First Army Area Commander to enforce Section 44 in place of martial law

webfact

First Army Area Commander to enforce Section 44 in place of martial law

BANGKOK, 31 March 2015 (NNT) - The Commanding General of the First Army Area has expressed his readiness to enforce any order that might be given under Section 44 of the 2014 interim constitution.

There is wide speculation that the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) would utilize its prerogatives granted under Section 44 in the event that the government lifts martial law.

Section 44 of the current interim constitution grants the head of NCPO absolute authority to prevent or cease any activity it deems a threat to the nation’s peace, security, institutions or economy.

Commanding General of the First Army Area Lieutenant General Kampanat Ruddit assured that he would enforce Section 44 for the purpose of national security and progress, while obeying the rule of law and individual rights.

Lt. Gen. Kampanat also revealed that his forces have been monitoring the activities of underground resistance groups and will primarily employ peaceful negotiations to resolve unrest.

The General has also tasked security officers with maintaining order during the upcoming Songkran Festival.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-03-31 footer_n.gif

Love us or to the camps with you!

Just think PTP could of been exposed and legitimately voted out in a few years. Instead we have this....

So that would be after they borrowed the 2.3 trillion baht, used it to prop up the rice scam, a few more G2G rice sales. Just how much could they squander and steal in 'a few years'? Who gets to pay that debt?

• Like 1

Lt. Gen. Kampanat also revealed that his forces have been monitoring the activities of underground resistance groups and will primarily employ peaceful negotiations to resolve unrest.

Does he mean people who believe in the right to democratic elections, freedom of speech and a free press?

Scary times for those who live there; even more worrying for those who cannot leave.

There are talks from some believing that Thailand could be the next Singapore if they had a gov willing to act for the people and whilst it must be said that Singapore was highly successful I doubt those running Thailand could mirror its success.

• Like 1

... "also revealed that his forces have been monitoring the activities of underground resistance groups and will primarily employ peaceful negotiations to resolve unrest" ... yeh sure! Do you believe that?

44 will also outrule the justice department. So Prajuth can technically ignore and outrule all judges.

I hope every single newspaper and newsstation in the rest of the world will cover this one.

I wonder how he will spin that one.

Hapiness for all Thais.

>>Section 44 of the current interim constitution grants the head of NCPO absolute authority to prevent or cease any activity it deems a threat to the nation’s peace, security, institutions or economy.>> Quote

And who decides the level of threat??

Oh silly me, Mr P of course!!

• Like 1

Just think PTP could of been exposed and legitimately voted out in a few years. Instead we have this....

So that would be after they borrowed the 2.3 trillion baht, used it to prop up the rice scam, a few more G2G rice sales. Just how much could they squander and steal in 'a few years'? Who gets to pay that debt?

Instead, you prefer to continure rewarding the perps that killed 93 and wounded a thousand in 2010 with absolute power? Well, don't you just have a warped set of priorities.

which of course, naturally justifies usurping the sovereign right of the Thai people to self-governance...

where can I puke?

In your hat.

The ONLY person in Thailand with 'absolute' authority is the King.

Is Prayuth placing himself above the King?

If so is he breaking any laws I wonder?

Don't be so hard on him, he puts his hands way high on top of his head when he bows in front of a painting so that everyone can see how committed he is.

• Like 1

Instead, you prefer to continure rewarding the perps that killed 93 and wounded a thousand in 2010 with absolute power? Well, don't you just have a warped set of priorities.

While you continue to make false claims, distort numbers, and repeat red BS propaganda. At least I can count.

"This here is an article 44, the most powerful article in Thailand, it could just lock you up indefinitely, strip even more rights from you, and you may ask yourself, do I prefer regular law, Martial law or this here article 44", " in all this excitement I can't remember if I opted for regular law, martial law, or article 44, so do you feel lucky punk" ?

• Like 1

which of course, naturally justifies usurping the sovereign right of the Thai people to self-governance...

where can I puke?

In your hat.

nah, just hold out your hands...

I am reminded of the immortal words of Corporal Agarn in F Troop. While impersonating General Ulysses S. Grant, he confronts the leaders of the Hakawi Tribe, who have stolen a cannon. His parting words? "Peace be with you Hakawi's...or we'll wipe you out!"

After all, in situations like this, you're either laughing or crying.

You will notice the language is constantly being cranked up.

We now have 'underground resistance groups'. This is primarily for foreign consumption. I ask you, what picture does that conjure up in the minds of ordinary people in the rest of the world.?

What it does, of course, is to make people think 'Hmmm maybe martial law or its replacement is sensible".

If I got together with a few TVF people and discussed the current situation, would we be one of these groups?.

We now have 'underground resistance groups'. This is primarily for foreign consumption. I ask you, what picture does that conjure up in the minds of ordinary people in the rest of the world.?

What it does, of course, is to make people think 'Hmmm maybe martial law or its replacement is sensible".

If I got together with a few TVF people and discussed the current situation, would we be one of these groups?.

Not unless you started putting bombs together, or decided chucking grenades was a legitimate form of political expression.

• Like 1

A selfie with Costas from the meeting should clear you of all suspicions................whistling.gif

• Like 1