Thai Airlines Face Bans Over Possible Safety Issues

Jacob Maslow

Improper safety training? Improper safety maintenance? Fake certificates?

Oh, Joe, say it ain't so?

According to one report, the mentioned airlines could only pass 21 of the 100 required safety measures of ICAO. That's a very frightening thought.

Seems like people outside of Thailand don't buy the mai pen rai of Thai superiority, and actually mean business when it comes to safety.

Oh but some would say the industry does not need a shake up

Bet there is plenty of other airlines flying poorly maintained aircraft/ pilots /bodgey crew ect.

Lubitz may get his wish yet and shake the industry up.

Edited by kiwikeith

Stop panicking everybody. All those spirits at Suvarnabhumi will take care of us.

Mind you, if they build the new terminal they will have to build more condos for all the extra ghosts.

Mind you, if they build the new terminal they will have to build more condos for all the extra ghosts.

Me thinks spirit houses would be better, na.

it all article only part article first part what see who

This I allready report 2 days ago in another topic!

What I read is , that one of the possible ban of Thai air flights is that stuff did not learn any saefty rules what you have to do in case of emergency, and the controll organizations also found out , that some certificates of crew members are faked!

Proberbly the also ban Thai , is that the always serve me cold menus during the last 2 flights!

When I want change, I got ignored , with a smiling yes sir we change ,

but the promised hot warm up menu never come !

Copyright by sandman77

"Copyright by sandman77" cheesy.gif

What on Earth are you claiming copyright on .. ? Your inability to write?

This I allready report 2 days ago in another topic!

What I read is , that one of the possible ban of Thai air flights is that stuff did not learn any saefty rules what you have to do in case of emergency, and the controll organizations also found out , that some certificates of crew members are faked!

Proberbly the also ban Thai , is that the always serve me cold menus during the last 2 flights!

When I want change, I got ignored , with a smiling yes sir we change ,

but the promised hot warm up menu never come !

Copyright by sandman77

"Copyright by sandman77" cheesy.gif

What on Earth are you claiming copyright on .. ? Your inability to write?

Ever heard about artistic freedom??

Itt iss uup too eech postre too vrite the wai he wand!!

Copyright by JOC

What airlines do the planes in that pic fly for?

Royal Thai airlines. They are not civilian planes. Strange choice to include it in this topic.

This particular journalist always seems to use suspect photos with his articles - remember the 'hazy' photos of Chiang Mai?

This is fantastic news....

Thailand needs a good spanking, so they begin to understand reality.

Its time to get out of the dark ages and replace witch doctors with qualified people

So..... you get enjoyment out of Thailand' misfortunes I take it?.....do you live here?

Ok I will bite.

What are the safety issues?

The topic was discussed in full detail some weeks back when the initial ICAO report and its implications were discussed. Everything is deemed in need of a major overhaul. Thailand is on the same footing as a developing country in deepest Africa.

Thailand was supposed to have delivered its response several weeks ago. I do not know if that happened, or if the response was deemed unsatisfactory. However, what is known is that the official ICAO report will be released in May. The ramifications are significant in that all or some Thai flagged airlines may be prevented from landing in the EU or the sole TG North American airport of LAX. Considering the haste of Japan and now South Korea, it could be a total ban for Thai flagged airlines to fly there. The delay is a way of giving the alliance/partner airlines an opportunity to have contingency plans in place. Scoot may substitute for Nok Scoot, Air Asia mainline may substitute for Thai Air Asia etc. It will be a massive mess once this report is issued.

Of greater concern is the potential ban of entering the airspace of the concerned nations.

Interesting enough, some countries without an emphasis on air safety such as China and India have said nothing.

WOW…So no chance of you telling me the what the safety issues are then either?

You and JOC are very similar..Dodging the question.

Please just answer me….It aint hard.

Edited by djjamie

Ok I will bite.

Take your pick: Thaksin or Islam.....................coffee1.gif

WOW… Thanks for the clarification..

So again I ask…What are the safety issues?

You should probably call the ICAO and ask them if you really care about the issue. I doubt someone on this forum could answer this for you better than them. Just a thought.

• Like 1

Ok I will bite.

WOW… Thanks for the clarification..

So again I ask…What are the safety issues?

You should probably call the ICAO and ask them if you really care about the issue. I doubt someone on this forum could answer this for you better than them. Just a thought.

Thank you…

At last a reply offering intellectual substance.

Well done…Not a hint belittling in your reply either.

Nice one and thanks again.

• Like 1

Ok I will bite.

WOW Thanks for the clarification..

So again I askWhat are the safety issues?

Next we will be hearing ICAO are a red shirt front organisation in the pay of Thaksin...

So the the pix of the F-16 and Hercules on the tarmac is pointing to the RTAF lending aircraft to civilian airlines to keep em in the air. If your lucky enough to score a seat (deck chair!) in a Herc due to lack of inflight service you will need to take a bottle of water with you and a bag of sandwiches. After your finished the water hang on to the bottle cos you will need to pee later and hang on to the sandwich bag.......just in case you need to vomit!

Nothing wrong with the toilets on a Herc. As long as you are male, only need to pee and don't mind an audience. You may need the sandwich bag for more than just vomit. blink.png

Ok I will bite.

The topic was discussed in full detail some weeks back when the initial ICAO report and its implications were discussed. Everything is deemed in need of a major overhaul. Thailand is on the same footing as a developing country in deepest Africa.

Thailand was supposed to have delivered its response several weeks ago. I do not know if that happened, or if the response was deemed unsatisfactory. However, what is known is that the official ICAO report will be released in May. The ramifications are significant in that all or some Thai flagged airlines may be prevented from landing in the EU or the sole TG North American airport of LAX. Considering the haste of Japan and now South Korea, it could be a total ban for Thai flagged airlines to fly there. The delay is a way of giving the alliance/partner airlines an opportunity to have contingency plans in place. Scoot may substitute for Nok Scoot, Air Asia mainline may substitute for Thai Air Asia etc. It will be a massive mess once this report is issued.

Of greater concern is the potential ban of entering the airspace of the concerned nations.

Interesting enough, some countries without an emphasis on air safety such as China and India have said nothing.

WOW…So no chance of you telling me the what the safety issues are then either?

You and JOC are very similar..Dodging the question.

Please just answer me….It aint hard.

This could be what you are looking for.

http://www.wfw.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/WFW-Aviation-ThailandPotentialICAODowngrade.pdf

• Like 1

My guess ...Not happy with Thai servicing. Vital work almost every flight. Takes skill and knowledge,with certificates for all training

And that is one of the points. THe Certificates seem to be signed by people without the qualifications to issue these licences.