PM to shorten 'Return to happiness' speeches

Lite Beer

PM to shorten 'Return to happiness' speeches

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said Tuesday that his weekly televised speech would be shortened and that he will have his ministers pitch in.

"I'm tired of speaking for hours. So from now on, I will reduce the duration of my 'Returning Happiness to People' speech ever Friday and will have my ministers who oversee each topic to speak in the programme," he said after chairing a Cabinet meeting.

The programme will now last about 20-30 minutes, he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/PM-to-shorten-Return-to-happiness-speeches-30257144.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-31

• Like 1

Now if he just move his speech to Saturday mornings at 6 am every Thai will be happier.

Saturday morning with the Prime Minister or a representative. Now that would really be like going back in time, one and a half year or so.

• Like 2

Its just boring how he reads he speech from the screen. My wife looks BabyTV every Friday which is more educational according to her.

It is muttering under breath and a violent jabbing of the 'Off' button at my place. Funny thing is,the Thai contingent of the baboon family are staunch yellows, which says a lot about his broadcasting abilities...

Most of you do not speak or understand a word in Thai.

So, please cut the BS you are giving me about the Prime Minister and his speeches as you never understood anything he ever said.

Just spilling nonsense on TVF doesn't make you look clever but quite the opposite.

• Like 2

So, please cut the BS you are giving me about the Prime Minister and his speeches as you never understood anything he ever said.

Just spilling nonsense on TVF doesn't make you look clever but quite the opposite.

Last time I checked there were English subs.. A mistake though as it costed me a lot of burned brain cells :/

Talking about yourself??.......................................coffee1.gif

• Like 1

[/quote

Last one I saw was subtitled in English.

With the new catch 44, sorry article 44 in place, there is no need for Mr p to explain anything to anyone!!

Imagine the powers of the legislative, the executive and the judiciary branches in the hands of a bad tempered and poorly educated man!!

Indeed a scary thought!!

• Like 2

OK, now that we agree there are subtitles...whistling.gif

I was hoping the PM would make his speeches longer. After all, Fidel Castro used to drone on for 6 hours or more.

But seriously, the PM is way overexposed. I would advise him to limit his public appearances to 2 or 3 appearances each week. Cutting ribbons. Planting trees. Awarding certificates to schoolchildren. That sort of thing. And no extemporaneous comments, Mr Prime Minister! w00t.gif

• Like 1

Costas just because a person cannot understand Thai does not mean that they can't understand the English subtitles that accompany his boring program but I suppose you can't read English. Secondly, your sprouting at the mouth nonsense makes you look like a simple plebian. Thirdly, I will have a Thai speaking competition with you any day of the week.

simple plebian. I only have a Grade 10 education so can someone explain to me what this is? Is it like an Octogenerian, Crustacens or simply put an old fart. If it is the latter well thats me.

• Like 1

Costas just because a person cannot understand Thai does not mean that they can't understand the English subtitles that accompany his boring program but I suppose you can't read English. Secondly, your sprouting at the mouth nonsense makes you look like a simple plebian. Thirdly, I will have a Thai speaking competition with you any day of the week.

simple plebian. I only have a Grade 10 education so can someone explain to me what this is? Is it like an Octogenerian, Crustacens or simply put an old fart. If it is the latter well thats me.

I think it's suggested you might be 'pleps', part of the common people. Somehow that suggest a somewhat elite-like attitude from that devil. One may be excused to wonder about the colour of his shirt as frequently it's suggested here there is a relation rolleyes.gif