Is taking Yingluck to court the way to go?

webfact

I think Yingluck has become a bit of a side show these days.

People seem more interested in how much damage the new 'PM' is capable of inflicting on the country ??

Shame he will never be subject to the same courts as Yingluck sad.png

For what can I ask. For graft-busting, taking National park land back, making improvements in all areas and setting the conditions so that proper 'free and fair' elections can be held in 2016!!

I would like to see his charge sheet.

There will never be a charge sheet for Mr P, since he has already granted himself amnesty.

Just in case.....................coffee1.gif

Just for interest I would like to see a printed record of hours of work (daily/weekly/monthly over 3 years)

as against Prayuths 8 months in charge.

To my thinking he has put in more work hours in 8 months than her 3 years.

He has communicated with the public 1,000 more times than her. A bonus he isn't missing from the country every week on some excuse for opting out of meetings and interviews.

Oh I am sure the block newbies will find a way around my post, sure not to comment on the items I posted.

But Yingluck beats Prayuth in hours spent in an aircraft.

And in shopping malls?

A bonus he isn't missing from the country every week on some excuse for opting out of meetings and interviews.

I bet his helicopter has a "nightradar" laugh.png

Let's see...unprecedented political persecution of your opposition's leader after you have stolen power from them by force. Yeah, great move, very conciliatory!

You would have prefered a civil war and more killing of innocent children?

Like the one currently ongoing in the south?

is it still "ongoing"? I thought Chalerm fixed that long time ago......oh right he got to pissed.

• Like 1

How else are you going to put her behind bars for twenty years and confiscate all of her wealth they can find? Let her be a lesson to future Thaksin puppet governments; just because you are following orders, does not absolve you from the guilt of all the damage you have done to the country. Ms Yingluck, alone, was the absolute ONLY person in Thailand who could have prevented the loss of 700 billion Baht that now cannot be used to improve the economy or the education system or the lives of ordinary Thais. If there is only one person now in Thailand that deserves criminal charges, it is Thaksin's muppet/puppet baby sister, Yingluck. Seriously she has caused more damage than anyone in the history of Thailand. How can anyone with morals and a conscience suggest that the courts aren't necessarily the way to go. If not the courts, I suggest doing to her what they did to Mussolini and Ceausescu which is take her out and summarily execute her without a trial.

"Let her be a lesson to future Thaksin puppet governments"....shouldn't it be a lesson to all politicians & everyone else in Thailand instead of just one particular group?

• Like 1

Indeed all those who would engage in politics in the future should be shown that their actions or inactions are accountable to the law and not just to the people at the ballot box.

In any other occupation or business employee accountability is there, why should politicians be any different ? After all in spite of the high regard they hold themselves in they are employees of the people and the country.

In fact they should be held to even higher standards as they are, or should be, roll models to be looked up to and respected.

Respect should be earned by good deeds and not by fear, threats, intimidation or the granting of favors.

I would tend to agree with a good deal of your points. However your argument breaks down in the event of someone entering politics via a coup and using the law as his/her political tool, such as granting themselves and their cohorts amnesty and/or immunity from prosecution.

But a coup is an inherently illegal act, whether it is a good or bad idea, necessary or not, and requires an amnesty.

OTOH an elected politician has no such necessity, they only seek an amnesty because they recognise that they have knowingly committed crimes and want to profit from them without cost. Now they whine because they are being prosecuted.

Surely if a coup is an inherently illegal act (I agree wholeheartedly) then its perpetrators have also knowingly committed crimes?

The most senior soldier in Thailand must have realised that staging a coup was illegal. And as for profiting by it, financially maybe only by receiving a salary as prime minister, but he will also gain in very many other ways, as will his supporters.

Indeed all those who would engage in politics in the future should be shown that their actions or inactions are accountable to the law and not just to the people at the ballot box.

In any other occupation or business employee accountability is there, why should politicians be any different ? After all in spite of the high regard they hold themselves in they are employees of the people and the country.

In fact they should be held to even higher standards as they are, or should be, roll models to be looked up to and respected.

Respect should be earned by good deeds and not by fear, threats, intimidation or the granting of favors.

I would tend to agree with a good deal of your points. However your argument breaks down in the event of someone entering politics via a coup and using the law as his/her political tool, such as granting themselves and their cohorts amnesty and/or immunity from prosecution.

Where your argument is flawed is in the fact that any of those mounting a coup are not politicians.

My post specifically pointed to elected politicians, hence my first sentence concluded with the words 'ballot box'.

I also referred to politics as an occupation which should give a clue that I mean future full time politicians or even for that matter unworthies who manage to sneak in to positions of political power through back doors such as party lists.

Make no mistake, any future politician or those contemplating entering politics need to have it made very clear to them that they are answerable to the law.

• Like 2

Find her guilty, but behind doors give her an ultimatum, go to jail for five years, or give the whereabouts of your brother. Send special Thai forces in a helicopter to snatch him up and bring him to justice in Thailand. If she fails to cooperate, she goes to jail. gives false info of his whereabouts, off to jail she goes. This is justice. She has the choice of her punishment.

"Send special forces in a helicopter to snatch him up..."

1. That would be an invasion of another country, and would probably involve the helicopter being shot down as it entered the foreign countries airspace.

2. The Thai Armed Forces ability to mount any such operation is somewhat constrained by the fact that their only possible means of projecting such power (the infamous aircraft carrier) is broken and has been tied up for the last few years. This means that unless Thaksin is hiding within 30 minutes flying time or so of Thailand's borders such an idea would be a non starter. If he was silly enough to be hiding within 30 minutes in an old Huey of Thailands borders I would refer you back to answer 1,

3. They haven't squared away the lottery tickets yet!

Edited by JAG

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Find her guilty, but behind doors give her an ultimatum, go to jail for five years, or give the whereabouts of your brother. Send special Thai forces in a helicopter to snatch him up and bring him to justice in Thailand. If she fails to cooperate, she goes to jail. gives false info of his whereabouts, off to jail she goes. This is justice. She has the choice of her punishment.

"Send special forces in a helicopter to snatch him up..."

1. That would be an invasion of another country, and would probably involve the helicopter being shot down as it entered the foreign countries airspace.

2. The Thai Armed Forces ability to mount any such operation is somewhat constrained by the fact that their only possible means of projecting such power (the infamous aircraft carrier) is broken and has been tied up for the last few years. This means that unless Thaksin is hiding within 30 minutes flying time or so of Thailand's borders such an idea would be a non starter. If he was silly enough to be hiding within 30 minutes in an old Huey of Thailands borders I would refer you back to answer 1,

3. They haven't squared away the lottery tickets yet!

Add to point 1. Thai helicopters are generally not equipped to fly at night, that's from the mouth of the first female pm (fake pm that is). So any 'fly in and nab him' would have to be a daylight operation and that's not good strategy for such a mission.

He was simply pointing out a relevant contrast and the massive hypocrisy.Educated and thoughtful people generally often think in compare and contrast terms.I think mods are well aware of when to intervene if it looks as though a topic is being derailed, and you need not take it on yourself to provide unsolicited guidance.

What a quaint comment.

No sane person can argue that what's happened to Thailand post PM Yingluck is in any way positive or good.

In all its glory, Section 44.

-- image with large font text removed --

Two remarks on this

1. section 44 as part of the Interim constitution was enacted on the 22 of July, 2014

2. The translation of the Interim Constitution as we received last year has a slightly different wording. The translation you provide has a much more 'omious' wording as if to suggest some dark meaning.

The unofficial translation provided last year has

"Section 44. In the case where the Head of the National Council for Peace and Order is of opinion that it is necessary for the benefit of reform in any field and to strengthen public unity and harmony, or for the prevention, disruption or suppression of any act which undermines public peace and order or national security, the Monarchy, national economics or administration of State affairs, whether that act emerges inside or outside the Kingdom, the Head of the National Council for Peace and Order shall have the powers to make any order to disrupt or suppress regardless of the legislative, executive or judicial force of that order. In this case, that order, act or any performance in accordance with that order is deemed to be legal, constitutional and conclusive, and it shall be reported to the National Legislative Assembly and the Prime Minister without delay."

http://lawdrafter.blogspot.de/2014/07/translation-of-constitution-of-kingdom.html?m=1

(with thanks to my dear, too early departed friend Fab4)

• Like 2

Tulsathit has an interesting rhetorical method to turn a tactic of political cleansing into something that sounds normal.

a spade is still a spade, Tulsathit....

You seem to think political cleansing is a bad idea. Many think that removing filth is far from that.

• Like 1

Let's see...unprecedented political persecution of your opposition's leader after you have stolen power from them by force. Yeah, great move, very conciliatory!

You would have prefered a civil war and more killing of innocent children?

Like the one currently ongoing in the south?

One of them is religious insurgents performing acts of terrorism against the Thai government.

One of them is the Thai government performing acts of terrorism against it's own people to hold on to power.

Can you really not see how different they are ?. What a awful attempt to belittle what that last bunch of cronies did to their country.

It's not a religious conflict in the south, it's a separatist one.

History and national identity are the root causes.

Despite what some would claim religion, while playing a part, is not the driving force behind it.

• Like 1

Where else would you take her? To dinner?

To bed!

Give her some of what she has given to Thailand! After all, the crime should fit the punishment!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-02/in-rice-for-rubber-shift-thailand-s-junta-is-a-buyer-once-again

Rice subsidy bad, rubber subsidy good.

Rice subsidy corruption. Yingluck, Thaksin bad people. Go to jail. Isaan not Thai.

Rubber subsidy good. People in South good. Uncle Prayuth good heart.

If not like, bad people. Not Thai people. Go home.

Tulsathit has an interesting rhetorical method to turn a tactic of political cleansing into something that sounds normal.

You seem to think political cleansing is a bad idea. Many think that removing filth is far from that.

let's say that you were my political opponent.

And then I threw you in jail.

You would stop posting here and I would be happy.

You, on the other hand, probably would not agree with that cleansing, would you?

let's say that you were my political opponent.

And then I threw you in jail.

You would stop posting here and I would be happy.

You, on the other hand, probably would not agree with that cleansing, would you?

Well, unlike halloween, Ms. Yingluck gets a fair trial, the opportunity to explain herself.

• Like 2

Still not on trial??? LOL

It's a disgrace indeed, but even the elite need to wait till the day set by a court. In Ms. Yingluck's case, she's required to go to the Supreme Court for Political Office Holders on the 19th of May, 2015, to hear and acknowledge charges, to plead innocence and to have her legal team ask for bail. Being elite and therefor unlikely to flee the country she'll get bail. Probably only with condition to ask for permission if she wants to eat noodles in Singapore, take her son to DisneyWorld, things like that.

very witty again uncle rubi

Edited by theoldgit
Quote fixed

Where else would you take her? To dinner?

To bed!

Give her some of what she has given to Thailand! After all, the crime should fit the punishment!

.............................Give her some of what she has given to Thailand!....................................

What, so you are going to throw her on the bed and do nothing, except steal her purse, tell her a pack of lies, and go shopping ?

I am sure she will love that ! clap2.gif