Denied entry back into Thailand at Poi Pet

A VOA cannot be obtained at any border crossing with Cambodia. If you fly back in there are VOA's available at the airports.

Or were you wanting to get a visa exempt entry?

What was the reason for denying entry? Did you get a stamp stating you were denied entry? If yes what was the reason under section 12 of the immigration act.

Were you trying to make out/in border crossing?

If you did not get a denial of entry stamp it was not a legitimate denial of entry. There is no rule or regulation that limits the number of entries you can do. You can only be denied entry under section 12 of the immigration act. The most common reasons are lack of financial proof or suspicion of working illegally in the country,

You should be able to fly back into the country and get visa exempt entry without a problem. But you should have the equivalent at least 10k bath (20k is best) in cash to show them if is asked for..

Thank you Ubon for your advise. I was asked for onward airtravel out of TL which I could not produce. I will fly back into Bkk today, I was wondering if I might get denied there too.

Thanks for your help, I will try to find an air ticket now.

Might be worth buying a cheap flight out of Thailand dated for 60 days from date of arrival. The Air Asia flights to Sing and KL are very cheap if booked ahead.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, could you give us some idea of your recent in & out history? Also, was there any consultation with a supervisor or other officer at all, or just a flat, unreviewed denial?

Edited by hawker9000

I have done the border trip to many times, so the immigration computer blocked my entry I was told.

Why not go to Immigration at Chaeng Whattana ? I went today, took 90 mins start to finish, costs 1900 THB and you'll get 30 day extension easily, unless theres a problem with your passport. Very efficient and saves hours on land crossings and the cost of flying in and out. Can't do back to back but def a good thing.

Guys where is the Immigration at Chaeng Whattana? I need to go and get my visa changed to my new passport. I know before anyone says it, they dont transfer it to the new passport they just stamp to say there is a valid visa in the old passport

Guys where is the Immigration at Chaeng Whattana? I need to go and get my visa changed to my new passport. I know before anyone says it, they dont transfer it to the new passport they just stamp to say there is a valid visa in the old passport

Map and info on how to get there is here. http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location1.html

Ok, I'm back in BKK now. When I arrived at DMK my PP was of course still flagged in the computer system and I was again asked to meet an officer.

In a back room the man had a look at my PP and asked what I am doing etc. This man listened and thought about it and asked some more questions

and told me he will let me get trough this one more time.

The thing is that I do have family with a child here and can (and should) actually apply for a non O. I did get non O's on many occasions before and extended

them at CW immigration. However recently I grew tired of the longer trip and just went over the border and back and got an extension on these based on

having a child. I did wrongly assume that because of this extension it would not count as "back to back", so I got flagged like everone else who has done so

without getting extensions based on having family here.

So, everything is good in the end, nothing out of the ordinary has happened.

Wasn't it made clear last year that the Thai Authorities were imposing strict limits on Border runs and would take the kind of action as manifested in this case? My understanding is that if you have to do Border runs multiple times within the 12 Months validity, it has to be against "O" visas only/

Wasn't it made clear last year that the Thai Authorities were imposing strict limits on Border runs and would take the kind of action as manifested in this case? My understanding is that if you have to do Border runs multiple times within the 12 Months validity, it has to be against "O" visas only/

Not 'O' visa only, any type of visa including Tourist is not subject to any restriction.