Huge gold mine planned for Koh Phangan

webfact

This is the end for tourism on Panghan,the dust and noise from blasting and operating the mine,moving huge amounts of heavy equipment around,will affect the whole island,they will basically turn the south east of the island into a giant hole,no doubt the full moon party will move to one of the quieter northern beaches,with the attended development that goes with it,wrecking this peacefull, area of the island,a great shame,that is it it ever gets of the ground{tit],this proposed land bridge to Samui,seems like a thing of fantasy,it would be one of the largest engineering projects in the world and cost billions.

Unless it is being fast tracked by the Thai civil aviation department it should take up to 5 to 10 years , the drilling may be done but the treatment circuit, waste control, mining methods need to be thrashed out with company research and government authorization , the environment of this area should take precedence over anything else, that in itself should take a long time, it is not simply a straightforward procedure, from discovery to production in a country with due diligence it would take up to 10 years, the local people must have a say in the project whether they are in favour or not , along with training and employment. In mitigation and hind sight , it should be up and running by the end of the year or Easter 2016 at the latest.coffee1.gif

Think they already have started with that big factory platform – or whatever they have parked at the tip of Haad Rin – illuminated all night and seemed like hard working.

(Attached photo from today.)

post-122720-0-76294500-1427877670_thumb.

Presume better go Full Moon Party on Friday night, as that may be the last one...thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Unless it is being fast tracked by the Thai civil aviation department it should take up to 5 to 10 years , the drilling may be done but the treatment circuit, waste control, mining methods need to be thrashed out with company research and government authorization , the environment of this area should take precedence over anything else, that in itself should take a long time, it is not simply a straightforward procedure, from discovery to production in a country with due diligence it would take up to 10 years, the local people must have a say in the project whether they are in favour or not , along with training and employment. In mitigation and hind sight , it should be up and running by the end of the year or Easter 2016 at the latest.coffee1.gif

it will not much preparation, they will use the stone and rocks, which not contains minearals

for the natural bridge from Samui to KPG;

So no deponie needed,

and all other waste, the mining will be just on shore line,

sw just drop in the sea !

Will have superb effect that KPG will get the land back, which recent

were mwasured by land office in Samui and missed;

So thias project will have only good side effects,

beside ot that that fool moon parties will be renamed to

1st April parties !! 555555555555555

If it's true the elephant and tiger disapear earlier then the expected 25 years wwf told

Years ago waiting in haaad rin peer students come to me and told about a planing oil platform , and want signature from tourists to bring in protests

I imagine the same was said when Thailand approved development of their offshore oil and gas reserves. Seems that has actually proved beneficial to the country. Why is everyone so against Thailand developing and producing their natural resources? Is this not what all countries do?

Cows will be jumping over the moon, next full moon party....

Come and watch that happen too! whistling.giffacepalm.giftongue.png

and this ship KhunPer and I saw today, is dropping off the first excavating crew....rolleyes.gif

April%2520around%2520Samui%2520-1097-2.j

–Yeah, but it left Haad Rin so fast, that it was way out before I got the steam heated up on my old camera – or maybe that is the second ship in my horizon...whistling.gif
My friends at Lomprayah says, they don’t mine – they are now already fully booked months ahead and can even charge overweight from passengers with gold mining accessories...clap2.gif
Even the Full Moon Party may turn into being a real gold mine when officially changing name to Full Klondyke Party – and then the infamous birds from the beer bars may become real gold diggers...
laugh.png
  • Like 1