Floor tile quality

Benjie

If buying from Boonthavorn no need to open up each box and inspect every tile on delivery since you have 14 days or so (check the delivery note) to return any damaged/unwanted items. At least check around the box for obvious damage as they are unloaded. Done this several times - opened all the boxes within the 14 days and put all the chipped or cracked ones into one box and took it back for a full swap. No problem. Maybe HomePro/HomeWorks do the same.

Edited by GavinK
  • Like 1

I wonder just how much flood/water damaged stock there is in some of these stores left over from the 2011 floods.

You could very well be right. When I did my floor the builder explained to me about this type of tile and how the cheaper brands have no protective coating and will absorb contamination if in contact for any length of time.

Apparently the tile I had chosen was like that and advised that I go and choose a better brand, he actually came with me to make sure I got it right. This was over 5 years ago and at that time you could not get a coated tile for less than 350 baht/ sq m.

When I first saw the photos my first reaction was oil contamination but it could well be dirty water.

agree with buying from boonthavorn

great (euro style) customer service, and if you want to return something, you can.... if you buy too many, and want to return them..... no problem

their credit notes even last for 2 years or so........ compare that to thai watsadu's 4 weeks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to follow up, Home Sukkapan followed through on their promise and replaced all of the tiles (even the ones we had laid already) with our choice from their showroom, very happy with their professionalism throughout the whole situation from their prompt reply (in English) to my emails, detailing the problem and then providing a solution for us.

• Like 1