How long a person missing...

kingalfred

Not intending to be sarcastic, but honestly, if you want a missing person found you will need to offer the police a "reward". It is commonly known the police don;t do anything except for publicity or money. You might be better hiring a private detective...

• Like 1

Not intending to be sarcastic, but honestly, if you want a missing person found you will need to offer the police a "reward". It is commonly known the police don;t do anything except for publicity or money. You might be better hiring a private detective...

' It is commonly known the police don;t do anything except for publicity or money. "

I'm always is awe at the number of people on Thai Visa who have extensive knowledge of and, presumably, stores of personal experience with the police. In nearly 15 years here the only police I've ever had to deal with are the office staff at Immigrations.

Or maybe all this "common knowledge" is handed down from other police procedural experts here at the Farang Fantasy Factory.

• Haha 1

' It is commonly known the police don;t do anything except for publicity or money. "

I'm always is awe at the number of people on Thai Visa who have extensive knowledge of and, presumably, stores of personal experience with the police. In nearly 15 years here the only police I've ever had to deal with are the office staff at Immigrations.

Or maybe all this "common knowledge" is handed down from other police procedural experts here at the Farang Fantasy Factory.

I haven't had extensive experience just two neither of which is fantasy or fabricated.

My wife's sister's car was rented to a Thai lady -she sold it + 2 other cars. Police would do nothing without an upfront payment which she was unable to find. She had to continue paying her bank loan for years but had no car. The police sent us to Pattaya main station and Jomtien just to inconvenience us.

Second story: my step daughter (23) was in an abusive relationship. Her boyfriend hit/kicked her on a number of occasions once hospitalising her. He set fire to her boarding house. Police were unwilling to move as he was the son of a teacher and moneylender. Only after he threatened her and a neighbour with a gun was anything done but it was the army who did it not the local, lazy, greedy police.

Two incidents with 100% police inactivity. Over to you.

• Like 2

then you shouldn't comment if thats your only contact. Nothing to contribute.