Prayut denies political ambition, urges new university

Lite Beer

Prayut denies political ambition, urges new university
THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- PRIME MINISTER Prayut Chan-o-cha has told a gathering of Hua Hin residents that he will not contest the next general election but before he steps down he would like to set the foundation for a new university in the resort city and a high-speed rail link with Bangkok.

"I'm glad to see all of you here, since I belong here too because my father once worked here," he said yesterday while in town for the mobile Cabinet meeting.

"I have ideas to set up a new-concept university for studies in |sufficiency economy. We will have light manufacturing to create jobs for local people here and we will have high-speed trains from Bangkok to here to promote tourism.

"So please be patient when officials try to keep the beach in order."

The government thinks about poor and low-income people all the time and is helping people to get out from under the burden of informal debt, mostly from loan sharks, he said.

"Our country has a threat but all of us can stop it and cooperate with the reform [efforts]," he said.

Prayut pointed to the founder of modern-day Singapore, the late Lee Kuan Yew, who he said spent more than 30 years developing that |country.

"He prohibited Singaporeans from doing many things, such as picking public flowers, dumping garbage, chewing gum and spitting. I cannot do it like him but please give me a chance," he said.

"How long do you want me to stay [in power]?" he said.

"Thirty years," someone shouted.

"Oh, I might die, then. No. I want to take a rest after retirement," he said. "I insist that I don't want to be a politician but I cannot stay away" while the country is in trouble.

Foreigners will understand the situation in Thailand eventually, he said.

"We have to help Thai people first, election and democracy later. You will have that right [democracy] some day," he said. "Whom will you choose in the election?"

"You," someone replied.

Prayut said: "No, no, no, I won't run in the race.

"I didn't come here for a political campaign. I have no political party."

Prayut admitted that the |economy was sluggish and said his government could not spark a |recovery in a short period.

He blamed previous governments for failing to lay down strong fundamentals for the economy, while farmers were hit with high production costs with low profits.

His government plans to help paddy farmers reduce their production costs, as they sell rice at Bt7,000-Bt8,000 a tonne while their production cost is Bt6,000. They earn too low of a margin, he said.

"The rice-pledging scheme cost the country Bt600 billion - it's too much," he said. "I don't blame anybody but let the justice system work on that problem."

The government has to pay Bt2.6 billion monthly for rice stocks from that project, he said.

Later, Prayut gave locals the chance to detail daily problems they faced and promised to take the issues into account.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Prayut-denies-political-ambition-urges-new-univers-30256943.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-28

Prayut pointed to the founder of modern-day Singapore, the late Lee Kuan Yew, who he said spent more than 30 years developing that |country.

"He prohibited Singaporeans from doing many things, such as picking public flowers, dumping garbage, chewing gum and spitting. I cannot do it like him but please give me a chance," he said

Prayut can be proud of himself also, he is not even a year in power and already prohibit Thais doing a lot of things (eat sandwiches, read books, gather with more than 5 people, make questionnaires that might not put him in a good light, use the "d-word", etc). So I am sure if he stays on for 29 more years he will also be able to outlaw picking flowers, dumping garbage, chewing gum and spitting.

• Like 2

Sorry general, I didn't understand your great vision!!wai2.gifwai2.gif

Of course Martial Law is needed to prevent people from picking public flowers and chewing gum!!

Costas was right all along.......................whistling.gif

• Like 1

"I have ideas to set up a new-concept university for studies in |sufficiency economy. We will have light manufacturing to create jobs for local people here and we will have high-speed trains from Bangkok to here to promote tourism.

Thailand doesn't know how lucky it is that all that time it had the golden child, full of golden ideas, hiding in the body of a soldier. NOT?

"Oh, I might die, then. No. I want to take a rest after retirement," he said. "I insist that I don't want to be a politician but I cannot stay away" while the country is in trouble.

"We have to help Thai people first, election and democracy later. You will have that right [democracy] some day," he said. "Whom will you choose in the election?"

"You," someone replied.

This is non-sensical. You don't ask people who would they choose when they have nobody to choose from yet, and if you're not in the running.

"I insist that I don't want to be a politician " Well give it up then and replace yourself!

Prayut pointed to the founder of modern-day Singapore, the late Lee Kuan Yew, who he said spent more than 30 years developing that |country."How long do you want me to stay [in power]?" he said.

"Thirty years," someone shouted. clap2.gifcheesy.gif

No further comment.

There will be no coup. i don't want to be PM.

Telling porkies again!!!

• Like 1

I wonder how much those well placed stooges in the audience were paid for their '' impromptu'' outburst of enthusiasm.

What would have happened if someone had beat them to the punch and shouted something less than appreciative ?

Don't think Attitude Adjustment would be consider sufficient.

• Like 1

"You," someone replied.

This is non-sensical. You don't ask people who would they choose when they have nobody to choose from yet, and if you're not in the running.

"I insist that I don't want to be a politician " Well give it up then and replace yourself!

Prayut pointed to the founder of modern-day Singapore, the late Lee Kuan Yew, who he said spent more than 30 years developing that |country."How long do you want me to stay [in power]?" he said.

No further comment.

Telling porkies again!!!

Perhaps the one time he actually was joking.

• Like 2

"I have ideas to set up a new-concept university for studies in |sufficiency economy."

Considering the Junta's massive failures in economic policies that has and will continue to weaken Thailand's economy, Prayut would have a better chance to establish a university for clowns. It would have better credibility and a whole army of soldiers who could qualify.

Welcome to the "Twelve Principles University of Hua Hin."

"You," someone replied.

No further comment.

No No a thousand times No oh well maybe coax me a little bit.

"You," someone replied.

No further comment.

Telling porkies again!!!

Perhaps the one time he actually was joking.

No, he wasn't joking - some posters are convinced that he said both of these things which is not the case.

I don't understand the negative comments....

No one remember the previous premiers?

Yingluck: silly and with corrupt cronies causing 1 trillion damage

Abhisit: Weakling

Somchai: coward without any ideas........

Samak: Corrupt liar who didn't do anything

Thaksin: who made the censorship on internet, calls himself Bushs best friend, corrupt to the bone and 3000 death in his war against drugs (with confirmed 1500 complete unrelated deaths)

In compare is Prayut an angle.

OK he isn't the smartest, but out of the 5 only Thaksin and Abhisit were smarter. And at least he tries to make things right.

Thaksin: who made the censorship on internet, calls himself Bushs best friend, corrupt to the bone and 3000 death in his war against drugs (with confirmed 1500 complete unrelated deaths)

OK he isn't the smartest, but out of the 5 only Thaksin and Abhisit were smarter. And at least he tries to make things right.

In a sense you are correct , Thailand has not been blessed with capable leadership. The good general looks feeble at the best of times.

Is there any proof of Thaksin ordering the deaths of those men ? Heard the rumor several times, but have not read anything substantive .

Don't worry too much, it's nearly over. You won't have to grasp at too many more straws trying to defend this buffoon his time is almost up.