PM to shorten 'Return to happiness' speeches

Lite Beer

OK, now that we agree there are subtitles...whistling.gif

I was hoping the PM would make his speeches longer. After all, Fidel Castro used to drone on for 6 hours or more.

But seriously, the PM is way overexposed. I would advise him to limit his public appearances to 2 or 3 appearances each week. Cutting ribbons. Planting trees. Awarding certificates to schoolchildren. That sort of thing. And no extemporaneous comments, Mr Prime Minister! w00t.gif

With the accusations of lack of progress I think PM Prayut has better things to do than just cut ribbons, plant trees, award certificates. You might have been confused by the behaviour of the previous 'Thai pretty' PM who acted more like a President or Royalty than a 'primus inter pares' PM.

Most of you do not speak or understand a word in Thai.

So, please cut the BS you are giving me about the Prime Minister and his speeches as you never understood anything he ever said.

Just spilling nonsense on TVF doesn't make you look clever but quite the opposite.

you know that his speeches come with English subtitles, right? Or did you just give away the fact that you have never watched them? whistling.gif

• Like 1

So, please cut the BS you are giving me about the Prime Minister and his speeches as you never understood anything he ever said.

Just spilling nonsense on TVF doesn't make you look clever but quite the opposite.

you know that his speeches come with English subtitles, right? Or did you just give away the fact that you have never watched them? whistling.gif

Oops!

• Like 1

What would all other TV members do without your smart and witty comments? Sometimes I fear you may drown some day while taking your daily dip in the well of wisdom.

I think the attention span of most people here is about 2 minutes so best to say what you want in that time frame. After that you are just talking to yourself.

This guy has done some good or at least is trying so a few minutes a week to listen to him is reasonable. Short and to the point.....

Ummm, the fact that it's subtitled in English might be a clue why people have some inkling of what he talking about!

But that would require diverting your eyes from staring devotedly at his beloved face LOL

Oops!

Given Costas does not even realize this, it raises serious questions with regards his knowledge of Thailand, or indeed whether he has ever been here.

• Like 2

What would all other TV members do without your smart and witty comments? Sometimes I fear you may drown some day while taking your daily dip in the well of wisdom.

Aye, I have heard it said that it is possible to drown in 3 inches of water if unlucky enough...

• Like 1

Oops!

Given Costas does not even realize this, it raises serious questions with regards his knowledge of Thailand, or indeed whether he has ever been here.

Mind you, at times I wonder about the accuracy of translation. Some nasty cynical persons may even voice the opinion that the displayed text is aiming at impressing foreigners only rather than upset them with an accurate translation which would have too much Thainess to be understandable by non-Thai rolleyes.gif

"BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said Tuesday that his weekly televised speech would be shortened and that he will have his ministers pitch in."

Rumours that the ex-General has now been offered his own prime-time TV cookery show have been strongly denied.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

costasness !!

• Like 1

A couple of weeks ago I was eating in a fairly large restaurant filled with mostly young people.

There was a big screen with the general doing his friday evening hogwashing.

Funny was that the sound was turned off.

A couple of weeks ago I was eating in a fairly large restaurant filled with mostly young people.

There was a big screen with the general doing his friday evening hogwashing.

Funny was that the sound was turned off.

They were all reading the subtitles???

• Like 1

My Thai is good enough to recognize propaganda when I see/hear it Comrade. Is your Thai good enough to do likewise?

• Like 2

English subtitles? Go to any American movie, with a Thai soundtrack and English subtitles, and get ready to laugh your ass off. Anyone who knows Thai language will tell you that translation of Thai to English word for word is impossible. Some Thai words have no English synonyms and vice versa.

I don't agree with costa's views at all but he's one of the less outright hate spewing yellows on here. He doesn't deserve this many kicks. I think You're alright Costas smile.png

Actually...doesn't he often ramble about how all red shirts are evil terrorist blah blah blah? I think he does constantly.

English subtitles? Go to any American movie, with a Thai soundtrack and English subtitles, and get ready to laugh your ass off. Anyone who knows Thai language will tell you that translation of Thai to English word for word is impossible. Some Thai words have no English synonyms and vice versa.

The translation of '25 years imprisonment for a post on facebook which insulted the ____' reported on today is clear enough.

Edited by No Apologist

Now if he just move his speech to Saturday mornings at 6 am every Thai will be happier.

Saturday morning with the Prime Minister or a representative. Now that would really be like going back in time, one and a half year or so.

Wonder if he's going to start a reality show for young Thai men who want to aspire to great heights?