Man arrested in Bangkok over alleged killing of 2-year-old stepson

webfact

Man arrested over alleged killing of 2-year-old stepson
THE NATION

30257018-01_big.JPG
Anont Phimnoo

BANGKOK: -- A MAN WAS arrested yesterday for violently assaulting his two-year-old stepson, who later died of his injuries in Klong Sam Wa district.

The incident was caught by a surveillance camera.

Former truck driver Anont Phimnoo, 28, said he regretted attacking the unnamed boy, and did not think "the issue would turn serious".

He said he had apologised to the mother of the boy, Suphanon Tawisut, 22, and would not speak further on the issue.

Anont is in police custody after he failed to raise the Bt200,000 bail. Police said a drug test on Anont came back negative.

Suphanon said her son was crying when Anont brought him back to their apartment in Makkasan. He fell unconscious before she could get him to a doctor and died 10 minutes before arriving at a hospital. She said Anont told her the boy fell in the stairway and she believed him at first.

Suphanon's relatives became suspicious and contacted the apartment building's management in an attempt to get more information before filing a complaint with police, who obtained the CCTV footage on Friday and liased with Makkasan police before they charged him with assault leading to death.

The CCTV footage revealed that Anont had kicked the boy's body and slapped his face several times in a fire exit stairway.

The attack took place on Monday night, with the CCTV footage of the assault going viral on social media on Saturday night.

He was arrested yesterday in Kamphaeg Phet province where it is understood he was hiding.

Suphanon said Anont was a violent man when drunk, and that he drank more frequently after he lost his job as a truck driver.

She said she ended their relationship after she saw the CCTV footage. Assault leading to death carries a prison term of three to 15 years.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Man-arrested-over-alleged-killing-of-2-year-old-st-30257018.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-30

UPDATE:

Two-year-old boy beat and killed by stepfather

Bangkok: – Police have arrested and charged Anon Phimnu, 28, for physical assault causing death of his stepson Natcha Boonruam, aged 2.

Anon is being detained at Nimit Mai police station, pending the completion of police report and the court’s remand hearing.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/813114-two-year-old-boy-beat-and-killed-by-stepfather/

Thainess!! When will they learn that keeping feelings inside causes people to snap and lose control. What a tragedy to this innocent baby. Loss of control has been increasing in thailand. Instead of addressing problems thainess insists you smile and hide anger and say mail pan rai. This anger does not go away and builds up until even a small thing causes someone to snap and lose control. When will they learn?

• Like 2

I saw this video and it's doing the rounds on facebook amongst the Thais.

The guy beats the kid to death picking him up and throwing him down hard onto the ground like a rag doll. He doesn't stop there though and continues beating him.

I've heard the "I can't believe a Thai person could do this" saying before but this time there's plenty of evidence.

I wonder if he was on that yabba stuff or something. If not then I wonder how many other people he's killed so far.

• Like 2

Assault leading to death carries a penalty of up to 15 years in jail, disgusting. And to think yuyee got that for having 0.2grams of coke, and many other non violent offenders are doing 50 year terms for pretty small time drug offences.

Even more sickening is that bail is even an option. When the evidence is so clear cut in this case (CCTV) then surely public protection should be paramount & this guy stays locked up where he won't harm anybody and where hopefully some nastier cell mates will take special care of him & keep him in his place.

• Like 2

Saw this on television this morning. Absolutely the worst. Death penalty is too good for this scum. The mom needs to be investigated too as, even though her face was pixelated out, there was no crying, no sobs, no shaky voice.

Thainess!! When will they learn that keeping feelings inside causes people to snap and lose control. What a tragedy to this innocent baby. Loss of control has been increasing in thailand. Instead of addressing problems thainess insists you smile and hide anger and say mail pan rai. This anger does not go away and builds up until even a small thing causes someone to snap and lose control. When will they learn?

It's society's fault. Oh really.

I saw part of the video - couldn't watch it to the end. It's horrendous. Kill this filthy sack of sh!t. And slap that a'hole who watched in jail for 20 years - the useles scumbag. Don't watch the vid, people. Don't .

Yes I sore the video I felt sick this man does not deserve death he deserved a punishment worse than death. The boy was still alive till the last assault when he picked him up after kicking and beating him then throw him on the floor.

Also there was a man walked past the corridor he did nothing. He could have done something . The kid was no more than 20 kilos I am sure even if the passer by was more than 50 kilos he could have protected him. No good

A grown man of 28 being capable to fight a 2 year old and managing to win without the help of a gang of friends this must be a first in Thailand Thai man wins fight alone on a one to one basis he is obviously a danger to children hope he is incarcerated for at least the remainder of his sick life people like this who harm innocents must not be allowed to walk the streets ever again can only hope he has not got the money or connections to buy his way out of this and charged with assault and the child is dead because of the vicious cruel assault I hope this would be now classified as murder and death sentence permitted in this case. RIP to the innocent little baby boy.

• Like 1

Shameful act and Thailand should be ashamed of its low bail levels for crimes.

It's not Thailands fault but I agree this man should not have been allowed bail or even the chance of bail. I reckon he did not want to pay as maybe he thinks he is safer in jail

• Like 1

I can't watch the video.

I only hope that child killers are treated the same way in Thailand, by the other prisoners, as they are apparently treated in other parts of the world.

I have a young child, will not watch the video. In prison if you

are a murderer, you are at the top of pecking order. If you

are a pedophile, you are the bottom of the pecking order.

If you killed a child, not sure where you would fit in . Am

guessing not good.... I am not really a member of the hang

em high brigade here, or a member of the keyboard warrior

tough guy club, but I would surely love five minutes with

this guy in a room with a baseball bat......

Two years old ??? Jesus H Christ..................

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1