Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

38 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Anyone done this in last day or two?

I am trying to do it for household staff and her child, no joy.

I get the

"For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area."

message and it appears so instantly that it does not seem like it could be due to problem with the info entered

Maybe the site is down??

That message can come up if the system cannot access the database it checks to confirm the info entered on page 1.

I think the info is recorded in a packet as you type it in. It has always been intanious when I have tried it when testing the site. I have never been able to get past page one due to a old entry and a new passport since then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

The two I am trying to enter have had multiple entries just this year. But always overland thru Poipet/Aran.

It could be the site cannot access the database. Or there was error made when they last entered the country which is what the database has stored in it.

Double check everything is correct and only enter info in the required fields.

Everything is correct. Checked and re-checked many times.

I'll try again later in the day, already tried since yesterday. If still no joy and unless someone else can confirm the site is temporarily down I'll have to tell them to do it in person.

A bit of a bummer as I am out of the country and they are Khmers who don't speak much Thai, and are pretty rudely treated when they go to Immigration (whereas I get a polite reception).  When I'm there it isn't too much trouble to go in person but it is hard for them. They usually resort to using an "intermediary" who charges for it (which may be why the rude treatment when they go on their own?).

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

"For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area."

Sheryl - from my notes a few years back, I got the same error message when I had miscalculated and was a day early on the report window.

10 minutes ago, The Man Who Sold the World said:

Sheryl - from my notes a few years back, I got the same error message when I had miscalculated and was a day early on the report window.

I considered that, but the report is due 12 November. I tried yesterday and again today so should be within the 7-15 day window

SOME TIPS ON USING THE Thai Immigration's eServices Android app for 90-day reporting (equivalent to the classic TM.47 reporting form)

After much trial and error (not quite as tedious as monkeys randomly typing to write Shakespearean prose), I was just successful in using the Thai Immigration "eServices" app on an Android phone to do a 90-day report. 

Unlike the Android app for foreigners to report themselves upon newly arriving at their permanent or temporary lodging ("section38" as an alternative to TM.30 form, in lieu of the owner or householder refusing or unable to do so for the foreigner), this "eServices" app is available for it seems any Google Play account associated with any specific country. 

On Google Play, the logo of this eServices (90-day reporting) app looks like the 1st image attached to this post.  

(The "section38" app for TM.30 reports, I recently have confirmed, is only visible and downloadable for Google Play accounts that are registered to the "country/region" of Thailand.  To see what country one's Google Play account is registered to, while logged into one's Google account in a browser, go to https://pay.google.com/payments/u/0/home#settings and look for the item "country/region".  Caution, if changing one's sole Google Play account to a different country, there is a one-year minimum interval before one can again change the country. 

Fortunately, however, I have learned that it is possible, even on a single Android smartphone, to have two separate Google accounts and their associated Google Play accounts -- one linked to one's home country and the other to Thailand.  The latter will allow one to download the section38 app and do one's own householder (TM.30) reporting, when a landlord, condominium juristic association, or another host for one's lodging is unable or unwilling to do so.)  

Here are some tips I learned after a number of failures that kept bringing the eServices "90-day reporting" app back to its opening page.

1.  On the app's opening or login page (2nd image attached), beware if one's phone loads one's email address from its cache into the field, rather than typing it oneself.  In my case, the cache had a space after the ".com ", which the app did not recognize.  My original registration of the app lacked any such space.  Instead of typing the email address character by character, one can simply backspace to remove any spurious space. 

Upon removing the space, the app proceeded to the next screen (3rd image attached) for which the upper box is the one to click to begin entering the required information.

2. The app is not very precise in its immigration terminology when its drop-down menu asks for the type of visa one has ("Tourist" or "Non-IMM") and the dates of its issuance and expiration.  A "visa", technically, is a stamp in one's passport issued at an overseas embassy or consulate permitting entry into a country, of which various types may routinely be associated with their own specific duration of permitted stay.  

A visa is NOT the same thing as an extension of one's permission to stay in a country beyond that initial routine period.  Many persons on ThaiVisa use the term "visa" loosely and imprecisely, just as the app currently does.  An extension of stay issued while in Thailand should not be called a "visa".  It is an entirely different immigration process.

In my case, my most recent "visa" was formally issued outside of Thailand several years ago, after which my presence has been authorized by several extensions of permission to stay.   Re-entries after use of that visa were by "Re-entry permits" issued in Thailand at an Immigration Office or an Immigration Office counter just after passing security into an international departure lounge".  A re-entry permit (single-entry or multiple-entry) is NOT a visa. 

(I have never relied on such an airport counter, just in case it is un-staffed by an officer taking a break or out sick.  Getting a new visa outside Thailand and getting a new extension of stay would be required if one leaves during a valid extension of stay period without such a re-entry permit.  Too much risk to take.)  

So when I initially kept entering the dates years ago when my last visa was issued and expired, the app kept rejecting the entry, bouncing me back to the app's opening page.  What the app should be asking is:  "Date of issuance and date of expiration of permission to stay in Thailand authorized upon entry using your most recent visa, OR DATES OF ISSUANCE OF YOUR CURRENT EXTENSION OF STAY AND ITS EXPIRATION."  

(Another ambiguity in the app's language is that single-entry or multiple-entry visas have an expiration date after which they cannot be used to enter a country.  I can only guess that the app wants to know the current date when one's permission to stay in Thailand expires, and NOT the expiration date after which that visa could not be used to ENTER Thailand.) 

When I finally ignored the app's question about my "visa" and entered the dates when my current extension of stay was issued and its expiration date, the app sent me on to the confirmation page. 

The dates I entered were stamped in my passport in purple ink and red ink (for the expiration date) within 12 lines of purple ink (the first two of which read "CHIANGMAI IMMIGRATION OFFICE / EXTENSION OF STAY PERMITTED UP TO ____________ ").  

So if one's official, most-recent visa used to enter Thailand has been superseded by subsequent extension(s) of stay obtained at an Immigration Office in Thailand, the dates of the latest are the ones to insert into the app when it asks for your "visa".

Despite this bit of difficulty with the app not ignoring trailing spaces after one's email address, and not asking for the dates of either one's visa issuance overseas (or date of arrival if one is permitted a "visa exempt" entry) and expiration of one's current permission to stay, the app is a real service to avoid making a trip to an Immigration Office.  Hopefully, others will find these tips useful.

Immigration-eServices-app_Google-Play-logo.jpg

Immigration-eServices-app_login-page.jpg

Immigration-eServices-app_page2.jpg

Edited by Bruce404

Just to set out what happened.

I changed the address on the 90 days and it was approved online.

So that tells me the Bangkok immigration treat the TM30 as actually an acceptable way to notify a change of address, that is, I didn't need to waste time visiting in person to do a TM28. This is very satisfactory.

4 hours ago, Advocate said:

October 31 2019. 90 day online reporting not working this morning. Error message on submission to contact local immigration office.

I got that all day yesterday too.

Have you previously done an online report successfully? Sometimes thee rror message means the system could not find your entry into the country listed

56 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I got that all day yesterday too.

Have you previously done an online report successfully? Sometimes thee rror message means the system could not find your entry into the country listed

Yes I have submitted many online 90 day reports.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Thanks for that - at least that means there is hope, if it comes back up maybe I can do the report

Site error message:

Failure of Web Server bridge:

No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF or method not idempotent.

I imagine this has been covered before but it's very quick!
my next 90-day report is due November 23. I know I can get out of it by flying out of the country

can I fly on Nov 23 itself?
Can I fly overseas on Nov. 24 or Nov 25 or within the few days' grace period they give us?
thanks in advance

13 minutes ago, pomozki said:

my next 90-day report is due November 23. I know I can get out of it by flying out of the country

can I fly on Nov 23 itself?

Yes

13 minutes ago, pomozki said:

Can I fly overseas on Nov. 24 or Nov 25 or within the few days' grace period they give us?

Yes

But if if noticed when you do your next report they could fine you for not doing a report.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

Huh....I don't understand! What's the big deal on a 90 day report.

wow, seriously? you have no idea of my personal circumstances, where I live, where I need to report to - yet you make a comment like that?
fwiw I live in Bangkok and like many, many other people would quite happily have a few days overseas and skip having to spend half a day getting to and from Chang Watthana - I've tried online reporting and it's a hassle and never works for me for reasons that are, frankly, none of your business

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pomozki said:

wow, seriously? you have no idea of my personal circumstances, where I live, where I need to report to - yet you make a comment like that?
fwiw I live in Bangkok and like many, many other people would quite happily have a few days overseas and skip having to spend half a day getting to and from Chang Watthana - I've tried online reporting and it's a hassle and never works for me for reasons that are, frankly, none of your business

Then do it by snail mail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, newatthis said:

thanks, a mate of mine does that and I might well do that in future - but in fact I have AirAsia points that I need to use soon and would make a quick trip overseas very cheap this time, so I might go for that ????

1 minute ago, newatthis said:

And then have to go to post office to buy stamps for return env - make multi copies/sign/pack and then mail registered and hope it arrives and when you do not receive env make the trip to CW anyhow to get the required receipt for next report.  

• Thanks 1

last time I checked, my wife was not eligible to file the 90 day online, as she had not been outside of Thailand since 2015. IO were very friendy earler this week - advised that she could file. Anyone know which is correct? tia.

15 minutes ago, paddypower said:

last time I checked, my wife was not eligible to file the 90 day online, as she had not been outside of Thailand since 2015. IO were very friendy earler this week - advised that she could file. Anyone know which is correct? tia.

Believe the cut off is a bit earlier than 2015 so if same passport as used for entry should be OK.  

On 11/2/2019 at 11:15 AM, paddypower said:

Just try it. If you can get past the first page then you are good.

I just done it and it’s working (although I made a mistake that may mean that I get refused, not reading carefully and though my sex is listed as male the honorific is Miss 55555555) 

But note that you may need to fill in information that is not correct, I have to 

On 11/4/2019 at 3:43 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

Just try it. If you can get past the first page then you are good.

I just done it and it’s working (although I made a mistake that may mean that I get refused, not reading carefully and though my sex is listed as male the honorific is Miss 55555555) 

But note that you may need to fill in information that is not correct, I have to 

It was approved yesterday so it certainly functions for the Udon office. (Even if you make a mistake) ????