What Kind Of Snake Is This?

Blackfish64

its a tree snaked, if its got black on the end of its tail, like a burn , its poisonous. It thinks your electric box is a hole in a tree. and it will sleep there. leave it alone they are no problem,

Edited by Thongkorn

Yeah, the pics are a touch blurry. Best I could do under the circumstances. He would not be still long enough to let the close up adjust.

The first time I saw him in the box two days ago I did not know he was in there. I stuck my hand in to flip the switch and he sprang out of there like his life depended on it and sped off like lightning once he hit the ground. He didn't try to bite. He was absolutely skittish and wanted nothing to do with me.

Tonight I figured he would be in the box and came up slowly and calm and opened the door as quietly as I could. But still he would have none of it and started making moves to get away immediately.

I showed the pic to the chef, who is a snake nut and who loves to eat snake. He does not speak English, but he told me as best he could this snake is called, "Sing". I looked up some pics, and he looks close to a few of the pics and descriptions I found, so maybe chef is right.

I think I will just close off the holes at the bottom of the box where the wires are going through. Some caulking or silicone or whatever is laying around in the tool shed should do nicely. Hard to believe he can even fit through those tiny holes!

The red one could be a Copperhead, but I can't be positive.

I did a google search for the black one, and it came up negative.

No idea what the green one could be - rarely seen in Thailand.

*I'm getting my coat.

Copperhead in Thailand, come on! They live in North and Central America.

Yeah, the pics are a touch blurry. Best I could do under the circumstances. He would not be still long enough to let the close up adjust.

The first time I saw him in the box two days ago I did not know he was in there. I stuck my hand in to flip the switch and he sprang out of there like his life depended on it and sped off like lightning once he hit the ground. He didn't try to bite. He was absolutely skittish and wanted nothing to do with me.

Tonight I figured he would be in the box and came up slowly and calm and opened the door as quietly as I could. But still he would have none of it and started making moves to get away immediately.

I showed the pic to the chef, who is a snake nut and who loves to eat snake. He does not speak English, but he told me as best he could this snake is called, "Sing". I looked up some pics, and he looks close to a few of the pics and descriptions I found, so maybe chef is right.

Here for you to compere.

post-94947-0-96909900-1427552914_thumb.j

Here for you to compere.

That looks like him! Only his head had a reddish tint to it.

The "red one" and "black one" quoted by Chickenlegs was talking about the cables,

"The red one could be a Copperhead, but I can't be positive.

I did a google search for the black one, and it came up negative."

Red = positive, Black = Negative....

not a snake, incase you missed the poor attempt at humor, so the reference to copperhead isnt/wasnt real.

Here for you to compere.

That looks like him! Only his head had a reddish tint to it.

They can have small varitions in colour

The "red one" and "black one" quoted by Chickenlegs was talking about the cables,

not a snake, incase you missed the poor attempt at humor, so the reference to copperhead isnt/wasnt real.

And green is Earth (ground)... "rarely seen in Thailand".

What do you have to do to get a laugh around here?

Edited by chickenslegs

Funny, really.clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif I must give Chickenlegs a like.

And green is Earth (ground)... "rarely seen in Thailand".

What do you have to do to get a laugh around here?

Your humor was to clever for the lot of us. clap2.gif

It`s a common rat snake, completely harmless. Frequent visitors here in our garden. They like to get into small dark places, we presently have a nest of them under our garden shed.

Judging that the rat snake in the OP appears to have quite vivid markings, means it`s a young one. They lose most of their patterns as they reach adulthood.

Here is what to do: rat snakes don`t like water. Have a bowl of cold water at the ready. When the snake returns to the electric box again, make it go back onto the ground and then throw the water at it. Guaranteed it will get the hint it`s not wanted and won`t return.

post-110219-0-10259900-1427563821_thumb.