Transform a Tourist visa into a Non-Immigrant Visa "B" AT IMMIGRATION in Bangkok

Dear everyone,

I am sorry if this information has already been discussed before.

Here is the situation:

My friend VIETNAM national, here in Thailand under a TOURIST VISA, has been offered a job by a big company, paying over the minimum 25 000 THB requested for a work permit for a Vietnamese national, the company will prepare all the papers to issue a Non-Immigrant "B" visa.

My question is:

Can my friend go to immigration in Chawengwatthana to transform his Tourist Visa in a Non Immigrand "B" Visa or does he absolutely needs to go back to Vietnam to request for this Non-Immigrand "B" visa.

Thanks a lot all of you for your help,

Have a great day.

In some cases a change of visa status can be done at Bangkok or one of the 3 regional offices allowed to do it.

It will take a stack of documents and a work permit approval letter to do it. One of the most common problems is that one of the documents required is a certified education certificate.

Thank you for your reply. A work permit approval letter ... ( Is it possible that the employer could provide this? additionally to the regular paper to get a Non-Immigrant "B" visa). He has a certified educational certificate, from Vietnam, what is the process for a "thai" certified educational certificate.

If the chances are too small, please let me know straight away, will tell him to go to Vietnam.

Thanks Ubonjoe and H90 for your valuable input (he speaks thai, can help).

Regards.

The work permit application approval letter is done by the Labor Ministry after the application is done. It would also be needed to apply for a non-b visa at an embassy or consulate.

Education certificates are normally certified by the issuing authority. Some embassies will do it also. Immigration will also accept a self certification done by doing a sworn statement at an embassy.

I would say, as Vietnam isn't far away it is easier and cheaper to get the proper Visa there.

If he really want to change the Visa type I wouldn't even try it without a broker and it will be expensive as many documents are required.