UK Passport

I am going to the UK shortly and whilst there will be getting a new passport. Can I go to the Thai Embassy in Kensington London to have my Visa/ retirement stamp/exit stamp transferred to the new passport.

I am told that Ubonjoe will know the answer.

Many thanks

The embassy will not and cannot transfer anything.

You will use both passports on your return to the country.

If you have an extension of stay you got at immigration you show your re-entry permit in the old passport on entry and they will stamp you into the country in your new passport. Then you go to immigration to have your stamps transferred.

If you have a valid visa you will show both passports on entry to the country until your visa expires. Immigration does not transfer visas.

"No" to the Thai Embassy in London as ubonjoe has said, but "yes" to the British Embassy in Bangkok in order to obtain their misleadingly-titled "visa transfer" letter which will probably be a prerequisite of your local immigration office to the transfer of existing stamps from old to new passports. Attached is a blank template of the Embassy letter plus the Embassy notice which the With-It Tower Mob issue to renewal applicants from Thailand when they return to collect their new passports. Incidentally, a personal trip to the Embassy for this purpose does not require an online appointment to have been made.

post-63387-0-38800500-1427961022_thumb.j

150211 Visa Transfer Letter Final.docx

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1