Huge gold mine planned for Koh Phangan

webfact

The monk Ven. Asappurisa Mahathera affirmed yesterday that Dhammakaya Foundation shall erect a golden pagoda of 121 meters high in four levels. Symbolizing the Four Classes of all 121 Cittas.

Build at Hat Rim, plated with gold from taxation of the mining and offered by the Government.

• Like 1

Thailand already has already 1 huge goldmine in the Phitchit area called Chatree Gold mine operated by an Australian Mining Company which only just started up again after more than a month because it stopped operations in good faith so that government departments could carry out investigations on locals complaining of getting sickness from the mine which Chatree was cleared of causing.

The history of Chatree mine is it took more that 20 years to get approval to start construction and operate so don't expect the Koh Phangan gold mine to start so quick. Thailand is also generally anti mining and soon there will be an anti mining mob rock up on the island so its not going to be smooth sailing at all.

"far more healthy industry than flogging buckets of bad quality booze to drunken kids on a beach once a month" ummmmm really? I think cleaning up some puke, Sang Som, and a bit of pee is relatively easy. And, surely I will be at the first Full Moon Party with candles and yoga~but only if they lift the ban on underboobs because I like those

I hope this is still a April joke

If not my paradise island is gone and this would be very sad!

How long this process need the be finish , when done company think here make big money and destroy fisher man income , proberbly make the bill without the American fed that manipulate the gold price

Let's say from now the mine is finish in 5 year gold price will go down to 700 dollar!

I hope local fisherman ban this project in name of nature !