International Departure - Restaurant Food Prices

cigar7

Be prepared for expensive meals/food the international departures area. A Burger King Whopper combo was 300 baht, that's CAD$12!! That same combo in Canada is CAD$5.

Had to go to Subway to get decent prices on coffee and food.

I recommend eating outside the departure area, level 1 food court, near door 8.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A well known trap.

I never had any meal there nor did I purchase anything from King Power.

Another trap: ATMs that spit foreign currency (Dollar, Euro or the like).

Ridicolous rates.

Still a bit surprised lately about Don Mueang (this dark and tight construction site),

Even in the public area before the security they call ridicolous prices.

50 Baht for a coke zero at at shop picked self service from the fridge.

Fridge: lukewarm.

And there is NO escape that I am aware of (as in Suv. with 7/11, food court downstairs etc,).

Edited by KhunBENQ

A well known trap.

I never had any meal there nor did I purchase anything from King Power.

Another trap: ATMs that spit foreign currency (Dollar, Euro or the like).

Ridicolous rates.

Still a bit surprised lately about Don Mueang (this dark and tight construction site),

Even in the public area before the security they call ridicolous prices.

50 Baht for a coke zero at at shop picked self service from the fridge.

Fridge: lukewarm.

And there is NO escape that I am aware of (as in Suv. with 7/11, food court downstairs etc,).

If you have time to kill at Don Mueang and want a low priced meal just go on the walkway across the highway as if you were going to the Amari hotel. On the other side of the highway go down the steps to your right and walk a minute or two. There are a bunch of Thai style open air restaurants with Thai prices there....if you continue up this street there is also a big Wat and just beyond that is a large 7/11 with normal prices. Nice way to get out of the airport BS and stretch your legs as well....not to mention the food is a fraction of the airport price and tastes better as well.

Not to be missed at Suvarnabhumi is KIN RAMEN on the third floor. Depending if you arrive or fly out, this is the first or last chance, to enjoy a decently chilled fresh Singha beer from the tap. It was worth it, every single sip.

post-8625-0-32353300-1427447774_thumb.jp

Edited by fxe1200

Burger King would have to pay me to eat one of their pathetic efforts. A big mac combo in Oz is $12 standard. A coffee and muffin for two at the local airport in Oz set me back 20US! Airport food is an expensive misery pretty well everywhere. Actually I think swampy has the best options of any airport I have used.

Airports are always expensive, you can't go anywhere else and the rents are high.

But by now even in normal Burger King shops in Thailand the prices are about 10% above those in western Europe!

. I'm in Dublin Airport 6.99 Euro for long Chicken Sandwich with small coke and small fries, Btw Never Change Money at Airport, RIPOFF...

Always more expensive at an airport with a captive clientele !

Almost always true but there are exceptions; in the Philippines, for example, snack prices in the captive areas are generally reasonable - assuming you can stomach Filipino fast food.

Burger King would have to pay me to eat one of their pathetic efforts. A big mac combo in Oz is $12 standard. A coffee and muffin for two at the local airport in Oz set me back 20US! Airport food is an expensive misery pretty well everywhere. Actually I think swampy has the best options of any airport I have used.

. Cmon the Best Choices, When the Last time you were in an Airport, Like SIN HKG Korea even Lax is Nice Now, Int. Only.

Airport prices are horrendous everywhere in the world , no surprise there- not sure I would call Burger King or Subway food.

My Mum who was a non stop traveller always used to pack smoked salmon sandwiches and a small bottle of gin! ( was before the no liquids rule) - not a bad idea .

Always more expensive at an airport with a captive clientele !

Almost always true but there are exceptions; in the Philippines, for example, snack prices in the captive areas are generally reasonable - assuming you can stomach Filipino fast food.

The Thai Government should regulate the airport prices as they do elsewhere in Bangkok. When I was charged 500 Baht last week at Don Muang for a Whopper and 1 fish burger, I was very hungry, not all travelers can afford those prices. Thailand image will improve a long way by simply selling with a normal price without any abuse. I suspect some mafia activity behind those prices.

Addis Ababa and Manila have decent prices.

Same in Canada or major airports in the world !

Last September at Vancouver Airport, a chicken salad sandwich and a small bottle of water ( Dasani Brand) 16 CAD $ at domestic gates departure area .

Edited by cnx355

Leave it to a Canadian to say this? :-) First of all, it's a Western franchise in another country......secondly, even if the menu isn't exactly the same, you will pay extra for the name, "Burger King" or whatever......thirdly, everyone that has traveled a bit, knows that anything you buy at the airport will cost you more.......that's why you buy whatever before you leave for any airport, otherwise, you're at their mercy.........when in the US, I always buy a sandwich or Subway to carry with me before I get to the airport.........a cup of coffee at your local Starbucks, usually cost like $2.75, you buy it at the airport franchise, and you'll pay almost $5!!

Where is your rock in Canada?? :-)

Nothing new here, Burger King prices are the same across the Kingdom... Same 300+ baht for a whopper "value meal" whether at Swampy or any other BK in the country... If you want your western grease fix you gotta ante up...

Don't complain about such have to buy trivial things.........no one holds a gun to your head, you have a choice like everyone else, buy and pay, or shut the **** up!

Why didn't you just go to a noodle shop for 40B? Maybe you have learned something now, try not to buy anything at any airport, or at any western franchised store and you'll save yourself some monies :-) I like to always bring a bag of methol cough drops with me, if flying........Walgreens in the US, .99 cents on sale.......one trip I forgot about it, bought a bag at the airport, I think it was like $2.50!!! Lesson learned to never do that again.........You buy at the airport, you pay.......up to you, but at their mercy.............haha.

Leave it to a Canadian to say this? :-) First of all, it's a Western franchise in another country......secondly, even if the menu isn't exactly the same, you will pay extra for the name, "Burger King" or whatever......thirdly, everyone that has traveled a bit, knows that anything you buy at the airport will cost you more.......that's why you buy whatever before you leave for any airport, otherwise, you're at their mercy.........when in the US, I always buy a sandwich or Subway to carry with me before I get to the airport.........a cup of coffee at your local Starbucks, usually cost like $2.75, you buy it at the airport franchise, and you'll pay almost $5!!

Where is your rock in Canada?? :-)

You actually buy Starbucks coffee? Exactly where are your taste buds located?

Not to be missed at Suvarnabhumi is KIN RAMEN on the third floor. Depending if you arrive or fly out, this is the first or last chance, to enjoy a decently chilled fresh Singha beer from the tap. It was worth it, every single sip.

Bugger me,could have bought a slab with that,madness.