Thai citizen in Australia requires travel insurance (currently uninsured)

imokg2g

Can anyone advise on which companies might offer travel insurance to Thai citizens currently abroad? Most of what I have been told by local travel insurance companies is that they either (a) don't insure foreign nationals, or (B) cannot commence an insurance policy once the individual has left their home country.

Does anyone have experience with this? Particularly concerned with experiences in Australia, however, any general advice would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Its standard to practice for Insurance to be obtained before travel not during. There will be companies out there, but will take some searching.

Moving this to Insurance forum, for more focused assistance.

Thanks to all for your fast responses.

Just to clarify we are in Australia already (arrived last Saturday) and will be for the next month or so. We need to start an insurance policy ASAP, neither the major Thai banks and popular local insurance providers are not interested.

We normally book with SCB, but due to the urgency of this visit it was overlooked.

An insurance broker should know what companies will offer travel insurance in your circumstances. There is a Thai Insurance Brokers Association and they should be able to help you find a suitable broker who knows what policies are out there.

There are plenty of options available online. The best being World Nomads. Just start the policy from the day after you apply and put your true return to Thailand date. Also make sure you are a Thai resident and your destination is Australia. I did this 2 years ago for my fiancé when she visited OZ and there were no problems.

World nomads will stsrt after you have left with a waiting period. Make sure you let them know that your home country is thailand.

That's funny, I also told them that......you can take it's gospel when I say this because I did it before......but nobody listens.

For abthai the best policy out there is the world nomads one, reasonably priced and FANTASTIC to deal with when claiming. I made 2 claim, one when injured and taken to hospital following an explanation soon and a property claim when I chased a bag snatcher and my good watch was damaged when I tackled him.

The claims process was fantastic.

The waiting period is 3?days from

Memory......but that might bevwrong

World nomads will stsrt after you have left with a waiting period. Make sure you let them know that your home country is thailand.

That's funny, I also told them that......you can take it's gospel when I say this because I did it before......but nobody listens.

For abthai the best policy out there is the world nomads one, reasonably priced and FANTASTIC to deal with when claiming. I made 2 claim, one when injured and taken to hospital following an explanation soon and a property claim when I chased a bag snatcher and my good watch was damaged when I tackled him.

The claims process was fantastic.

The waiting period is 3?days from

Memory......but that might bevwrong

Great minds.

Sorry, didn't see your post.

If people only let us rule the world, it would be such a better place. I wouldn't execute too many people, promise. Just the really bad ones!

:D

• Like 1