal. This is the Udon office so of course it will only apply to that office.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I did not notice that.

You wrote this which distracts me from it.

It could be a 76 day reporting date if the report was done on 14 days early.

The last couple of on-line 90 day reports I've done (both for myself and friends) have been curtailed to the current "permission to stay" date.  I recently did my extension about 25 days early, and submitted a 90 report at the same time. (I'm not sure if they would have asked me to complete a TM8 if I hadn't included one though, so need to beware.)

If you submit on-line all the time, and complete them 10-12 days early, then you'll "lose" 40-50 days by the time of the next extension..  Not a problem though.. it's easier to do 4 on-line applications than to have to visit the local office 3 times...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, steve73 said:

The last couple of on-line 90 day reports I've done (both for myself and friends) have been curtailed to the current "permission to stay" date.  I recently did my extension about 25 days early, and submitted a 90 report at the same time. (I'm not sure if they would have asked me to complete a TM8 if I hadn't included one though, so need to beware.)

If you submit on-line all the time, and complete them 10-12 days early, then you'll "lose" 40-50 days by the time of the next extension..  Not a problem though.. it's easier to do 4 on-line applications than to have to visit the local office 3 times...

@steve73 It is probably helpful to identify the office you use, to see if it's an individual office or a more general policy.

29 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:
8 hours ago, steve73 said:

@steve73 It is probably helpful to identify the office you use, to see if it's an individual office or a more general policy.

Edited 26 minutes ago by sometimewoodworker

I've made on-line application for people who use both Rayong and Jomtien.... both have curtailed the period until the next extension date if it would otherwise be exceeded.

30 minutes ago, steve73 said:

I've made on-line application for people who use both Rayong and Jomtien.... both have curtailed the period until the next extension date if it would otherwise be exceeded.

Thanks, so it is looking like a new report date policy.

Though it may be a little early to discover if the renewal of extension of stay will automatically count as a report, or trigger a 90 day report.

15 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Thanks, so it is looking like a new report date policy.

Though it may be a little early to discover if the renewal of extension of stay will automatically count as a report, or trigger a 90 day report.

When I did my extension recently I included a new TM47 in my application "pack", and the date of next report was returned to me with my PP.

The cynic in me says that if I hadn't included the TM47, they may not have asked me for one, and they may not have "reported" me.  Had I then assumed it had been done I may have faced a fine next time around.... 

It definitely pays to keep a close eye on things... IMO.

• Like 1

Submitted my 8th in a row 90 days online reporting this morning around 9.15am, got the approval by 4pm! 

Never had any problems with it even when I got a new passport!! 

Bangok resident with at least one exit per year back to Australia or Greece depends on my mood. 

Regards,

Walailak 

15 hours ago, walailak said:

Submitted my 8th in a row 90 days online reporting this morning around 9.15am, got the approval by 4pm! 

Never had any problems with it even when I got a new passport!! 

Bangok resident with at least one exit per year back to Australia or Greece depends on my mood. 

Regards,

Walailak 

I hope I will get the same result in 2 months when I will submit my 14th online report. Meanwhile, I will renew my passport In Chiang Mai in April. I have booked a date in Chiang Mai, as they are coming here for 2 days with their mobile station fully equipped for photos, finger prints and biometric data. Even a trip to Bangkok would be difficult for me and my current health issues, and I could not even imagine a border run.

Regards

Myshkin