Changing from NON-IM B to ED

Hello all, is it possible to change from a non-immigrant B Visa to a non-immigrant ED Visa within the country, or do I need to inform my friend to leave the country and return with a new Visa?

I keep hearing different snippets of information and none of them seem to add up together. Does anyone know the real answer?

Thank you very much

They are both non-immigrant visa hence strictly speaking no conversion is possible. Furthermore immigration will not make change of reason for extension for studying at a private school.

So will have to apply for the visa abroad.

Edited by paz

Just a word of caution. Earlier in the week I travelled to Savannaket to move from a Non B extension to a Non O multi entry. However, when reaching the border, immigration refused to let me out. Reason being that according to them I was supposed to cancel my extension at the local immigration and get a seven day extension to leave. They sent me to the office where you pay overstay. Luckily for me I had a letter from my school saying that my contract had expired and that I was going to cancel my extension at Mukdahan before applying for a non o multi in Savannaket. This was enough to convinve them to give me the exit stamp. I would also note that there were four other people in the office with the same prediciment but not having the same luck. I would have thought that leaving the country on the last day of your extension would automatically cancel your extension but apparently not.

In regard to getting the multi non o, I was in and out in less than a minute, only a few other people at the consulate when I arrived around 10am.

Stayed at a place called Avalon Apartments for 600baht. Its new and clean, hasTV, Fridge, aircon, comfortable bed, balcony hot and cold water. Had breakfast but had to pay extra.