Thai Civil Aviation Department issue 22 licences in nine months

webfact

Civil Aviation Department issue 22 licences in nine months

31-3-2558-16-40-53-wpcf_728x404.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Thai Civil Aviation Department has issued operating licences to 22 airlines within just nine months, according to the audits of the International Civil Aviation Organisation.

So far, the CAD has issued operating licences to 70 scheduled and charter airlines of which 61 of them are still operational and, out of these, 41 of them are charter flight operators.

The above findings are part of ICAO’s assessment of Thailand’s overall aviation industry. Among the areas considered in the assessment include personnel licensing and training, airworthiness assessment and certification, accident investigation and airline operations oversight.

After the assessment, ICAO has flagged “significant safety concerns” on Thai airlines.

ICA’s negative review has led to Japan, South Korea and China to ban new flights from Thailand. But there is a concern that other countries may take similar action.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha has invoked Section 44 of the interim Constitution to try to fix the problem. But it remains to be seen how long it will take to solve the problem.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/civil-aviation-department-issue-22-licences-in-nine-months

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-03-31

One more time the "pyromaniac fireman" strategy.

1- Since you make a coup you authorize 22 new airlines... for some reasons... probably friendship.

2- Of course this is a mess.

3- The foreign countries tell you to put in the house in order.

4- You invoke article 44 to get full power telling "I'm obliged to because there are disorders since 9 months..."

• Like 1

1- Since you make a coup you authorize 22 new airlines... for some reasons... probably friendship.

4- You invoke article 44 to get full power telling "I'm obliged to because there are disorders since 9 months..."

The article did not indicate when that 9 months started. And you are assuming...?

• Like 2

I suppose know one knows if that many licence issues is unusual unless they give a reference point to what is or is not the normal.

I only know that Thaksin (and so the previous governments) tried to delay or block license to new airlines to protect his business.

• Like 1

I suppose know one knows if that many licence issues is unusual unless they give a reference point to what is or is not the normal.

I only know that Thaksin (and so the previous governments) tried to delay or block license to new airlines to protect his business.

What reference does airline licence issuance in the past 9 months have to Thaksin????

I do try and make political points sometimes, but this is clearly not one of them.

• Like 1

Give us a break please!!

How would fewer airlines make Mr T sell more mobile-phones (or network)

I take you only fly Junta Air.......................coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Quiet obviously the Thai Civil Aviation Department wants to please everyone , certification takes a long time, possibly up to 2 years in some difficult cases , seems without saying that for some reason there is a trend to fast track certifications, TAT will be pleased ,at this rate 3 million quality tourists a week will eventually arrive at swampy, unfortunately the experience of the owners, administration, flight deck , cabin crew and ground maintenance may lack what is required in today's aviation Industry, risky days indeed.coffee1.gif

What reference does airline licence issuance in the past 9 months have to Thaksin????

I do try and make political points sometimes, but this is clearly not one of them.

Airasia is or was connected to Thaksin.

So he forced Thai Airways to stop serving some destinations. But they made NOK Air independent enough to be sometimes able to take these destinations over.

Additional he tried to force other airlines out of business. (Orient Thai for example, with some nonsense customs duty thing....).

Than with Don Muang and a other government Air Asia was not allowed to use this airport, with the next government change (Yingluck) they wanted to give Air Asia a 90% discount over the other airlines on the DMK airport (I don't know if it happened or not....it got silent).

So there is a battle since many years about which airline can do what. With the Shinawatras but sure other oligarchs as well.

I guess additionally there will be some corruption in the system.

• Like 2

I actually got a certificate last year, via Khao San Rd., explaining my Thai and English proficiency (jing jing).

I also purchased an Air Traffic Controller's certificate, along with my crudentials of in-depth training and knowledge of Asian geography.

I now use my Samsung S6 at home to integrate my radar and Don Muang and Suva airports' traffic controls using Google maps to control some of the increased airflow. It's amazing what a few slightly obscure certs can achieve.

sent from my Nokia N95.

• Like 1

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha has invoked Section 44 of the interim Constitution to try to fix the problem.

I hope he didn't forget to inform the NLA president and himself about invoking Section 44 coffee1.gif

How dies invoking section 44 hep with airline safety .. is it a majic section and now suddenly all is perfect in the airline industry?

It takes the ' immense powers ' under Art 44's absolute control to get a govt dept to do its job ?

Disgraceful and frightening too.

• Like 2

Some officials got rich in 9 months.

I hope Prayuth orders an independent audit of how these 22 licences were issued, and whether the rigorous aviation scrutiny was 100% followed.

Otherwise Thailand will get a name for itself as a Flag of Convenience for shady airlines.

• Like 1

Airasia is or was connected to Thaksin.

So he forced Thai Airways to stop serving some destinations. But they made NOK Air independent enough to be sometimes able to take these destinations over.

Additional he tried to force other airlines out of business. (Orient Thai for example, with some nonsense customs duty thing....).

Than with Don Muang and a other government Air Asia was not allowed to use this airport, with the next government change (Yingluck) they wanted to give Air Asia a 90% discount over the other airlines on the DMK airport (I don't know if it happened or not....it got silent).

So there is a battle since many years about which airline can do what. With the Shinawatras but sure other oligarchs as well.

I guess additionally there will be some corruption in the system.

And what does your fantasizing about TS have to do with the number of licence issued in the past 9 months?

• Like 1

(...)

And what does your fantasizing about TS have to do with the number of licence issued in the past 9 months?

Isn't that clear?

Without Taksin Thailand would be a corruption free paradise where everybody is happy all day long.

But when he came along he introduced corruption and things started to go wrong. Now the happy brigade in green uniform have to fix the things that Taksin caused in the past.

In short: everything negative has to do with TS (according to some) otherwise how can we support an army guy stamping all over democracy and human rights?

• Like 1

Have you any idea of the time period over which that these licences were issued?

Can you confirm that it was under the current government or previous ones and during what years?

(...)

Isn't that clear?

Without Taksin Thailand would be a corruption free paradise where everybody is happy all day long.

But when he came along he introduced corruption and things started to go wrong. Now the happy brigade in green uniform have to fix the things that Taksin caused in the past.

In short: everything negative has to do with TS (according to some) otherwise how can we support an army guy stamping all over democracy and human rights?

You're taking the piss, right? facepalm.gif

"Without Taksin Thailand would be a corruption free paradise where everybody is happy all day long." - you wrote.

Please tell me this was a pre-12pm April fool's joke.

Edited by Commerce

Really? And what was his "business"?

And before you trot out a short time JV investment in Thai Air Asia, I suggest you take into consideration what the routes were at the time, and whether or not FD was in the charter business.

That's one operating license every 7 working days...

Just shows how efficient the Thai bureaucracy can be when it wants to..... even without any brown envelopes, of course. Are we impressed?

Yup! They should be working for the UN and we would have peace on earth...?

China chater companies getting it in 3 days !!

( no fee for next 3 years !! )

We need more numbers from this so high level tourists,

TAT wise-man said !

In Swampy Every 2nd toilett will be downgraded to Chinese standard,

every 10 meter will be a bucket for spiting !

when filled up, they will go bach to China as accompanied lagguge !!

Senior wise Mng of Swampy told !